Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-29-2010, 16:17   #4601
BobInTX

Any of us would be the same way. It's not just you. Just thought I would tell you that.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:22   #4602
engineer151515

Hug bump.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:41   #4603
BobInTX

Wolfe, did you read the Psalm/prayer that I posted? I liked the part about "For great is Your mercy toward me,
And You have delivered my soul from the depths of [the grave]" and "a mob of violent men have sought my life,
And have not set You before them."
Old 07-30-2010, 08:57   #4604
engineer151515

I understand when a lady doesn't feel like talking.
Lord knows, I understand that feeling.
Sometimes just being in the same house helps. Having your quiet time but knowing help is not far.
Don't feel you always have to smile. Don't feel you always have to sparkle.

The crew here may not be in the same house with you.
But we are also not far.
Words on the message board are our way of reaching you.
Let these words sing past your ears like a cool summer breeze.
Let them reassure you that your friends, your GT family is near by.

Sometimes, that is enough.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:42   #4605
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Any of us would be the same way. It's not just you. Just thought I would tell you that.
Wolfe he is right. Stop being so hard on yourself.

Quote:
Wolfe, did you read the Psalm/prayer that I posted? I liked the part about "For great is Your mercy toward me,
And You have delivered my soul from the depths of [the grave]" and "a mob of violent men have sought my life,
This is so fitting. Thank you for posting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Yeah, I'm keeping some drug suppliers real happy. I'm just damn glad I don't pay for my meds. There's no way I could.

Other than that I really don't feel like talking much at all, I was just starting to think I could feel something again and now I'm just wound up and very upset. Guess I'd better get to the hospital anyway.
Wolfe think about it. You did pay for your meds and all the care you ever get. You almost paid for it with your life. Do you think the price you have paid is not substantial?

With all the added stress of worrying about 23skidoo and his family it must be hard for you to take care of yourself like you need to. Please do your best and give yourself a chance to get the rest you need. Since your doctor has figured out how to make you sleep you should be taking full advantage of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:48   #4606
BobInTX

Yeah, I was going to add that you earned it and you deserve it. Taking care of the troops is one expense we taxpayers don't mind. At least the sane ones.

Today my pole has hugs on it. --------------------
Old 07-30-2010, 12:36   #4607
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Hug bump.
Thanks, I could use them today. back

Quote:
Yeah, I was going to add that you earned it and you deserve it. Taking care of the troops is one expense we taxpayers don't mind. At least the sane ones.

Today my pole has hugs on it. --------------------
Good, I'm taking those hugs off and applying them one at a time as needed. Looks like you sent plenty, thanks.

I know what you mean about having earned it. I've been given that earful before, and can't bring myself to disagree. After all I hate hearing about anyone else getting hurt over here and not getting whatever care they need. What I was referring to in the case was I'm glad I don't have to pay for my meds and docs, etc in cash. I'd be bankrupt many times over. I know I've cost you taxpayers a bundle.

Quote:
Yes, I did, and that part really does fit. I was planning to talk about it some last night, but between the fecal matter hitting the air propulsion device and Skidoo's problems I couldn't even think straight. I'll try again tonight, OK?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 13:06   #4608
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
I'm glad I don't have to pay for my meds and docs, etc in cash. I'd be bankrupt many times over.
Boy that's the truth. I was going in debt big time before I got help. The taxpayers won't mind helping our guys and gals in uniform. You guys are our heroes I'm just a broken bum and I get to feeling guilty about it at times. I really take a lot of medicines.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 13:54   #4609
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 16:11   #4610
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart
Love my sweet okie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Boy that's the truth. I was going in debt big time before I got help. The taxpayers won't mind helping our guys and gals in uniform. You guys are our heroes I'm just a broken bum and I get to feeling guilty about it at times. I really take a lot of medicines.
That doesn't make you a bum. It's not like you never worked and spent your entire life mooching off the system. It sucks when good people can't work anymore, but you're no bum. And you do more good than you give yourself credit for.

Quote:
Just because you weren't with him physically doesn't mean that your actions were any less heroic. By your actions the police and EMT's were able to kick his door in and save him. Of course, they are heroic also, but they do this every day. You noticed something wasn't right, you thought of every possible reason that he was not posting or anwering phone calls and dismissed them, you tried to locate his family from thousands of miles away, and when all of that failed and you rightly feared the worst, you took Sawgrass's suggestion and called the sheriff. You. Because of you 23Skidoo is alive today. You.

You are right that you aren't the only one who deserves credit. The sheriff dept., EMT's, his doctors and nurses, and yes, God and our prayers all played a huge role. We salute them also. But you made that call. I'm not sure the word "hero" is the right word, but this is something that you should definitely be proud of, that you saved the life of your friend. Saving someone's life is just about the most noble thing a human being can do.

And it's not just because you are Lone_Wolfe, either. I would be equally proud of him if Brown Hawk had called to save our friend okie. Give Honor to Whom Honor is Due.

You do need to accept it and feel proud and good about yourself. I have to say when you posted that they had found him alive I was pretty euphoric and so proud of you.

This reminds me of "It's a Wonderful Life". When George Bailey didn't exist he wasn't there to save his brother from drowning. If Greg hadn't saved you LW wouldn't have been here to save 23Skidoo. I won't say that this was why you were saved to live another day, but it's a dang good start. I think the world is a lot better place with you in it, and from what so many have said here, it's a lot better place with 23Skidoo, also. Please just accept that.

I once heard a man say that the meaning of life was to glorify God. That is your purpose. It isn't a specific thing you are supposed to accomplish now. Most of us here haven't nearly met death like you and skidoo have. Does that mean that we don't have a reason that we are supposed to live? Of course not. Through your courage in your daily struggles we have been inspired by you. You are glorifying God and asking for prayers in the process.

So I borrow from the prayer of David from Psalm 86 for you and 23Skidoo, which seems so fitting when said from your point of view:

Bow down Your ear, O LORD, hear me;
For I am poor and needy.
Preserve my life, for I am holy;
You are my God;
Save Your servant who trusts in You!

........... Amen
I think what I was trying to say is that what defines a hero is putting yourself in danger or possible danger to save another life. Like Greg running out under fire to get to me, or an EMT doing CPR on someone on the side of a busy road, or the firefighter that would run into a burning building to get me out. The only risk I took might have been having a stroke myself when I kept trying to get through to the States and couldnít. I can imagine what my blood pressure got up to for a while. Thatís not saying I shouldnít or donít feel good about what I did, because I do. Iím happy with what I did, of course Iíll always wish Iíd done it sooner, and Iím so glad that I did it in time. I know that if Iíd waited until in the morning it would have been too late. In the end I do feel good about what I did.

I know a lot of other people deserve credit, all the way from okie for starting this thread, to the Sheriffís Dept for responding quickly and efficiently. The dispatcher that I talked to was very good, extremely understanding and thorough is asking what they needed to know to find and help him. If I really want to take it back even before okie I guess in a sense the Afghani bastard that shot me gets a bit of credit, because if not for him I donít know that Skidoo and I would have ever started trading PMís and emails on a daily basis. Without that I wouldnít have had the information I needed to make the call or the knowledge that it needed to be made.

We all know that God had a huge role, not only in helping the doctors bring Skidoo through this, but in keeping me alive when I shouldnít be so I could do my part. Iíve never really considered the idea lately that my purpose in life was to glorify God, I think in part that may be because my faith has been so badly shaken. But if me going on to glorify God by doing some good in this world is the reason Iím still alive then it seems like a pretty good reason. Of course I wish things were easier on me and my chest would quit hurting and the psychological issues would get better, but I hope they will in time. Iím not a TV watcher, so Iím not sure if I saw the movie you mention a long time ago or just heard of it before, but it reminds me of another theory that Iíve head of called ĎButterfly Effectí The idea that going back in time and taking out one person or animal can change the course of history by way of chain reaction. I donít think anything I do will have that much effect, but you never know. Skidoo may go on to do something great, or do something that causes someone else to make a difference.

Iíve never read the Bible nearly as much as much as I should, mainly just reading it while at church, so I wasnít familiar with this passage. Wow, some of it does really fit me in this sense. Especially the part you re-quoted. Some good reading. Thank you

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-30-2010, 16:46   #4611
BobInTX

I can't disagree with a single thing you said.

Who are you and what have you done with Lone_Wolfe? Haha!

It's a Wonderful Life synopsis
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038650/synopsis

Last edited by BobInTX; 07-30-2010 at 21:43..
Old 07-30-2010, 16:53   #4612
BobInTX

Good reading. You need to get your mind off the crap for a while anyway.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/It's-a-Wonderful-Life.html.
Old 07-30-2010, 18:49   #4613
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Good reading. You need to get your mind off the crap for a while anyway.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/It's-a-Wonderful-Life.html.
Cool beans. In 1995 I bought the box set that included 8 x 10 pictures from the film, The VHS tape of the movie and another from the making of the movie, a #46 of 1042 of the theater play bill, copy of the movie poster, The It's A Wonderful Life Book that is just full of pics and stories about the movie along with the early and the final scripts and a Christmas movie CD with the opening and closing of the movie on it.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:35   #4614
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I can't disagree with a single thing you said.

Who are you and what have you done with Lone_Wolfe? Haha!

It's a Wonderful Life synopsis
Ummmmmm, would you be pissed if I said I shot her? Oh hell, someone else did that and it didn't get rid of her, so I guess I'll have to come up with something else...

You're not supposed to disagree with me.. Wait a damn minute! Youíre supposed to disagree with the part where I gave some credit to that bastard that shot me and say how you wish that part had never happened. The only thing he's supposed to get credit for is almost killing me, not doing some good! . . . .

I looked and the movie synopsis and I've seen it a long time ago. I had an appointment with my shrink again a little while ago and when I couldn't come up with anything I wanted to talk about he decided to revisit my definition of what makes a hero. He said he and many people agrees with what I (and you) said, but there will always be people who don't.

He went on to ask me if I had any intention of meeting anyone in Skidoo's family. I told him that would probably happen since I was going to visit him for a few days when I get leave. He went on to say that they would see it a lot differently because it was someone they love very much, and was I ready for some of them to act like that around me, could I handle it if they put me on a pedestal and called me a hero. I told him they could call me whatever they want as long as they don't call me late for dinner. OK, then I told him the truth, I have mixed feelings about it. It'll be nice to see they appreciation shown because I've always believed the words 'Thank You' are 2 of the biggest words in our language, almost up there with 'I'm Sorry'. And because I know they care about their brother, uncle, friend, etc. I also said I wouldn't try to stop them from saying what they wanted because they have as much right to express their feelings as anyone, even if I disagreed with them. As long as they don't squeeze when they hug me......

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-31-2010, 09:10   #4615
BobInTX

Repeat after me: "You're welcome. I'm just glad we got to him in time."

I think you are dealing with this very well. I think of stories I've heard where a mom or dad goes into a diabetic coma and their young child calls 911. They didn't actually do anything physically, but they got things started. I think I would be feeling the same way you do. I'm sure glad you did it.

But I'm not happy that guy shot you.

Last edited by BobInTX; 07-31-2010 at 09:11..
Old 07-31-2010, 16:07   #4616
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

I think you are dealing with this very well. I think of stories I've heard where a mom or dad goes into a diabetic coma and their young child calls 911. They didn't actually do anything physically, but they got things started. I think I would be feeling the same way you do. I'm sure glad you did it.

'You're welcome, I'm just glad we got to him in time. Now dammit, no squeezing!'

Good? I talked to Skidoo in the phone again earlier, and although he was hard to understand we stayed on the phone for almost a half hour. He brought this topic up and thanked me and said "I owe you my life". I told me the only thing he oewd me or anyone was to get better and to take care of himself so this wouldn't happen again. I mean it, too. I don't want him or anyone to feel obligated to do anything they wouldn't have done 2 weeks or 2 years ago.

I don't think too many of us are happy that guy shot me, least of all me.

Quote:
<<< Knight watch.

Fighting nightmares and wounded hearts since 2009.
<<< Hasn't been very successful but will not give up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You are underestimating youself. Wolfe has referred to you as a knight in shining armor more than once. Sometimes just helping a person hold what little ground they have gained is very difficult but very beneficial.
Engineer I was thinking something like this when I read your post, but she said it better than I could. I think there have been times when I was losing ground slower or not at all because of you and others here. I'm glad you won't give up, because you're winning the battle. I can feel it.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-31-2010, 18:40   #4617
BobInTX

Quote:
Hey, all. I've made some good friends on this thread, so I feel like I can ask for your help for this good cause of curing breast cancer.

Please read post number 10 http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...8#post15600438

Our friend Lone_Wolfe has already done her part. I'm serious about the match.
Quote:
C'mon, guys! Make me pay! I already have $190 to match, that I know of. Make me pay and let's get her over the goal!

If you want to donate by check you can print out a form linked at the bottom of my daughter's home page.

Thanks,
Bob
Bump

Guys, only two days left in my challenge match. I will match any contributions made by GT'ers through midnight August 2. Just put GT beside your name on the honor roll. If you pay by check using the firm please let me know by PM.

Any contribution would be appreciated no matter how small. Let's put her over the top! Make me pay.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:36   #4618
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Bump

Guys, only two days left in my challenge match. I will match any contributions made by GT'ers through midnight August 2. Just put GT beside your name on the honor roll. If you pay by check using the firm please let me know by PM.

Any contribution would be appreciated no matter how small. Let's put her over the top! Make me pay.
Good idea, make Bob pay!

Quote:

I was just thinking back about this and I even remember reading one time where some guy's dog called 911. I think it was a trained aid dog, not just a pet, but that's pretty cool to have your dog save your life. I sure hope that dog got a T-bone with the meat still attached. I remember growing up I wouldn't have had a clue how to call for help in a situation like that. I think it's a good idea to teach kids how to call.

And I'm still glad I made that call. Skidoo is doing OK this morning according to his nurse. He was sleeping, so I didn't ask them to wake him. I'm hoping someone can get his laptop working soon so he can get back online. He's got to be bored silly laying in that bed all day. Besides, we miss him.

Quote:
I understand when a lady doesn't feel like talking.
Lord knows, I understand that feeling.
Sometimes just being in the same house helps. Having your quiet time but knowing help is not far.
Don't feel you always have to smile. Don't feel you always have to sparkle.

The crew here may not be in the same house with you.
But we are also not far.
Words on the message board are our way of reaching you.
Let these words sing past your ears like a cool summer breeze.
Let them reassure you that your friends, your GT family is near by.

Sometimes, that is enough.
Sometimes itís not that I donít want to talk, I just canít bring myself to. Other times Iím afraid of facing the crap in my head, so if I talk in here at all itís about other things or about nothing at all. Thereís other times when itís about to overwhelm me, so I get quiet to try to push it back. I know thatís what some of you are trying to get out of me and thatís what my shrink wants too, but it can be damn scary sometimes. Dumping this crap out of my head a little at a time is still scary, but not as much as when it just overloads me.

I used to think I always had to seem happy and nice when I talked online, and outside of here I still try to. Itís nice to have one little area where I can talk about whatís really on my mind. This may just be a message board, but the people I see in here are real and I can see and feel your presence even when youíre not actively in here talking. I know youíll come back later and still be there for me, and I gain from that.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-01-2010, 06:17   #4619
Zonny

Quote:
This may just be a message board, but the people I see in here are real and I can see and feel your presence even when youíre not actively in here talking. I know youíll come back later and still be there for me, and I gain from that.
Morning Ms. Wolfe

Morning in Okinawa:

Okie Memorial Area
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:42   #4620
BobInTX

Quote:
Good idea, make Bob pay!

I was just thinking back about this and I even remember reading one time where some guy's dog called 911. I think it was a trained aid dog, not just a pet, but that's pretty cool to have your dog save your life. I sure hope that dog got a T-bone with the meat still attached. I remember growing up I wouldn't have had a clue how to call for help in a situation like that. I think it's a good idea to teach kids how to call.

And I'm still glad I made that call. Skidoo is doing OK this morning according to his nurse. He was sleeping, so I didn't ask them to wake him. I'm hoping someone can get his laptop working soon so he can get back online. He's got to be bored silly laying in that bed all day. Besides, we miss him.

Sometimes itís not that I donít want to talk, I just canít bring myself to. Other times Iím afraid of facing the crap in my head, so if I talk in here at all itís about other things or about nothing at all. Thereís other times when itís about to overwhelm me, so I get quiet to try to push it back. I know thatís what some of you are trying to get out of me and thatís what my shrink wants too, but it can be damn scary sometimes. Dumping this crap out of my head a little at a time is still scary, but not as much as when it just overloads me.

I used to think I always had to seem happy and nice when I talked online, and outside of here I still try to. Itís nice to have one little area where I can talk about whatís really on my mind. This may just be a message board, but the people I see in here are real and I can see and feel your presence even when youíre not actively in here talking. I know youíll come back later and still be there for me, and I gain from that.
You got that right.

I haven't pushed you on it with your Fentanyl withdrawal and Skidoo's stroke, buy do you feel like doing some of your writing assignment?

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!