SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2010, 14:09   #4721
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Yeah, Magnus, that's what I meant by SilentButDeadly .

Funny because I know Wolfe gets a little quiet once in a while, but
silent isn't exactly something that pops into my head when I think
of her.

Engineer you are a popular fellow!
Old 08-11-2010, 14:10   #4722
BobInTX

No, SilentButDeadly was my new name for Silent_Runner, Saltgrass.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 16:13   #4723
Glock26girl
G26, G19

You guys are all so darned funny!!!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 16:16   #4724
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Wow, you really want that foot rub.
Are you volunteering for when engineer needs a rest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Good news on the ankle, keep that ice on it. You can find ice in the sandbox can't you? Prayers for you and skidoo. Sounds like he's coming along nicely.
Actually I get cold packs from the hospital. A whole lot easier than dragging ice from the DFAC. Thanks for the prayers, especially for Skidoo. Hopefully he'll be swinging from the rafters by next week.

Quote:
Oh, I see. You catch me off my guard before you move in for the kill.

Thanks for posting some writing assignment. The rest tomorrow, perhaps?
When you least expect it........ expect it.....

Nope, no writing assignment today. Something else happened today that I wanted to talk about.

I don’t get to talk to the chaplain here much when there’s not too many other people around to speak freely, but I did today. We sat down and he asked me to tell him what’s been happening with me since I saw him last, a little over 3 months. I went over my stay in the hospital and all the stuff to do with that, weaning off the Fentanyl because it reacted with a muscle relaxer I have to take, and then everything involving Skidoo. I spilled for a good while. We’ve talked in the past about the guilt I’ve felt over Greg’s death saving me and he’s often asked me how I think Greg would feel about my feeling so guilty about it. He’s also speculated about how Greg might feel about everything from just the fact that I survived, to the various problems like drug allergies and setbacks that I’ve had. The chaplain has always said that he doubts Greg would second-guess his decision to run out to me even if he could see everything that’s gone wrong.

In the past we talked about Greg, freshly arrived in Heaven, watching as the medic and then the hospital staff working on me even the odds were so much against me. I had pictured Greg saying “Damn, maybe I SHOULD have stayed down, she’s a mess”. He just had to wonder if it was worth sacrificing himself for someone as messed up as I am. As time went by and I have healed so slowly and had all the troubles I’ve had I told the chaplain I could see Greg asking God “Are you SURE you wanted her to stay down there?” God would have just told Greg to trust him on that and Greg would have been skeptical. So today when we got back onto that subject he said that God probably walked over to Greg, elbowed him and said “See that? Told Ya I had a reason!” I could picture Greg thinking about it a minute, then saying “Touche”….

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 16:24   #4725
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Hey I'm pretty damn good at it when my RA is not acting up.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 16:26   #4726
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

Nope, no writing assignment today. Something else happened today that I wanted to talk about.

I don’t get to talk to the chaplain here much when there’s not too many other people around to speak freely, but I did today. We sat down and he asked me to tell him what’s been happening with me since I saw him last, a little over 3 months. I went over my stay in the hospital and all the stuff to do with that, weaning off the Fentanyl because it reacted with a muscle relaxer I have to take, and then everything involving Skidoo. I spilled for a good while. We’ve talked in the past about the guilt I’ve felt over Greg’s death saving me and he’s often asked me how I think Greg would feel about my feeling so guilty about it. He’s also speculated about how Greg might feel about everything from just the fact that I survived, to the various problems like drug allergies and setbacks that I’ve had. The chaplain has always said that he doubts Greg would second-guess his decision to run out to me even if he could see everything that’s gone wrong.

In the past we talked about Greg, freshly arrived in Heaven, watching as the medic and then the hospital staff working on me even the odds were so much against me. I had pictured Greg saying “Damn, maybe I SHOULD have stayed down, she’s a mess”. He just had to wonder if it was worth sacrificing himself for someone as messed up as I am. As time went by and I have healed so slowly and had all the troubles I’ve had I told the chaplain I could see Greg asking God “Are you SURE you wanted her to stay down there?” God would have just told Greg to trust him on that and Greg would have been skeptical. So today when we got back onto that subject he said that God probably walked over to Greg, elbowed him and said “See that? Told Ya I had a reason!” I could picture Greg thinking about it a minute, then saying “Touche”….
I like that. Well said!
Old 08-11-2010, 16:37   #4727
engineer151515

Quote:
<<<<<
Quote:
"....... I might have just enough
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was"
-Toby Keith
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 17:52   #4728
sawgrass

Quote:
Actually I get cold packs from the hospital. A whole lot easier than dragging ice from the DFAC. Thanks for the prayers, especially for Skidoo. Hopefully he'll be swinging from the rafters by next week.
When you least expect it........ expect it.....

Wolfe, everything is as it should be.
...if you accept that and continue to heal, you have a new life waiting for you.
Old 08-11-2010, 17:59   #4729
sawgrass

I prefer a massage from a man. Maybe I can settle this
argument between LW and SR.

BobinFear I missed all that somehow. Now that I'm up to speed, I get it.
SilentbutDeadly...yep.

SR a ditch pickle is a term for skidoo snowmobiles in MN. They are often green. When I first saw his name it's what I thought of.

We need a nickname for engineer and glock26girl.
What do you think?

saltgrass
Old 08-11-2010, 19:29   #4730
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post

BobinFear I missed all that somehow. Now that I'm up to speed, I get it.
SilentbutDeadly...yep.

SR a ditch pickle is a term for skidoo snowmobiles in MN. They are often green. When I first saw his name it's what I thought of.

We need a nickname for engineer and glock26girl.
What do you think?

saltgrass
Engineer is BruceWillisthePoetFootMassager. I'll have to think about Glock26Girl. All I can think of right now is Sweetheart.
Old 08-11-2010, 19:31   #4731
BobInTX

LW, I'll take post over the writing assignment.

However, tomorrow...
Old 08-11-2010, 19:55   #4732
sawgrass

Quote:
Engineer is BruceWillisthePoetFootMassager. I'll have to think about Glock26Girl. All I can think of right now is Sweetheart.
wow, that's a little long

but glock26girl is a sweetheart
Old 08-12-2010, 16:29   #4733
Glock26girl
G26, G19

You guys...I already had tears in my eyes reading Wolfe's post about Greg. Thanks for the nice thoughts...

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 16:30   #4734
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
There's only one problem with the name Sweetheart. It fits too many people in here. It could be okie, engineer, Skidoo, G26girl, Geeorge, or a bunch more. Make it Sweetheart_with_tude and it could be sawgrass. Make it Sweetheart_with_long_stick, and we all know who keeps poking my eyes out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
You guys are all so darned funny!!!
Got to agree with you there. Sometimes I come in here feeling down and intending to read some of the more encouraging posts and just end up laughing until I have to reach for extra pain meds. It's worth it.

Quote:
Hey I'm pretty damn good at it when my RA is not acting up.
Then get busy, please. I had the day from hell and I could use a massage like you wouldn't believe!

Quote:

saltgrass
Well considering that engineer and Magnus ARE men and that's who I prefer give my massages I don't see how you'd settle this arguement, so I'll settle it the easy way. I have dibs!

Quote:
LW, I'll take post over the writing assignment.

However, tomorrow...
Tomorrow never comes, right?

Yeah, I know I need to get back to it, but not today. Had a rough day at work, and I'm feeling the effects of it. I feel like someone shot me, an elephant trampled my chest, then Atlas the Circus Strongman took his sledge to me. I guess my doc meant it when he said don't even try to crawl yet. Oh well, I had to find a different way to get behind the server.

Quote:
Wolfe, everything is as it should be.
...if you accept that and continue to heal, you have a new life waiting for you.
I was reading that a few times over and want to say something about it, but I'm not sure what. So I'll revisit it later. I just know that when my chest screams things like it has today from trying to do too much I find myself wondering if it was even worth surviving just to have this much pain and be unable to do so much that I did in the past. But this time I felt a little different. Hated the pain, wanted to be normal again, but still am glad I was here when I was needed.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 16:57   #4735
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

I was reading that a few times over and want to say something about it, but I'm not sure what. So I'll revisit it later. I just know that when my chest screams things like it has today from trying to do too much I find myself wondering if it was even worth surviving just to have this much pain and be unable to do so much that I did in the past. But this time I felt a little different. Hated the pain, wanted to be normal again, but still am glad I was here when I was needed.
I know it's hard. I hope it gets to be tolerable for you. I'm lucky because when I'm lying down, most of the pain is gone. Coarse I get tired of being in bed all the time. I understand wanting to feel normal but don't give up. I believe there is hope for you yet. Besides, if you give up so will I, so there.
Old 08-12-2010, 17:57   #4736
BobInTX

Quote:
I know it's hard. I hope it gets to be tolerable for you. I'm lucky because when I'm lying down, most of the pain is gone. Coarse I get tired of being in bed all the time. I understand wanting to feel normal but don't give up. I believe there is hope for you yet. Besides, if you give up so will I, so there.
Now there ain't gonna be no givin' up around here! Unless it's givin' up hugs, laughs, new screen names, or well wishes, or foot rubs.

LW, this too shall pass. Did the server have the same parentage as the IED planters today?
Old 08-12-2010, 18:56   #4737
sawgrass

Wolfe from out here, it's easy to see the progress you are making.
I hate what happened to skidoo, but you got him help, it's that simple.
It's harder to see some of the other good that comes through how you
affect the rest of us. Believe me it's there.

I'm know the pain really works on you sometimes, but it is a process
that will improve as long as you keep fighting.

tude???? Whatever do you mean? It's ok LW, you and I are a lot
alike.

I hope you are in sweet sleep right now.
Old 08-13-2010, 00:30   #4738
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:58   #4739
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
There's only one problem with the name Sweetheart. It fits too many people in here. It could be okie, engineer, Skidoo, G26girl, Geeorge, or a bunch more. Make it Sweetheart_with_tude and it could be sawgrass. Make it Sweetheart_with_long_stick, and we all know who keeps poking my eyes out....

I see you left me out of the list of sweethearts in here. Are you trying to tell me something?

You stay glad you were here when you were needed and you just remember that you will probably be needed again. You never know who will need you or when and where it might happen. You are alive for a good reason. You stay glad of that.

Quote:
Now there ain't gonna be no givin' up around here! Unless it's givin' up hugs, laughs, new screen names, or well wishes, or foot rubs.

LW, this too shall pass. Did the server have the same parentage as the IED planters today?
Well said! Wolfe is tha pain any better today? I hope you rested well last night. You are very quiet today and I hope that just means you are taking it easy. Please let us know. And did you scorch that server with your language?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:12   #4740
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I see you left me out of the list of sweethearts in here. Are you trying to tell me something?

I thought you were Sweetheart_with_long_stick .

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!