Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2010, 14:27   #6201
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I don't blame you for being aggravated, but you are one lucky man.
Skidoo keep up the therapy. You are such a positive guy even with so
much going on with yourself and people you love. I have a lot of respect for you.
He wouldn't be so lucky if he was actually stuck with me.

sawgrass, you've pegged Skidoo well. He's the eternal optimist. But he does need to get at working that arm of his.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 14:36   #6202
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
He wouldn't be so lucky if he was actually stuck with me.

sawgrass, you've pegged Skidoo well. He's the eternal optimist. But he does need to get at working that arm of his.
uuhhhh no....it's more like if he wasn't stuck on you he might not be here

Skidoo we have fish to catch. Keep up the therapy before LW really gets after
you.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 14:46   #6203
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
uuhhhh no....it's more like if he wasn't stuck on you he might not be here

Skidoo we have fish to catch. Keep up the therapy before LW really gets after
you.
You have a point there, but I said stuck WITH, not stuck ON. Neither one of us has dibs on each other, although he is a sweetheart. There's some other sweethearts in here I want to meet, too. Then they'll all wise up and decide none of them wants anything to do with me.

sawgrass, you have some leverage over him too. He can't operate a fishing reel or a Ditch Pickle until he can use his arm again. Have at him....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-06-2010, 07:53   #6204
BobInTX

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:24   #6205
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
from me. How was your weekend?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:11   #6206
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
. Then they'll all wise up and decide none of them wants anything to do with me.

sawgrass, you have some leverage over him too. He can't operate a fishing reel or a Ditch Pickle until he can use his arm again. Have at him.... ::
Wolfe once you recover from your mantal issues you would be a great catch for some lucky man. Stop thinking you won't be. But you are wise not to rush into anything anytime soon while you are going through so many changes.

23skidoo is it true that you would not be able to fish right now? If so you need to work hard on that left arm.

Quote:
You could have posted last night if you'd wanted to. After the extra mads started kicking in I put the computer down and layed flat. I wasn't about to move again if I didn't have to. The prayers worked, I finally went to sleep and got about 5 hours. I needed it, I was so exhausted last night. My chest isn't *****ing quite so bad today, beyond the normal complaint level that is. But that's bad enough.
What a relief that you were able to sleep. I hope you slept again last night. How does your chest feel today? Were you able to avoid the troublemakers today?

Quote:
She wants to know if she can stay with you until May or so...
sawgrass Wolfe told me she changed her mind and wants you to send that little dog to me instead.

Quote:
Pick one thing and talk about it, that seems like a good idea..
Now do this every day plesae.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 13:46   #6207
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe once you recover from your mantal issues you would be a great catch for some lucky man. Stop thinking you won't be. But you are wise not to rush into anything anytime soon while you are going through so many changes.

I couldn't if I wanted to, but even so, I doubt I'd be a great catch for anyone. Who knows, though. I just think I need to know who I am before I can commit myself to anyone. I was talking to my shrink about this today, and about these posts and PM's of the past day and he said I was essentially a whole new person emerging from what I used to be and needed to as he put it "play the field" for a while. I could see what he meant, if I don't know myself, how can I possibly know what I want in a man?

What a relief that you were able to sleep. I hope you slept again last night. How does your chest feel today? Were you able to avoid the troublemakers today?

I did sleep again last night, but real broken sleep. Still, much better than no sleep, so I'll take it. How does my chest feel? Guess! I had to deal with the Drama Queens, but got in and out as fast as I could.

sawgrass Wolfe told me she changed her mind and wants you to send that little dog to me instead.

Don't make me have to come back there and do something evil to you...

Now do this every day please.
I'll do the best I can. One subject a day seems a little less intimidating, much like getting through by doing it one day at a time.

Quote:
Hiya, how you doing? How's the family doing?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-06-2010, 13:49   #6208
BobInTX

Quote:
from me. How was your weekend?
It was pretty good. We got out of town for a couple of days and went to a retriever training seminar at our retriever club with a pro trainer. I learned a lot I can put to good use to correct my dog's weaknesses.

It was in the mid-fifties Saturday but the wind was out of the north gusting 25-30 mph. It was pretty miserable. I know, we're a bunch of wimps compared to you MN folk. Say that again if it ever gets 110 degrees up there. Sunday was colder but the wind didn't blow as much.

Here is my big spoiled baby.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LabBluebonnets.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	208896
Old 12-06-2010, 13:52   #6209
okie
GT Mayor

Here's another bowl of soup for you sweetheart, love you sweetie pie
Okie Memorial Area
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 14:04   #6210
BobInTX

Quote:
I'll do the best I can. One subject a day seems a little less intimidating, much like getting through by doing it one day at a time.

Hiya, how you doing? How's the family doing?
So I guess today's subject was men, huh?

It was good to get away for a couple of days so the wife didn't have to worry about the parents for a bit. She said today her dad was good. His memory is doing better. Her mom commented about how much different he was than two weeks ago. Her mom is just biding time until she can start walking on her foot again. She is getting therapy on her arms and legs, which should help her a lot when she begins walking again.

Thursday we are going with our son and daugher in-law to get a 3D sonogram on our little girl baby that's coming in February. Nothing wrong, just want to see her.
Old 12-06-2010, 14:41   #6211
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you slept well again last night and the drama queens found themselves transferred to a true Hellhole. The slep of the just tonight.

Bob; I hope your granddaughter is healthy and perfect.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 12-06-2010 at 14:42..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 15:55   #6212
BobInTX

Thanks. So far, so good.

She is going to be spoiled rotten, though.
Old 12-06-2010, 16:46   #6213
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! I hope you slept well again last night and the drama queens found themselves transferred to a true Hellhole. The slep of the just tonight.

Bob; I hope your granddaughter is healthy and perfect.
Sleep wasn't good last night, but at least I got some sleep. Now those Drama Queens transferring to a hellhole would be a really good dream!

About Bob's granddaughter, I hope she's healthy too, and I can pretty much guarantee Bob and Mrs. Bob will think she's perfect no matter what.

Quote:
So I guess today's subject was men, huh?

It was good to get away for a couple of days so the wife didn't have to worry about the parents for a bit. She said today her dad was good. His memory is doing better. Her mom commented about how much different he was than two weeks ago. Her mom is just biding time until she can start walking on her foot again. She is getting therapy on her arms and legs, which should help her a lot when she begins walking again.

Thursday we are going with our son and daugher in-law to get a 3D sonogram on our little girl baby that's coming in February. Nothing wrong, just want to see her.
I hope you get a picture you can share of your granddaughter in utero. That's really neat. And I'm glad to hear some good new about your wife and MIL. I hope the therapy is helping.

I didn't plan for men to be my subject for today, but I guess it turned out that way. I don't want to rant and rave and blame men for all my problems, but when I think about, 3 men with AK's are to blame for a lot of my problems.

I just now wrote out a couple long paragraphs about my thoughts on men and relationships and my past history, but then decided to delete it all. Maybe not the best choice of subjects for the day, although my shrink had plenty to say. Not to try that sleep thing again...............

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-06-2010, 17:40   #6214
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

Quote:
Sleep wasn't good last night, but at least I got some sleep. Now those Drama Queens transferring to a hellhole would be a really good dream!

About Bob's granddaughter, I hope she's healthy too, and I can pretty much guarantee Bob and Mrs. Bob will think she's perfect no matter what.

I hope you get a picture you can share of your granddaughter in utero. That's really neat. And I'm glad to hear some good new about your wife and MIL. I hope the therapy is helping.

I didn't plan for men to be my subject for today, but I guess it turned out that way. I don't want to rant and rave and blame men for all my problems, but when I think about, 3 men with AK's are to blame for a lot of my problems.

I just now wrote out a couple long paragraphs about my thoughts on men and relationships and my past history, but then decided to delete it all. Maybe not the best choice of subjects for the day, although my shrink had plenty to say. Not to try that sleep thing again...............

Well, this guy hopes and prays you get better soon.
Old 12-06-2010, 21:08   #6215
BobInTX

Quote:

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!

Wolfe, everything we do in here is for you, so it's good you wrote it even if you deleted it. I've told you before on the writing exercises if you didn't feel comfortable posting them on here you could pm me or even just keep it to yourself, as long as you did them.

Speaking of which...
Old 12-06-2010, 22:08   #6216
sawgrass

Bob I'm glad you had a little break over the weekend.
Too bad about the wind. It makes things miserable.
That is a pretty lab.

LW I hope you sleep. I agree with Bob that if you don't want to post
something there is a lot of benefit in sorting out your thoughts on paper.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:00   #6217
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
Well, this guy hopes and prays you get better soon.
Thank you, Bobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Here's another bowl of soup for you sweetheart, love you sweetie pie
Damn, that bowl of soup looks so good right now! And another hour to go before lunch.

okie

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-07-2010, 08:34   #6218
engineer151515

That soup looks really good every time I see it.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:42   #6219
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
That soup looks really good every time I see it.
I would offer to make you some but if I do 'you know who' will yell DIBS at me!So how's that project coming along? I found myself wondering
about that yesterday.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:58   #6220
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I would offer to make you some but if I do 'you know who' will yell DIBS at me!So how's that project coming along? I found myself wondering
about that yesterday.
Oh, I'll share the soup with you. It's engineer himself I have dibs on.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-07-2010, 09:09   #6221
BobInTX

Quote:
Playing the field, I see.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:13   #6222
sawgrass

Quote:
I think he should send us a Christmas pic. I don't want him but hey, I'm not
blind. He is a very attractive man.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:05   #6223
sawgrass

Here's the cactus and a holiday red squirrel for you! It looks like he's chomping on the light but it's the tree reflection.

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-15-2011 at 08:06..
Old 12-07-2010, 10:39   #6224
BobInTX

Wolfe, the tuxedo cat has been at our back door every morning this week wanting his breakfast.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:40   #6225
BobInTX

Today's topic is Fear.

So, Lone_Wolfe, what are you afraid of?

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!