Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-09-2010, 00:06   #3961
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I think I'd have been better off with this combo last night. Doc took away my Xanax this time, gave me a somewhat mild sleeping pill and a strong muscle relaxer. I couldn't move to thrash around during the nightmares, so I my inability to move was incorporated into the nightmares and I had panic attacks when I woke up both times. By 6AM the doc there realized I wasn't going to go back to sleep, so he let me go eat. I'm surprised he did since I'm still stumbling around pretty bad, oh well. Damn, not a fun night.

Magnus, now I can give you the I wanted to last night.
Sleep paralysis can lead to some scary nightmares especially with someone like you. I've had them myself. I'm so sorry LW. They better find you something better or I'll hit them in the head with my cane.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 00:12   #3962
okie
GT Mayor

Love ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 00:33   #3963
sawgrass

So...Wolfe, you know I was in a crappy place earlier.
I happened to catch you on here and you made
it all better. Seriously, you did.

We pm'd and then you had to go to work.
I went outside and sat in the hottub grabbing a beer
on the way. I sat out there thinking about my stuff,
and then started to laugh at my own silliness.

I, like most Americans, do what we do...
You go through what you do, because you are there
defending us. That makes you a hero.

You live in that tent, in those temps, trying to make
sense out of what the hell happened, still working in
a place being fired upon. Trying to heal to a point to
return to the US, staying there because VA care sucks...

Darlin' I don't have any worries...
Thank you Wolfe, on so many levels.

I may be your internet friend, but you mean
more to me than most of the people I know
in RL.

R.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:27   #3964
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
So...Wolfe, you know I was in a crappy place earlier.
I happened to catch you on here and you made
it all better. Seriously, you did..........
When I left the hospital early this morning I was feeling bad from the nightmares and lack of sleep, and having my doubts as to whether I was making progress and all that. So I can in here looking for a little encouragement. When I did my notice popped up saying I had PM's I saw the title and read yours first and saw you were online. We started talking and for a little while I forgot about my bad night to think about you.

When I first came back and saw your post I thought "Well, it's nice to ba able to give a little back to a friend who's helping me so much in here". But the truth is that I would have done the same even if we'd met another way. It's just how I am, and how you and so many good people in the world are. It feels good to be able to do something that helps someone else. Thank you for confiding in me.

BTW, that hottub sounds so good for my chest right now...

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 13:28   #3965
Glock26girl
G26, G19

You guys are making me cry. You are so special and such good people. I feel like SG, that you are such a good friend, Wolfe. I think we would all get along pretty well if all of your friends met in person.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 14:22   #3966
23skidoo
Deceased

I hope your doc makes sure you sleep tonight Sweetheart. Xanax, sleeping pill, muscle relaxers, if I were there I would serenade you. Scratch that, you'd be out of the bed and chasing me across the base in your robe Rest well my dear! Gentle ones to wipe away the image of me singing to you.
Old 06-09-2010, 14:32   #3967
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
You guys are making me cry. You are so special and such good people. I feel like SG, that you are such a good friend, Wolfe. I think we would all get along pretty well if all of your friends met in person.
I think it would be great if we could all be together at once. That would be a GT gathering to remember. And G26girl, you'd have all the leg-humpers chasing you instead of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love ya sweetheart: smootchie:: hugs:
okie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Sleep paralysis can lead to some scary nightmares especially with someone like you. I've had them myself. I'm so sorry LW. They better find you something better or I'll hit them in the head with my cane.: fred:
Between them and the lack of sleep yesterday night I'm feeling down, depressed and generally hurting quite a bit today. In fact I'm feeling much like I did every day before I went in the hospital. If nothing else it makes me realize that the sleep I'm getting is helping even if it takes a pharmacy to get that sleep.

You're right, Magnus, it was very scary and upsetting. I watered mandy really good once I could move. My doc promised me he's conk me out good tonight since the last 2 nights haven't been restful. He wants to avoid another psychotic episode. Another good note there, my doc said that's far grom gone, but he thinks my mind shows signs of wanting to beat the psychosis given the chance.

So are you on the way with your cane yet? I'll meet you and show you the way.

Quote:
and....I miss Bob.
BobinTx, I'm sure we all hope you
are safe and having a good time on
your 30th wedding anniversary.
SG
I miss Bob too, but I'm glad he's having fun with his wife on thier cruise. I got an email from him, they're having a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I had given some thought to the one/two post members.

To date, there are 96 of them.

If these were steps in the sand, these member carried what any one of us would have had to do ninety six times.

That doesn't take away from any one of us. It adds to all of us.

That said, placement on the collage can become a sensitive issue.
The only permanent place is you, at the center.

Therefore.

The collage will not be a single picture. The photos will be shuffled and posted, then shuffled and posted.

When this has happened enough times, I'm going to try to animate the collage in a loop with contributors continually shifting. Closer. Farther. Front. Back.

Much like life. What you may have missed before, what might have been partially hidden, what may have been far away will at some point be discovered, become clearer, become closer.

In the center, will be you.

In the end - I hope everyone will be satisfied.
"If these were steps in the sand, these member carried what any one of us would have had to do ninety six times. That doesn't take away from any one of us. It adds to all of us."

How is it you can say in 2 sentences what it takes me a paragraph to say?

I love your idea of having the avatars rotate out on the collage randomly. This wil be so special, and I know I'll keep it forever, along with this thread. Thank you.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-10-2010, 03:56   #3968
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Hey there pretty lady. Haven't been on GT much, due to RLS kicking me a around a bit, but figured I'd pop in to say Hi...

"Hi!"

You're right, you know- Even if they aren't in here for a while, there are people out there who care, who think of you randomly for no particular reason, and send some good Karma/energy your way...
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:05   #3969
sawgrass

Hi Wolfe, I hope you were able to sleep regardless of what it took.
It will be great to meet you someday. I'm happy to hear that you
will likely stay there longer. It seems like you are making progress.
SG
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47   #3970
gyfgyf

Hi LW,

I hope tonight you are going to have a very peacefull sleep. Prayers sent.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:55   #3971
Tenngunner

Good evening Wolfe and I hope it is a good one. As other s have said we are all pulling for you to get well. I'm not a veteran but I have deep respect for you and all that have bravely served our country and freedom.

We would like for you to come home and have a party however, if the medical treatment there is better than a VA please stay until YOU feel you can do it. By whatever means (job not done whatever).

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:57   #3972
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Good evening Wolfe and I hope it is a good one. As other s have said we are all pulling for you to get well. I'm not a veteran but I have deep respect for you and all that have bravely served our country and freedom.

We would like for you to come home and have a party however, if the medical treatment there is better than a VA please stay until YOU feel you can do it. By whatever means (job not done whatever).

Tenngunner I think a lot of us here are not veterans which makes people like Wolfe even more of a hero to us. She risked and almost lost her life for those of us who never did. You and I and many others appreciate the sacrifice of all veterans.

Quote:
SG
Wolfe there are many of us who hope you slept well last night. Did you? I hope your doctor has some better answers by now on what works for you. This trial and error is risky.

Quote:
Between them and the lack of sleep yesterday night I'm feeling down, depressed and generally hurting quite a bit today. In fact I'm feeling much like I did every day before I went in the hospital. If nothing else it makes me realize that the sleep I'm getting is helping even if it takes a pharmacy to get that sleep.
:
I'm really glad that you can see the progress you have made even if it takes a small setback for you to really see. We can see the change in your writing and it makes me have hope that you will keep making progress toward your recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:06   #3973
glock19_fan
... --- ...

Prayers sent for full recovery!!

:-)

Read
!!!
glock19_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 14:34   #3974
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock19_fan View Post
Prayers sent for full recovery!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe there are many of us who hope you slept well last night. Did you? I hope your doctor has some better answers by now on what works for you. This trial and error is risky.

I'm really glad that you can see the progress you have made even if it takes a small setback for you to really see. We can see the change in your writing and it makes me have hope that you will keep making progress toward your recovery.
Yeah, my doc knocked me out soundly last night with enough Xanax in me to push back against the nightmares. Yes, I still had a couple, but they just aren't as terrifying when I take the Xanax, even if it's the same dream. It just seems more like I'm watching someone else have the nightmare if that makes any sense. He's come to the conclusion that Xanax is the only anti-anxiety drug I can take without side effects and it seems to work, so it's going on the menu. The other ones I tried caused problems including some foot pain I've had for a couple days. Wierd that and anti-anxiety med could cause my feet to hurt, but that's what my doc says caused it.

I do feel better in the sense that I have more hope that I'm going to get better. I guess in the computer world we'd call it 'virtual progress', but my shrink was telling me today that that kind of progress often precedes real progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post

Thank you, my friend. I hope it's another good sleep too. I'd love to have that party too, but I know it won't be right away. Yeah, it kinda sucks that I have to stay over here to get the medical treatment I need, but I'm getting paid more than the disability pay I'll be getting once I get home ever will. So I'll take that too, and try to get my bills and house paid off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,

I hope tonight you are going to have a very peacefull sleep. Prayers sent.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Thank you.

Quote:
SG
I think I'll get knocked out just as soundly again tonight, my doc is real concerned about me getting badly sleep deprived again. I'm still not getting as much as I need, but close enough that I haven't disconnected from reality in a few weeks now.

Maybe I'll get a chance to meet you in the summer, or next. I just know I don't want to go up there in the winter! Right now it's looking like I'll be here through the end of the year, but that's open-ended. Since it looks like I'm going to make at least a year with this employer I'm making leave plans for late summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
Hey there pretty lady. Haven't been on GT much, due to RLS kicking me a around a bit, but figured I'd pop in to say Hi...

"Hi!"

You're right, you know- Even if they aren't in here for a while, there are people out there who care, who think of you randomly for no particular reason, and send some good Karma/energy your way...
Hey there! Always good to hear from you. I refer back to what you said me me near the beginning of this thread about going through this a day at a time and it's made such a difference in getting me to be a little less overwhelmed by the mountain in front of me.

All the good karma, thoughts and prayers are so appreciated and I do think they make a difference. Sometimes I get through a day and think that's the only thing that could have made it possible.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-10-2010, 14:37   #3975
okie
GT Mayor

Love ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 22:00   #3976
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 22:43   #3977
m2hmghb

Hiya Wolfe, I just wanted to check in on you and say hello. I hope you start to feel decent soon!

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 22:57   #3978
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Gorgeous!
I am going to apply for the cabana boy position for one Miss Lone_Wolfe, do you think the contractor will go for it? My dream job. Massuese, personal chef, driver, body guard, gopher, whatever the lady needs. I just have to get in ahead of all the other leg humpers.

It's wonderful to read the sense of hope in your words! Attitude is going to be a big part of your recovery. As you realize you are getting better your outlook improves in other areas and that speeds your healing that much more. Keep it up my dear.

Your doc leaving the xanax out Tuesday night was more of a hiccup than a setback but it did show you that you're making progress and that's great. The mountain is still in front of you for now but one day you will no longer see it because you will be standing atop it. The noise you'll hear will be us cheering, screaming, crying with joy at your accomplishment. Gentle ones my dear, as always.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:21   #3979
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

How many Cabana Boys can I have?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-11-2010, 07:01   #3980
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
How many Cabana Boys can I have?
ONE! Me

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!