Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:36   #4661
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I'm not caught up with the thread, but will say, LW if you're zooming down
anything it better be in the mustang!! I really don't want a turn with the stick
but it could happen if you drag out those bikes.

FYI, Georgia is still there. We rented a cabin on a creek in Dillard GA.
I took Wrencher to a waterfall that is one and a half miles down, and
YES 1 1/2 miles up. We thought we were going to croak!

Thanks for Skidoo's new address at rehab.

I'm going to mention this here for folks who read this thread. Somewhere
in the last 10 days I think just before I left someone somehow stole my
checking debit # off of my card......

In this world you just can't be too careful.

LW I missed you.
Saw grass, I donít think you have to worry about me trying to ride one od the bikes for a while to come still. I canít hold one up and Iíd hate to screw up a pretty motorcycle. And if I did, do you think Iíd be dumb enough to tell you about it? My poor bikes would be in the river!

Glad to hear that Georgia is still there considering Iíll be going through there soon. BTW, whereís the pics? Sorry to hear you debit card got jacked. Hope you donít have a big problem getting your $$$ back. I agree with you about using credit cards as long as you pay it off each month. Pick out one with good rewards like the Cabelas you mentioned. I thier card and it's up to almost $500 worth of points. I wish Iíd had all those points back when I was buying guns.

Iíve missed you too, my friend and Iím glad you made it back safely. In case you didnít get a chance to catch up on my thread about Skidoo heís in a rehab facility now. All the prayers are doing him good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Saltgrass, your liability.........
Saltgrass?????

Quote:

Bob, is that my cue to get my ass in here and say Hi?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:50   #4662
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Saltgrass?????

Bob, is that my cue to get my ass in here and say Hi?

Oh, hell, I knew I was going to do that one of these days. I love that restaurant. http://www.saltgrass.com/default.asp Sorry, sawgrass.

Yes, and you take cues well. Heh, you said "ass".

BoobInTX
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:51   #4663
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:00   #4664
BobInTX

Quote:
More sleep should mean less pain as my chest heals. It's healed a lot from the day I got shot, but it doesn't seem that way sometimes like today when the pain wanted to flare up for no apparent reason other than it could.

Sometimes I'm a participant, although it's not as intense even if the subject matter is the same. Other times it feels more like I'm watching the movies. Plus I'm starting to have more than just the usual stuff again. It's still all bad dreams right now, just slight variety in subject matter.
Long_Woof , is your chest pain limited to your rib cage and cartilage in between, or does it involve underlying tissue and organs, like your lungs? Is your problem getting full deep breaths a lung problem, or is it because you can't expand your rib cage?

I'm glad that your nightmares are getting less intense. That's encouraging to me, and I'm sure you as well. I hope one of these days soon instead of those old nasty nightmares you have one where you are riding your motorcycle down a nice country road in the fall with all the leaves turning red and golden. Do you have other dreams besides the nightmares?

Hey, I might as well screw up all my friends user names.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:45   #4665
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Long_Woof

And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 16:09   #4666
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post

hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
back at ya, sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: smootchie:: hugs:
Love my okie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOBinTX View Post
Oh, hell, I knew I was going to do that one of these days.....

BoobInTX
I plan to stay hidden when sawgrass gets back here, just in case. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe do all the medic lack tact like the one who made that comment does?: upeyes:: rofl: I guess they need some relief from the stress over there and I bet that makes you laugh too. But then you seem to think that saying you feel like someone shot you is funny. I guess is would be if it were not true.

You are right in that the more you sleep the more you can heal. I think the nightmares will become less frequent as well as less severe rather quickly if you keep sleeping every night. The human mind has an incredible capacity to heal itself. I'm glad to hear that you have no intention of overdoing things while you heal. You do not need anymore setbacks that are bound to happen. Now that you are sleeping do you think you will be able to come home soon?
Of course these medics donít all the tact you have to have. This is a war zone, that kind of talk is common. Youíre right, itís stress relief. And when I say I feel like someone shot me Iím just telling the truth. Would you rather say I feel like I got run over by a car? Well, thatís true too, but it was a long time agoÖ. And I know better than to get crazy when I start to feel a little better. I hate pain and want it to stay away and stay gone! I plan to stay here as long as they'll let me. I'm getting way better care than I'll get from the VA and I'm getting way better pay than I'll get from the VA. I play to pay off as much as I can and bank as much as I can so when I have to live on disability it won't be as bad because my bills will be minimal.

Quote:
Long_Woof : supergrin:, is your chest pain limited to your rib cage and cartilage in between, or does it involve underlying tissue and organs, like your lungs? Is your problem getting full deep breaths a lung problem, or is it because you can't expand your rib cage?

I'm glad that your nightmares are getting less intense. That's encouraging to me, and I'm sure you as well. I hope one of these days soon instead of those old nasty nightmares you have one where you are riding your motorcycle down a nice country road in the fall with all the leaves turning red and golden. Do you have other dreams besides the nightmares?

Hey, I might as well screw up all my friends user names. : rofl:
The pain involves the cartilage, bone, and underlying area too. The internal damage is mostly healed and doesnít hurt near as bad as it did at first. The lungs themselves are mostly OK, the problems from them both collapsing isnít bad because theyíre basically just bags. The damage to my heart was one of the first things to heal, luckily. That leaves bone and cartilage to cause most of the pain and itís mostly centered at or near the sternum. There are days I can still feel every break it had, and where the ribs were separated from it. The cartilage in that area has a lot of damage still healing and thatís the most common cause of my flare-ups and what I hurt the most when I do things like the time I tried to push myself off the bed from face-down. I canít even sleep face-down yet, and I miss that. The breathing issues are a case of my chest not being able to expand to let the lungs fill. When I have tightness or spasms is when I have real trouble breathing.

Iím looking forward to having a nice dream like that where Iím riding my bike, and hopefully sawgrass wonít be chasing me trying to push the bike in the river. Right now the dreams are still just nightmares, but in the last few nights the subject matter is expanding a little. The same thing happened before when I was sleeping for a couple weeks a few months ago. My shrink say thatís a real good sign.

Hey, at least you didnít call me Long_InTheTooth. I might have had to plot against youÖ.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-05-2010, 16:45   #4667
BobInTX

Shoot I would not call you that because I'm older than you are! ...

And I'd have some big Army guys knocking on my front door.

Last edited by BobInTX; 08-05-2010 at 16:47..
Old 08-05-2010, 20:54   #4668
Glock26girl
G26, G19

In reference to your saying you "feel like you've been shot" and "run over by a car." I have a friend who says she feels like she's been hit by a semi. She was crossing a busy highway and was hit by a semi-truck, suffering a head injury. After months in a coma and gazillions of prayers, she is now totally healthy, married and has small children. Talk about God's answer to a seeming impossible situation!

You are a miracle girl, Wolfe! God is showing His power and mercy in your life and we who have gotten to know you, are blessed enough to have witnessed it all.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:41   #4669
Tenngunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
I

You are a miracle girl, Wolfe! God is showing His power and mercy in your life and we who have gotten to know you, are blessed enough to have witnessed it all.
This says it all LW. you keep workin and we'll keep praying for you and skidoo. Have a good weekend, stay safe.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 14:40   #4670
sawgrass

Bob, saltgrass is ok. I think I had you mixed up with an entirely different
Texan when you first came here. (yes, you are the nice one)

Wolfe, are you working on part 4?
How's the sleep?
What about Silent_Runners question regarding coming home, as you
continue to sleep better?
Old 08-06-2010, 16:17   #4671
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Bob, saltgrass is ok. I think I had you mixed up with an entirely different
Texan when you first came here. (yes, you are the nice one)

Wolfe, are you working on part 4?
How's the sleep?
What about Silent_Runners question regarding coming home, as you
continue to sleep better?
Hiya something-grass. Just kidding, glad to see you back. Yes, Bob is the nice one most of the time. Except when he pokes me with that 8000 mile long stick, that is.

No, I havenít started part 4 yet. Suppose I better before Bob makes another of those sticks and you start poking me too. The sleepís still less than I need, but better than before. I explained in more detail about staying here in my long post last night, but the nutshell is that Iíll stay here as long as this particular job is here and my employer will have me. Hopefully thatíll be for at least a few more months.

Quote:
Shoot I would not call you that because I'm older than you are! ...

And I'd have some big Army guys knocking on my front door.
I doubt anyone here would object to you calling me that, hell, most of them would agree with you.

You said "shoot"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
In reference to your saying you "feel like you've been shot" and "run over by a car." I have a friend who says she feels like she's been hit by a semi. She was crossing a busy highway and was hit by a semi-truck, suffering a head injury. After months in a coma and gazillions of prayers, she is now totally healthy, married and has small children. Talk about God's answer to a seeming impossible situation!

Remind me never to say I feel like I got run over by a semi! Damn, that is a miracle. I drove one of those things for about a year a long time ago and I know what they can do. Your friend is here for a reason as much as I am.

Itís funny, when I started posting in this thread I never thought in terms of anything like this, you people witnessing something good coming from all of whatís happening to me, and me starting to get better with all of you helping, or even the people that have said Iíve inspired them to overcome something thatís happened in their life. Just today someone made a similar comment to that in an unrelated thread. If thatís another part of why God kept me around, to somehow help people Iíve never met on a message board, then I think thatís great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
This says it all LW. you keep workin and we'll keep praying for you and skidoo. Have a good weekend, stay safe.
Thank you Tenngunner, those prayers are appreciated and seem to be heard by the man upstairs. I hope you have a great weekend yourself.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-07-2010, 10:06   #4672
gyfgyf

Hi LW,

I have just browsed through some earlier postings. Reading the posts, I am certain, that you are getting better every day. Your "spunk" is returning.

I hope that your remarkable recovery continues every day.

My friend (the owner of the Italian restaurant) just returned from a fishing trip from Alaska. He goes up there to personally catch the fish for his restaurant. He asked me that, when are you coming to eat at his restaurant?

Thanks,
Gyfgyf

Ps. I just sent of my second Get Well card to Skidoo. I hope he will post soon at GT.
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:41   #4673
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,

I have just browsed through some earlier postings. Reading the posts, I am certain, that you are getting better every day. Your "spunk" is returning.

My friend (the owner of the Italian restaurant) just returned from a fishing trip from Alaska. He goes up there to personally catch the fish for his restaurant. He asked me that, when are you coming to eat at his restaurant?

Thanks,
Gyfgyf

Ps. I just sent of my second Get Well card to Skidoo. I hope he will post soon at GT.
Gyfgyf you seem to have her figured out. We can judge her progress by the amount of fire she shows I think. She still has a very long ways to go but is improving. Wolfe when are you planning to go try that restaurant? It sounds excellent.

Quote:
Hiya something-grass. Just kidding, glad to see you back. Yes, Bob is the nice one most of the time. Except when he pokes me with that 8000 mile long stick, that is.

No, I havenít started part 4 yet. Suppose I better before Bob makes another of those sticks and you start poking me too. The sleepís still less than I need, but better than before. I explained in more detail about staying here in my long post last night, but the nutshell is that Iíll stay here as long as this particular job is here and my employer will have me. Hopefully thatíll be for at least a few more months.

Remind me never to say I feel like I got run over by a semi! Damn, that is a miracle. I drove one of those things for about a year a long time ago and I know what they can do. Your friend is here for a reason as much as I am.

Itís funny, when I started posting in this thread I never thought in terms of anything like this, you people witnessing something good coming from all of whatís happening to me, and me starting to get better with all of you helping, or even the people that have said Iíve inspired them to overcome something thatís happened in their life. Just today someone made a similar comment to that in an unrelated thread. If thatís another part of why God kept me around, to somehow help people Iíve never met on a message board, then I think thatís great.
Wolfe I can just imagine what you would come up with for my user name. If you were that foolish.

There will be several us us poking you if you don't start soon in that writing assignment. BobInTx will have a full time job making enough stinks for all of us. I understand your reasons for wanting to stay over there but you know you really need to come home and rest if you are ever going to heal. You chest can't take the constant pounding even of everyday things you do and still recover. Would your employer consider letting you come home for a year or so and then letting you return?

Watching you recover from what seemed to be insurmountable odds does us good to watch in many ways. From knowing how stacked those odds were against you even surviving to seeing you overcome drug reactions and mental illness and the effects of that gives us hope that we can overcome things that happen in out own lives. I doubt you can imagine how many times people say that if she can go through what she has and stay in the fight then I will not let my problems defeat me either. So you keep fighting and keep talking to us. We gain from it although it's in a different way than you do. This is just a small part of why you were kept on this earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 13:45   #4674
sawgrass

Wolfe you're pretty quiet, what's up?
How's the chest? How's the ditch pickle?
Any updates?
Old 08-07-2010, 16:12   #4675
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,

Thanks,
Gyfgyf

I think you're right, although I'm feeling a little down today. I think a lot of that is just that my chest is giving more hell than normal. Don't know what I did to aggravate it, but I don't always...

I'm really looking forward to sampling your friend's restaurant and the fresh fish. That sounds sooooo good, especially after eating in the DFAC day in and day out. Thank you for the kind thoughts and for sending cards to Skidoo. I hope he can get in here soon, too.

Quote:
Wolfe I can just imagine what you would come up with for my user name. If you were that foolish.

There will be several us us poking you if you don't start soon in that writing assignment. BobInTx will have a full time job making enough stinks for all of us. I understand your reasons for wanting to stay over there but you know you really need to come home and rest if you are ever going to heal. You chest can't take the constant pounding even of everyday things you do and still recover. Would your employer consider letting you come home for a year or so and then letting you return?

Watching you recover from what seemed to be insurmountable odds does us good to watch in many ways. From knowing how stacked those odds were against you even surviving to seeing you overcome drug reactions and mental illness and the effects of that gives us hope that we can overcome things that happen in out own lives. I doubt you can imagine how many times people say that if she can go through what she has and stay in the fight then I will not let my problems defeat me either. So you keep fighting and keep talking to us. We gain from it although it's in a different way than you do. This is just a small part of why you were kept on this earth.
Silent_Runner, I havenít even tried to think of a good variant of your name yet. But now that you suggested itÖ..

Iíll start back on that writing assignment, so put those damn sticks down before one of you pokes me in the chest. That would freakiní hurt! Going home for a while and coming back isnít an option. I can only stay here as long as this one job that doesnít require any travel or lifting exists. After than I get sent home because I canít do the things the other jobs require. I can barely do this one, but have been really lucky so far. It also makes no sense to leave any sooner than I have to because of the medical care I get here. You know I wonít get that from the VA.

Iíve heard that comment several times, even over here. Iíve even heard it said sometimes by people not who didnít realize I was nearby, or in one case by someone who knew of me, but had never seen me. That was funny because he was talking about me, to me, and had no idea until I stuck my hand out and introduced myself. ďHi, Iím ĎCatí. Wish I could have gotten a picÖ..

Quote:
Wolfe you're pretty quiet, what's up?
How's the chest? How's the ditch pickle?
Any updates?
I'm just feeling a bit down today, and my chest is raising hell with me for some reason. Yeah, I know the reason it hurts, so you don't have to remind me of that. haha It's just flared up for a couple days now. I don't remember what a ditch pickle is. I posted an update about Skidoo over in my thread, he's slowly getting bettter and appreciates all of your prayers and good vibes.

One thing I hear quite a bit is Youíre going through hell and I donít know how you do it. Well, truthfully sometimes I donít either. But thatís not what I talked about to my shrink today. Well, not exactly.

To me a good day is when I wake up this side of a tombstone (I didnít think that for a long time), and can get out of bed without too much pain, and actually got some sleep. A couple years ago I would have thought even the Ďnormalí level of pain I have and the short sleep even on a better night would make for a really bad day. I also hope that a couple of years from now Iíll think what I consider a good say now is actually a real bad day then. That would mean my good days are a lot better than they are now.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-07-2010, 21:25   #4676
engineer151515

<<< be more than happy to give you foot rubs in the morning.

If it makes for a nicer day.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 21:47   #4677
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:01   #4678
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

<<< would be more than happy to get those foot rubs.

Just hearing from you makes for a nicer day.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-08-2010, 11:04   #4679
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

Can I be next in line if Wolfe gets tired of the foot rubs?

Quote:
Silent_Runner, I havenít even tried to think of a good variant of your name yet. But now that you suggested itÖ..

Iíll start back on that writing assignment, so put those damn sticks down before one of you pokes me in the chest. That would freakiní hurt! Going home for a while and coming back isnít an option. I can only stay here as long as this one job that doesnít require any travel or lifting exists. After than I get sent home because I canít do the things the other jobs require. I can barely do this one, but have been really lucky so far. It also makes no sense to leave any sooner than I have to because of the medical care I get here. You know I wonít get that from the VA.

Iíve heard that comment several times, even over here. Iíve even heard it said sometimes by people not who didnít realize I was nearby, or in one case by someone who knew of me, but had never seen me. That was funny because he was talking about me, to me, and had no idea until I stuck my hand out and introduced myself. ďHi, Iím ĎCatí. Wish I could have gotten a picÖ..

I'm just feeling a bit down today, and my chest is raising hell with me for some reason. Yeah, I know the reason it hurts, so you don't have to remind me of that. haha It's just flared up for a couple days now. I don't remember what a ditch pickle is. I posted an update about Skidoo over in my thread, he's slowly getting bettter and appreciates all of your prayers and good vibes.

One thing I hear quite a bit is Youíre going through hell and I donít know how you do it. Well, truthfully sometimes I donít either. But thatís not what I talked about to my shrink today. Well, not exactly.

To me a good day is when I wake up this side of a tombstone (I didnít think that for a long time), and can get out of bed without too much pain, and actually got some sleep. A couple years ago I would have thought even the Ďnormalí level of pain I have and the short sleep even on a better night would make for a really bad day. I also hope that a couple of years from now Iíll think what I consider a good say now is actually a real bad day then. That would mean my good days are a lot better than they are now.
I did not suggest any such thing.

Are you writing yet? I have not seen a word yet. Do you plan to post what you wrote again? I see what you are saying about coming home then going back. I had hoped you might recover enough to work a normal job someday but agree that you are not likely to. I just know that even the activity that you have to do over there is hindering your healing. I would like to have been a fly on the wall when you introduced yourself to someone who was talking about you as if they knew you.

I'm sorry that your chest still hurts you so bad. There will come a time when the pain eases but I know it can't come fast enough for you. It's good to know you are finally glad to have survived. You keep feeling that way as you get better and in time you will be glad for even more reasons that just because you were able to save the life of someone you care about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 15:50   #4680
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart:smootchie :
Hey okie, give me a

Quote:
Can I be next in line if Wolfe gets tired of the foot rubs?

I did not suggest any such thing.

Are you writing yet? I have not seen a word yet. Do you plan to post what you wrote again? I see what you are saying about coming home then going back. I had hoped you might recover enough to work a normal job someday but agree that you are not likely to. I just know that even the activity that you have to do over there is hindering your healing. I would like to have been a fly on the wall when you introduced yourself to someone who was talking about you as if they knew you.

I'm sorry that your chest still hurts you so bad. There will come a time when the pain eases but I know it can't come fast enough for you. It's good to know you are finally glad to have survived. You keep feeling that way as you get better and in time you will be glad for even more reasons that just because you were able to save the life of someone you care about.
Wait in line for me to get tired of foot rubs? You must have a lot of patientsÖ.. errrr, I mean patience. Because youíll be waiting there a lonnnnnng time!

I canít think of a good change of your name, maybe Bob can think of a good oneÖ..

I was going to start this evening but didnít end up even opening the PM from Bob. Skidoo finally got back online, so I was preoccupied with that. Iíll most likely post it here, but want to look at it again before I say for sure.

Even if I do get to the point I could handle most jobs I doubt many employers would take a chance on me, especially bringing me back here. Iíve been saying all along that I hope I can work a normal job eventually, because I still hate the idea of sitting around collecting VA. The thought of just being able to rest does sound so good, though. My chest could quit hurt any day now, and Iíd be glad of it. Doesnít seem to be happening though, dagnabbit! How many reasons do I need to be glad I survived? Isnít the one I have enough? I think it is.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!