Originally Posted by Slobberchops View Post
LW....more prayers sent your way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hi Sweetie,........

Hugs headed your way!
Thanks for the hugs and prayers guys!

back

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:56   #422
okie
GT Mayor

Here's more kisses for ya LW sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:06   #423
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Here's more kisses for ya LW sweetheart

Thank you okie.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 02:13   #424
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thank you okie.
Your very welcome honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:45   #425
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I've been wondering after seeing how you're enjoying Mandy and after sharing your story of loaning her to the injured soldier you visited, if there is a need for 'cuddle buddies' in the military hospitals. So many people want to help and send the usual, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, socks etc. It is my understanding that there are boxes upon boxes of this kind of stuff not even touched at some of the FOBs.

I wonder if maybe thinking out of the box, would make a few soldiers happy.
Do you think even the male soldiers would enjoy a fuzzy 'cuddle buddy'?

Is it possible to send boxes to hospitals without using a specific soldier's name?
Zonny, thatís a really nice idea and I think you may be on to something. But you may not want to have them sent here, but instead to places like Walter Reed, Rammstein, Trippler. The reason I say that is injured soldiers donít stay here. They get medevaced back as soon as possible most of the time. Iím an exception because the Army had the bright idea to try rehabbing a few ďKeyboard RangerĒ types in the field. Iíve been told they only tried a few gave up on the idea and guess who is a big part of it being declared a failure.

So the people that have to spend any length of time in the hospital will be out of here. I donít know if the stateside hospitals have stuffed critters available. Maybe deadday will fill in that block.

Yes, I think both men and women will enjoy them and it is possible to address a box to ďAny SoldierĒ. Just make sure the contents of the box are clearly marked so it isnít given to someone who would rather have that box of pogey bait.

I will say that having my kitty to cuddle especially when I wake crying from a nightmare or just get really down does seem to help. It's hard to explain why, but deadday was right.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 08:58   #426
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I will say that having my kitty to cuddle especially when I wake crying from a nightmare or just get really down does seem to help. It's hard to explain why, but deadday was right.
Whatever works, LW. I hope you get to come home soon, and will keep praying for you and your full recovery.

Meanwhile you've got Mandy and the Caterday thread. I'm a dog man myself, but I still enjoy the thread.

You've also got Silient Runner, B., Zonnie and the rest of us here.

Hawk

PS I haven't forgotten the Blizzard I owe you. Your last one was Girl Scout Thin Mint, and you enjoyed it very much (in absentia, of course!)
Old 09-11-2009, 10:07   #427
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

September 11, 2001

I just came back from a memorial service for the victims on the 9/11 terrorist attacks. This is my first September 11th spent overseas and I had a lot going through my mind as I sat and watch the picture slideshows, listened to the chaplains and the speakers. Iím still sitting here with tears in my eyes over the lives and sense of innocence we lost that day. Iíll never forget standing there with a group of my co-workers watching the towers burn on TV. I turned to a man Iíd seen but never spoken to and said ďThis changes everythingĒ. He thought about that and said ďIt scares me to think youíre rightĒ. I never forgot or forgave what was done to us that day and that is the main reason I decided to re-enlist in í06, 20 years after completing a single enlistment.

I deployed last year and got to Afghanistan late last year and was only there for a month before getting shot. After I got out of the hospital I came over here to Iraq where Iíve been since March. With all that Iíve had on my plate trying to recover and get past whatís happened I haven't thought of what happened September 11th very often since I got here. Todayís service kind of put a few things back into perspective. Iíll be thinking about it for a while and may post more later.

One thing I did think about is just how close I came recently to letting those Afghani bastards beat me. I think about what theyíve already done to all of us and I realize I canít give them any more victories that they already have. No matter what happens I canít let them beat me. It doesnít matter whether I want to or not, it just would be wrong for any od us to give in to those bastards.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 10:24   #428
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

"I am here to fight evil and exchange good-natured barbs" -The Tick
Slobberchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:57   #429
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

I have more confidence in you now more than ever. You are sounding stronger and I hope that continues. Your going to beat this thing yet, one day at a time. Like they say, hang in there baby!
Okie Memorial Area
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:15   #430
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

That's the spirit!

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20   #431
Zonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
I have more confidence in you now more than ever. You are sounding stronger and I hope that continues. Your going to beat this thing yet, one day at a time. Like they say, hang in there baby!
Okie Memorial Area
If that's not inspirational, I'm not sure what is.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:37   #432
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post

Right now I'm drawing a lot of my strength from you folks here. And today I'm especially angry at those Aghani **** stains. Not just for what they did to me and the others on my convoy, but what they did to out country. Maybe that part will last and maybe it won't.

But I do believe I can continue to get my strength from you people here and that just has to be enough. I have to find a way for it to be enough. I don't expect it to be easy.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 12:40   #433
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobberchops View Post

back

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 14:11   #434
texasglong
NRA Life Member

Love you, Love your spirit. (show us your scars)

Technically speaking, the bullets go inside the bad guy.
texasglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 18:12   #435
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasglong View Post
Love you, Love your spirit. (show us your scars)
Thank you, love you too.

Show my scars??? Ummmmmm, do you know where the bullet hit me? Or are you TRYING to get me an infraction?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 20:42   #436
lawandorder

Reading this thread about Lone_Wolfe and all of the supporting posts has made me feel less worried about this country. There are so many good folks who care about our country we can get thru anything, even this rough patch we are in.

Best wishes for a complete & speedy recovery and safe times ahead L_W! Thank you for serving.

Last edited by lawandorder; 09-12-2009 at 21:48..
lawandorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 21:22   #437
PIDDLER

LW, it's 9-11-09. What better day to send more prayers,best of wishes, and a snappy salute to you and all others who serve?!
PIDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 21:28   #438
engineer151515

Today's hugs.

Old 09-11-2009, 22:06   #439
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Today's hugs.

back!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 23:01   #440
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Whatever works, LW. I hope you get to come home soon, and will keep praying for you and your full recovery.

Meanwhile you've got Mandy and the Caterday thread. I'm a dog man myself, but I still enjoy the thread.

You've also got Silient Runner, B., Zonnie and the rest of us here.

Hawk

PS I haven't forgotten the Blizzard I owe you. Your last one was Girl Scout Thin Mint, and you enjoyed it very much (in absentia, of course!)
Thank you Brown Hawk. I appreciate those prayers and have come to understand that Iíll need then for a while. The road back is much longer than I hoped it would be, but I feel like Iím finally beginning the journey. Or at least putting my boots on to start.

You and all the others here are my rock right now. And Silent Runner, sheís a RL friend and she told me if I dare come home in a box sheíll revive me just so she can kill me herself.

I havenít forgotten that Blizzard either. Thin Mint, eh? Hmmmmmm, wouldnít have thought of that flavor but it sure does sound good. Iíll bet I enjoyed it! Almost as much as Iíll enjoy the next one!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!