Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-11-2009, 23:09   #441
Bumpadrum
zoom in & FOCUS

That's the spirit Sister. Those a** backwards, goat humping, freedom hating, devil worshiping cave dwellers have no idea who they are messing with when they tread on you, me, and the rest of the real Americans here.

It's unfortunate we do not have the leadership necessary to administer the appropriate response for the atrocities they have visited upon us ... but we will again, soon. The days of the candyass love your enemy and blame America first sissy pleasing fairy dancing drumcircleing patchouly reeking punks are numbered.
The backlash is coming.

I take what they did to you as personally as what they did to our nation on 9/11/01 and I will not forget or forgive. They got one coming.

Praying every day for your recovery. We need you here.

Company - Attention!
Present Arms
Old 09-11-2009, 23:22   #442
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

I deployed last year and got to Afghanistan late last year and was only there for a month before getting shot. After I got out of the hospital I came over here to Iraq where Iíve been since March. With all that Iíve had on my plate trying to recover and get past whatís happened I haven't thought of what happened September 11th very often since I got here. Todayís service kind of put a few things back into perspective. Iíll be thinking about it for a while and may post more later.
Can I ask a silly question?

Who do I have to thump a little to get you back stateside?
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 23:23   #443
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Thank you Brown Hawk. I appreciate those prayers and have come to understand that Iíll need then for a while. The road back is much longer than I hoped it would be, but I feel like Iím finally beginning the journey. Or at least putting my boots on to start.

You and all the others here are my rock right now. And Silent Runner, sheís a RL friend and she told me if I dare come home in a box sheíll revive me just so she can kill me herself.

I havenít forgotten that Blizzard either. Thin Mint, eh? Hmmmmmm, wouldnít have thought of that flavor but it sure does sound good. Iíll bet I enjoyed it! Almost as much as Iíll enjoy the next one!

Hey, its not much, but if you ever need to talk to another soldier, feel free to pm me.

We're all a big family here, and if there's any way I can help, just let me know.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:45   #444
texasglong
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Thank you, love you too.

Show my scars??? Ummmmmm, do you know where the bullet hit me? Or are you TRYING to get me an infraction?

Technically speaking, the bullets go inside the bad guy.
texasglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:56   #445
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Hey, its not much, but if you ever need to talk to another soldier, feel free to pm me.

We're all a big family here, and if there's any way I can help, just let me know.
You say it's not much, but it is. I really appreciate your offer and your thoughts.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:38   #446
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post

I'm not sure who it was that decided I was going to stay over here, but if you find out let me know. The bonehead who chose me didn't bother to read my packet and the Army has all but admitted they screwed up, but don't dare fix it now.

I got a friend who will happily join you in applying the thumping.

Cue Silent_Runner in 3....2.....1......

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-12-2009, 10:44   #447
Buki192327

Quote:
I just came back from a memorial service for the victims on the 9/11 terrorist attacks. With all that Iíve had on my plate trying to recover and get past whatís happened I haven't thought of what happened September 11th very often since I got here. Todayís service kind of put a few things back into perspective. Iíll be thinking about it for a while and may post more later.

One thing I did think about is just how close I came recently to letting those Afghani bastards beat me. I think about what theyíve already done to all of us and I realize I canít give them any more victories that they already have. No matter what happens I canít let them beat me. It doesnít matter whether I want to or not, it just would be wrong for any od us to give in to those bastards.
Quote:
Right now I'm drawing a lot of my strength from you folks here. And today I'm especially angry at those Aghani **** stains. Not just for what they did to me and the others on my convoy, but what they did to out country. Maybe that part will last and maybe it won't.

But I do believe I can continue to get my strength from you people here and that just has to be enough. I have to find a way for it to be enough. I don't expect it to be easy.
Quote:
Thank you Brown Hawk. I appreciate those prayers and have come to understand that Iíll need then for a while. The road back is much longer than I hoped it would be, but I feel like Iím finally beginning the journey. Or at least putting my boots on to start.

You and all the others here are my rock right now. And Silent Runner, sheís a RL friend and she told me if I dare come home in a box sheíll revive me just so she can kill me herself.
LW, you know that you can draw strength from us as long as you need to. I see some real spunk and fire here now. You are starting the journey by putting your boots on. After the boots are on, it is 1 step, 1 second, 1 minute and 1 hour at a time. Those steps, seconds, minutes and hours will start adding up and getting better and better. You can't start the journey, without the first step!!

You are a winner, and the journey is really beginning for you now. You may stumble some along the way, but you will get right back up. You know that you can lean on us, during those times. Lean on us anytime you need to. The prayers, moral support, encouragement and love for you will never stop.

Sweetie, these are for you.

You are gaining strength for the journey. Keep you spirits up and believe in yourself. You can and will win this battle.

Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:54   #448
Buki192327

Quote:

Quote:
I'm not sure who it was that decided I was going to stay over here, but if you find out let me know. The bonehead who chose me didn't bother to read my packet and the Army has all but admitted they screwed up, but don't dare fix it now.

LW, I hate to correct you, but I need to in this situation. You have many friends, who would happily join in, to apply the thumping.

Cue Silent_Runner, Zombie Steve, Buki192327 and others in 3.... 2..... 1....

There won't be anything but a mud hole left when we get done.

Club #46
Old 09-12-2009, 14:04   #449
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
I have more confidence in you now more than ever. You are sounding stronger and I hope that continues. Your going to beat this thing yet, one day at a time. Like they say, hang in there baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
LW, you know that you can draw strength from us as long as you need to. I see some real spunk and fire here now. You are starting the journey by putting your boots on. After the boots are on, it is 1 step, 1 second, 1 minute and 1 hour at a time. Those steps, seconds, minutes and hours will start adding up and getting better and better. You can't start the journey, without the first step!!

You are a winner, and the journey is really beginning for you now. You may stumble some along the way, but you will get right back up. You know that you can lean on us, during those times. Lean on us anytime you need to. The prayers, moral support, encouragement and love for you will never stop.

Sweetie, these are for you.

You are gaining strength for the journey. Keep you spirits up and believe in yourself. You can and will win this battle.

I know Iím drawing a lot of my strength from you folks here, and I probably will be for a while. Last night the nightmares would start before I was even completely asleep, so I ended up getting no sleep at all since yesterday morning. Iím about to go in and get knocked out and it will be so welcome. Last night I sat in here and joked with a couple of you for hours in another thread and it did wonders keeping me busy enough to make the hours go by since I didnít dare try to sleep again.

It feels like I take a step forward, then back. But I wonít stop trying now because I donít want to let all of you down that are praying for me, helping me along the way. I know Iíve found myself wanting to give up again today, but I know I canít let those bastards win. I also told you, my friends, that I wonít. I was thinking about that when I wrote yesterday that I wonít quit no matter what that just telling you that will strengthen my resolve when I get to feeling down because now I told you I wouldnít and Iíll bet you folks intend to hold me to that.

Buki, you point out that Iím just beginning my journey and you are so right. Iíve spent the last several months getting worse instead of better, but Iíd reached the point where the only way to go was up. The alternative sucked. Now the journey seems so long that itís impossible, but Iím going to start anyway. With friends like you I think Iíll make it.

and back at all of you.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-12-2009, 19:46   #450
Buki192327

LW, sweetie, you know that we are here for you, no matter how long the journey is. When a friend needs help, it is time to jump in and help. A step forward, then maybe a step back. Then maybe 2 steps forward, and 1 step back. As long as everything is not moving backward, progress is being made. I know that you will not quit. You want to win this as much, as we want to see you win this battle.

The journey may seem long and impossible, but it is not impossible. We won't let you quit. If you get tired, you lean on us for the rest, encouragement and support that you need.

Get some rest, so we can resume the battle again, when you aren't so tired.

Club #46
Old 09-13-2009, 02:49   #451
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
You can be as hard as a rock, but your willingness to fight and live dictates whether you live or don't, ask my momma....it's your will to fight I was talking about. Though you say you have not felt strong, you've pulled through.

Still a good thing, this only means that you have identified a way out! The first step to solving a problem is identifying it, knowing what it is and where it comes from, so, have at it!

Obviously he, and we, think you are someone special. I see we're going to have a problem with this. However, it does sound like you're doing much, much better now. I'm glad to see that.

She was and is an angel. Still miss her, though. Thanks.

Hold up here, princess, don't confuse anger with evil. Saints do get mad. I've seen your arguments, and I still stand by my original statement. Being a saint does NOT mean being a pushover, those are cowards, and cowards aren't saints...now that I think about it, many people dislike saints due to their own condition, none of your fault. Let them hate, don't you change because of it.

Glad to know we are of some use to you. We all want you to get well and are rooting for you, all the way.

I never really thought of it that way. I know I’ve been hearing all that stuff for months about how I shouldn’t still be here, but I just always think it’s the doctors and medics that should get the credit for that. I never really thought I had much choice in the matter also in the sense that God makes those decisions and one thing I hear over and over is “God must have a plan for you”. I believe that too. I just don’t know what it is.

I think the shrinks are right, I do have to come to accept some facts but for some reason haven’t been able to. I can’t understand why I’m having trouble with that, but so far I’ve gotten nowhere. My head knows, but my heart doesn’t. Same thing with my comrade who died on the mission trying to help me. My head knows I didn’t make him run out there, that I didn’t kill him. But my heart feels such guilt and pain for it. I remind myself that he wouldn’t want me to feel this way, but I can’t turn it off on command. I just keep telling myself I would have done the same thing for him.

I got to love any guy who calls me princess. But I still say I'm no saint. I'm just an average person. I'm just really lucky that people like take time to care about me. Some use to me…. What a way to put it.. lol. But you are helping me, not just by writing your words of wisdom here, but by your prayers and just by being here for me. It really means a lot to me. I only wish I had some way to repay you. Keep rooting for me, willya, I want to get better too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 09-13-2009 at 05:08..
Old 09-13-2009, 07:10   #452
engineer151515

Morning hugs . . .princess.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:20   #453
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Right now I'm drawing a lot of my strength from you folks here. And today I'm especially angry at those Aghani **** stains. Not just for what they did to me and the others on my convoy, but what they did to out country. Maybe that part will last and maybe it won't.

But I do believe I can continue to get my strength from you people here and that just has to be enough. I have to find a way for it to be enough. I don't expect it to be easy.
Quote:

I havenít forgotten that Blizzard either. Thin Mint, eh? Hmmmmmm, wouldnít have thought of that flavor but it sure does sound good. Iíll bet I enjoyed it! Almost as much as Iíll enjoy the next one!

You are darn right I will! Now
YOU STOP EVEN THINKING ABOUT THAT!

You lean on us as much as you need to and you start that journey. I know these people are doing an awful lot for you right now and you owe it to them to do your best and get better. No matter how long it takes.

And you will love Thin Mint Blizzards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:30   #454
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
LW, I hate to correct you, but I need to in this situation. You have many friends, who would happily join in, to apply the thumping.

Cue Silent_Runner, Zombie Steve, Buki192327 and others in 3.... 2..... 1....

There won't be anything but a mud hole left when we get done.

This is something I have wanted to do ever since I found out just how seriously she was injured and the military insisted upon keeping her in a war zone. You people don't know how much I wish I could.

All of you gentlemen are more than welcome to join me. Ladies too. I only ask that I be allowed the first stomp. After that it can be a Free-for-all.

What are we waiting for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:14   #455
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Morning hugs . . .princess.

Evening hugs, my prince.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-13-2009, 12:42   #456
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Heya LW. Are you trying to make me jealous? Hope your having a good evening.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 14:31   #457
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Okie, you Sweetie! I wish you could apply those kisses in person. But the location might make you pause.... Here's a kiss back.

Guys, thanks so much for the prayers. They are needed and appreciated more than you know.

Wolfe
Prayers every day Wolfe.

Thank you for your service.

DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 18:11   #458
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
LW, sweetie, you know that we are here for you, no matter how long the journey is. When a friend needs help, it is time to jump in and help. A step forward, then maybe a step back. Then maybe 2 steps forward, and 1 step back. As long as everything is not moving backward, progress is being made. I know that you will not quit. You want to win this as much, as we want to see you win this battle.

The journey may seem long and impossible, but it is not impossible. We won't let you quit. If you get tired, you lean on us for the rest, encouragement and support that you need.

Get some rest, so we can resume the battle again, when you aren't so tired.

Buki, I wish I could give you a hug right now. And get one back too I need it right now. For several months I really was going backward, getting worse. But in the last few weeks I think I’m finally starting to progress, albeit slowly. I have no doubt you people have a lot to do with that. Right now I want to win this battle as much for all of you as for myself. I also wish I had some stronger pain meds right now but I’ll deal with it. I may not get any sleep tonight (It’s already 3AM) but I slept last night and will tomorrow night, thanks to the doc.

Quote:
We won't let you quit. If you get tired, you lean on us for the rest, encouragement and support that you need.
Wow. Kinder words could not be spoken. Got to wipe the tears from my eyes…. Again

back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You are darn right I will! Now
YOU STOP EVEN THINKING ABOUT THAT!

You lean on us as much as you need to and you start that journey. I know these people are doing an awful lot for you right now and you owe it to them to do your best and get better. No matter how long it takes.

And you will love Thin Mint Blizzards.

You’re right they are doing far more for me than I deserve and I do owe them a debt of gratitude. A few posts back I said that I wouldn’t give up and because of that I won’t, no matter how I feel on nights like this. Too many people doing too much for me to throw their efforts away like that.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 09-13-2009 at 18:13..
Old 09-13-2009, 19:56   #459
Buki192327

Sweetie, this is the best I can do right now. My arms aren't quite long enough to reach Iraq. Sure wish they could reach that far.

You get some rest. Hopefully we can exchange the real hugs, before too long. Maybe we had better call Guiness Book of World Records. When I get to give you that hug in person, it might last long enough to get listed in the book.

Prayers and good thoughts to you. I know you will win this battle.

Club #46
Old 09-14-2009, 02:01   #460
okie
GT Mayor

LW honey I'm glad to hear your going forward sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!