SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-18-2009, 13:29   #526
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
My friend it's 7AM and I got maybe 20 minutes sleep tonight and you're not going to give me a hug or good thoughts?

Right now I could use them, along with those prayers. These nights can be tough. Maybe God's taking a break. I'll get through it though, I told you I wouldn't give up. I remind myself of that a lot in times like right now. And I remind myself that I'm getting better, although slowly.

good thoughts and prayers, sweetie.

I know that you are trying hard and will not give up. You can do it!! You will whip this demon.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

You are still in my thoughts and prayers, and will remain there.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 13:36   #527
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I am most sorry. I do wish there was a way to take the pain away, Princess. .

On the lighter side, here's wishing you hugs, toe rubs and warm sternum's for all the years ahead.

I wish it would go away too, but thatís not to be, at least not soon.Ö I can deal with it if I understand whatís causing it. This last bout was a bit unnerving because the pain got real bad and neither myself nor my doctor understood the cause until the approaching cool(er) front actually got here. We were both afraid something else had gone wrong and he couldnít find what.

Now enough hugs from you guys and the sternum and surrounding area will stay warm...................

back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Good morning, princess! Just dropping by to wish you a very happy and victorious day.

I'll tell you a little about my day...

Some days arenít bad, especially after Iíve had a nightís sleep. Then other days can be painful. Right now Iím talking about mentally painful. Iíll tell you, between the nightmares and lack of sleep and the guilt eating me up pretty bad today I thought I was having a really rough day. But then I looked at this post and thought of it this wayÖ Iím victorious because Iíve gotten through another day without giving up in spite of really wanting to. Itís been one of those 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour days, but Iíve won the battle for today and itís almost time to go to the hospital for some good sleep.

Happiness is relative, at least in this case. I was feeling down today until I thought of some things I have to be happy for. I came back here today and reread some of the posts offering me advice and encouragement and it made me feel better than I did. I have them here to read anytime I need them. I have a little stuffed kitty that I hugged many times last night because someone Iíve never met cares enough to send her to me. I have a crew of GTíers who care enough to want to come over and stomp a mudhole in my ass if I donít stop thinking that I want to give up. I have people Iíve never met praying for me daily, and that means a lot to me. So maybe Iím not yet ďhappyĒ in the way that I once was, the way that most people are, but I have things to be happy about. And I have the hope that someday Iíll be able to be free of the nightmares and emotional pain that drags me down.

back to you too.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 14:09   #528
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
I'll tell you a little about my day...

Some days arenít bad, especially after Iíve had a nightís sleep. Then other days can be painful. Right now Iím talking about mentally painful. Iíll tell you, between the nightmares and lack of sleep and the guilt eating me up pretty bad today I thought I was having a really rough day. But then I looked at this post and thought of it this wayÖ Iím victorious because Iíve gotten through another day without giving up in spite of really wanting to. Itís been one of those 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour days, but Iíve won the battle for today and itís almost time to go to the hospital for some good sleep.

Happiness is relative, at least in this case. I was feeling down today until I thought of some things I have to be happy for. I came back here today and reread some of the posts offering me advice and encouragement and it made me feel better than I did. I have them here to read anytime I need them. I have a little stuffed kitty that I hugged many times last night because someone Iíve never met cares enough to send her to me. I have a crew of GTíers who care enough to want to come over and stomp a mudhole in my ass if I donít stop thinking that I want to give up. I have people Iíve never met praying for me daily, and that means a lot to me. So maybe Iím not yet ďhappyĒ in the way that I once was, the way that most people are, but I have things to be happy about. And I have the hope that someday Iíll be able to be free of the nightmares and emotional pain that drags me down.

back to you too.
Wow, whenever we think we have had a hard day and have done good handling it, you come along to prove us very wrong! You're right, many people care for you. I would never have imagined that such a phenomena could happen unless I had seen it for myself. There are lots of people wishing they could do more to make your journey easier. Believe me, that day will come, the day you'll be free of all this. You can do it. You've been very blessed and strong in how you've been overcoming this ordeal. The best thing is that you've made friends for life, friends are something hard to come by nowadays, and you have many. Many. You're walking away from this with more than you walked into it with.
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 14:11   #529
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

LW,

Been through the minute by minute stuff, and it sucks. It does end. It takes a few thousand years, or seems like it at the time. But it ends.

Friends, family, encouragement will all help. And it may not seem like it to you now, but you are getting past it. Despite the bad days and nights, you're never all the way back to where you started. We can tell that from your posts.

Hugs, kisses, and prayers.

Hawk
Old 09-18-2009, 19:03   #530
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
..... I have the hope that someday Iíll be able to be free of the nightmares and emotional pain that drags me down.
I for one, and I am sure I speak for many here, would be more than willing to
carry a piece of your burden.

One minute,.....
One day,.....
One week,....
One month,........... it gets better Sweetie. I promise
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:28   #531
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfguard View Post
Good luck LW. I did my time and know it can be rough but the rest of us are pulling for you.
Thank you sfguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpadrum View Post
Quote:
My friend it's 7AM and I got maybe 20 minutes sleep tonight and you're not going to give me a hug or good thoughts?

Right now I could use them, along with those prayers. These nights can be tough. Maybe God's taking a break. I'll get through it though, I told you I wouldn't give up. I remind myself of that a lot in times like right now. And I remind myself that I'm getting better, although slowly.

Dear Loney
After talking it over with experts
I believe you should get all the:hugs : and :kiss : you need and deserve
I also got you a kitty
Ahhhhhhh, that helped. All the hugs, kisses AND PRAYERS are making a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasglong View Post
Wolfie,
Heres hoping you have a good nights sleep.

Just some tips in the food you eat.
Pineapple is a natural pain killer.
Blackberry wine will help you sleep(watch this one and medication though)
Love ya.
Tex
Yep, my doc made sure I had a good nights sleep last night. Makes me wish he could do that every night.
I eat pineapple whenever the DFAC has some. Luckily I like the stuff.. As for the wine, great idea. Too bad we're not supposed to have any alcohol over here....

Love ya too.

Magnus, last nights kitty is sooooo cute!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-19-2009, 04:49   #532
engineer151515

checking in

Old 09-19-2009, 09:06   #533
clearGLOCK
average joe

i am in debt to you forever. you are a true american hero, you have done an awsome job deffending our freedom, and apparentlly so has you armor, thank god, get well soon, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and all the heros that serve this great nation, get better soon, and come home soldier

heres to you
clearGLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:50   #534
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

I said ďI feel like someone shot me!Ē
You still think that crap is funny?

Quote:
Why do YOU always get the first stomp? And why don't I get to join the fun? No fair!
Quote:
Hey sternum, heart, lungs, ribs.... whatever, I screwed them all up.

And THAT is exactly why you don't get to join the stomp party! I mean last time you faced them it did not end well for you!

Quote:
I don't think you understand that you DON'T have any other alternative...

That's how to tell her!
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:30   #535
okie
GT Mayor

Keep on keepin on LW honey. Here's more kisses for ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 14:22   #536
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Okie Memorial Area
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 15:33   #537
Buki192327

Keep your spirits up. Good things will happen for you!!!!!!!!

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 17:04   #538
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Wow, whenever we think we have had a hard day and have done good handling it, you come along to prove us very wrong! You're right, many people care for you. I would never have imagined that such a phenomena could happen unless I had seen it for myself. There are lots of people wishing they could do more to make your journey easier. Believe me, that day will come, the day you'll be free of all this. You can do it. You've been very blessed and strong in how you've been overcoming this ordeal. The best thing is that you've made friends for life, friends are something hard to come by nowadays, and you have many. Many. You're walking away from this with more than you walked into it with.

I do my best not to come here and post when I'm really feeling my worst. You folks wouldn't want to hear it, I can whine as good as anyone. And I don't even like cheese! So I wait until I'm at least coming back out of the worst before I start typing. But there's another real advantage to that. One lesson we often hear in life but sometimes for forget to apply is to practice being what we want to be until that becomes what we are. So I come in here and write my more positive thoughts while clicking the delete buttons on the negative ones that I've often written. So in the weeks, months, maybe years to come I'll come back here and read all this and it'll reinforce the positive side of me that has the will to fight, has the desire to find the good in an awful experience, and is open to the love I never thought possible before okie started this thread.

I know Iíll never forget the people in here, friends that I will treasure for the rest of my life. I hope to be able to meet all of you but even if I donít you will always hold a very special place in my heart. A place I didnít even know existed months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
LW,

Been through the minute by minute stuff, and it sucks. It does end. It takes a few thousand years, or seems like it at the time. But it ends.

Friends, family, encouragement will all help. And it may not seem like it to you now, but you are getting past it. Despite the bad days and nights, you're never all the way back to where you started. We can tell that from your posts.

Hugs, kisses, and prayers.

Hawk
It does seem like itís been a thousand years that Iíve been on this road, and it does suck, you got that right. Yes, I finally do think Iím going to get past it, I never want to get back to where I started. More importantly I never want to get back to where I was just over a month ago. I think I turned a corner and am finally climbing up the hill instead of sliding down it. Itís so ironic that people talk about their families, but mine has always been different. They just want to believe Iím fine and nothing was ever wrong with me and itís so much easier to let them think that. So I just talk to a couple friends and you folks. But thatís been enough, thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I for one, and I am sure I speak for many here, would be more than willing to
carry a piece of your burden.

One minute,.....
One day,.....
One week,....
One month,........... it gets better Sweetie. I promise
There are many posts in here that bring tears to my eye and this is one of them. For all the times Iíve wanted to help someone else it always gets to me that someone would want to do this for me. But these are good tears. And they help counter the bad tears that want to fall on nights like this when the nightmares are here. Thank you.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-19-2009, 17:16   #539
Zonny

Good morning sweetpie

A 'positive thinking' worksheet for you:

http://www.simpleabundance.com/gratitude.html

It's time to start counting your blessings no matter how small and soon they will overpower all the terrible things you've lived with over the past few moths.

If this interests you and you would rather have a bound journal, let me know!!
Old 09-19-2009, 17:23   #540
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Good morning sweetpie

A 'positive thinking' worksheet for you:

http://www.simpleabundance.com/gratitude.html

It's time to start counting your blessings no matter how small and soon they will overpower all the terrible things you've lived with over the past few moths.

If this interests you and you would rather have a bound journal, let me know!!

Zonny! I was just thinking about you. I just put some fresh ďMandyĒs in Caturday and am snuggling her right now. I tried to sleep a bit ago and ended up needing her instead. So I found myself thinking of you and wondering how Ms. A is doing over here.

I'll sure take a look at this website, and thank you.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-19-2009, 17:35   #541
Zonny

Quote:

I'll sure take a look at this website, and thank you.
Ehhh the website not so much. Just wanted to plant an idea in your head and see if it took

Miss "A" is doing well. Looking forward to her 2 week leave in November. Her commander is home on leave now and I saw him today. He had nothing but praise of her work and it made my very proud.

I have you "girls" in my heart at all times and await the day you're both back in country (with your mothers!! )
Old 09-19-2009, 17:45   #542
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Ehhh the website not so much. Just wanted to plant an idea in your head and see if it took

Miss "A" is doing well. Looking forward to her 2 week leave in November. Her commander is home on leave now and I saw him today. He had nothing but praise of her work and it made my very proud.

I have you "girls" in my heart at all times and await the day you're both back in country (with your mothers!! :embarassed )
I'll BET you're proud of her. I am too. BYW, did you ever tell her about my kitty's name?

Seems kind of neat to be referred to as your "girl" when I think we're the same age.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-19-2009, 17:55   #543
Zonny

Uhhhh I think I'm quite a bit older than you!! Perhaps not old enough to be your mother but close. I did not have Miss A until I was 30.

I will tell her your story and show her pics while she is home. I would love for you guys to communicate.
Old 09-19-2009, 18:00   #544
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Uhhhh I think I'm quite a bit older than you!! Perhaps not old enough to be your mother but close. I did not have Miss A until I was 30.

I will tell her your story and show her pics while she is home. I would love for you guys to communicate.
OK, so you have about 8 years on me, if I remember her age correctly. Hey that's close!

I hope she likes having my kitty named after her.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-19-2009, 18:58   #545
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefs View Post
Hey Lone_Wolfe,

I'm hoping you make a full recovery and this is just one of nasty (ok, really nasty) slaps Life hands you on occasion and you think about it in years to come and feel and live the strength you gained by passing through this difficult time.

Prayers and best thoughts are with you,
Jefs
That's a different way to describe it, but it works. Yes, I'm gaining strength, getting a lot of it from people like you. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
checking in

back at ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearGLOCK View Post
i am in debt to you forever. you are a true american hero, you have done an awsome job deffending our freedom, and apparentlly so has you armor, thank god, get well soon, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and all the heros that serve this great nation, get better soon, and come home soldier

heres to you
Ya, I got lucky with the armor. The plate split apart, but held just enough. Guess it wasn't my day... You don't owe me a thing. The only thing I ask of you is your prayers for all of us here. Thank you for that and the well-wishes.

And enjoy that beer!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-20-2009, 12:31   #546
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Okie Memorial Area
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 14:31   #547
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
And THAT is exactly why you don't get to join the stomp party! I mean last time you faced them it did not end well for you!

I can't help that now, that's why I want revenge...

You still think that crap is funny?
Sure I do... Hey I think I just might get that bullethole tattoo after all.

Quote:
How are you holding up today, the now not so Lone Wolfe?
I grabbed this old post because I happened to think of it when this here was happening...
A few minutes ago I came back from a walk around the base here. I was feeling down, a bit defeated, fighting off the effects of last night being yet another sleepless night. I was walking along, thinking of things like family, friends and the friends I have in here and using those thoughts to hold the ugly thoughts at bay. I turned and headed down a darkened street with only the light from the stars and the flashlight in my hand for in case I need it. I realized I was all by myself there, but quickly realized I wasnít alone. I could feel a warmth moving with me, and no, Iím not referring to the Baghdad heat right now. Some reading this will think it was God with me, some will think it was an angel, maybe the atheist among us will swear that it had to be all in my head. For all I know it might have been some of you GTíers that are with me in spirit. All I know is I was by myself, but I wasnít alone and by the time I got back to my room I felt a sense of comfort that I need right now and it felt good.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-20-2009, 17:01   #548
engineer151515

Quote:
I grabbed this old post because I happened to think of it when this here was happening...
A few minutes ago I came back from a walk around the base here. I was feeling down, a bit defeated, fighting off the effects of last night being yet another sleepless night. I was walking along, thinking of things like family, friends and the friends I have in here and using those thoughts to hold the ugly thoughts at bay. I turned and headed down a darkened street with only the light from the stars and the flashlight in my hand for in case I need it. I realized I was all by myself there, but quickly realized I wasnít alone. I could feel a warmth moving with me, and no, Iím not referring to the Baghdad heat right now. Some reading this will think it was God with me, some will think it was an angel, maybe the atheist among us will swear that it had to be all in my head. For all I know it might have been some of you GTíers that are with me in spirit. All I know is I was by myself, but I wasnít alone and by the time I got back to my room I felt a sense of comfort that I need right now and it felt good.
Very nice post.

May you feel this way everyday, from now on, wherever you are.

I know exactly the sense of which you speak.

Old 09-20-2009, 19:55   #549
Bumpadrum
zoom in & FOCUS

Quote:
Sure I do... Hey I think I just might get that bullethole tattoo after all.

You know where I stand on this Sister. Praise God. You are being forged in the firey furnace right now. You will come out the other side of this stronger and better, like ore turned to gold. It will get better and I will not stop praying for you. You can count on that.
Hang tough and look up my friend.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:39   #550
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
A few minutes ago I came back from a walk around the base here. I was feeling down, a bit defeated, fighting off the effects of last night being yet another sleepless night. I was walking along, thinking of things like family, friends and the friends I have in here and using those thoughts to hold the ugly thoughts at bay. I turned and headed down a darkened street with only the light from the stars and the flashlight in my hand for in case I need it. I realized I was all by myself there, but quickly realized I wasn’t alone. I could feel a warmth moving with me, and no, I’m not referring to the Baghdad heat right now. Some reading this will think it was God with me, some will think it was an angel, maybe the atheist among us will swear that it had to be all in my head. For all I know it might have been some of you GT’ers that are with me in spirit. All I know is I was by myself, but I wasn’t alone and by the time I got back to my room I felt a sense of comfort that I need right now and it felt good.
Things happen for a reason, LW. Even this, even all the bad things we can think of. If we look at those things as something to grow from, it will turn a negative event into a positive one. I know that you know what I mean. It blows me away that you have so many people who love you and would go over there, kidnap you, check in on you everyday and love you unconditionally. All of this without personally knowing you. You have been blessed. We are all there "in spirit" with you...we have all been in pain on some level and can relate to you, on some level. My short hell stay in hospital has changed my life, LW. I can't imagine what this will do for you. It will bless many other people for years to come when they hear your story and are touched by it. It has already touched mine. We just love you and care about you, pray for you, for your safe and speedy return to where you feel safe. Later, dear girl, G26G

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell

Last edited by Glock26girl; 09-21-2009 at 02:47..
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!