SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-21-2010, 18:35   #4501
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I really think most people would have done what I did, and probably sooner. I'm kicking myself for worrying, but not calling yesterday. I think he had a big part in helping himself by managing to get that gibberish email off to us. If I hadn't called, his sister would have I'm sure.

All of a sudden I'm thinking I'm glad I lived. I hate to think of him just laying there even longer than he did.

You make a good point. That's actually something Skidoo says to me a lot, that I'm still alive for a reason, but that I may never know that reason.

I started a thread for him here. Any and all prayers are appreciated.

I can't sleep yet, I'm still pretty upset and worried. The nurse (in WV) said I could call back in a couple hours and get an update, so I will.

As certain sweetheart that participates in this thread would say, I owe her a beer truck! But her's will have the beer still in it.
Don't be hard on yourself. The bottom line is you called and they found him alive.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 18:46   #4502
BobInTX

How did you ever find a phone number for the sheriff in Big Chimney?
Old 07-21-2010, 18:58   #4503
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Don't be hard on yourself. The bottom line is you called and they found him alive.
I just hate to think about all the time he had to lay on the floor wondering if anyone was going to come to help him.

Quote:
How did you ever find a phone number for the sheriff in Big Chimney?
Google is my friend. It gave the wrong number, but when I explained the situation to the lady that answered who was nice enough to ask a co-worker who knew it.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:13   #4504
BobInTX

Yes, I'm sure he didn't think anyone was coming for him. I hope God sent his angels to comfort him. This is all so weird I feel that His hands were all over this.

Wait till Skidoo finds out who saved him! If it was me I'd have to chuckle. I'm sure he'd rather not have had a stroke, but he'd be happy to hear you say you were glad to be alive.

BTW, my cat Spook has started to eat again. I'm rejoicing with all that has transpired today.
Old 07-21-2010, 19:38   #4505
BobInTX

Engineer151515, please tell me you are still archiving these pages.

Last edited by BobInTX; 07-21-2010 at 19:38..
Old 07-21-2010, 19:40   #4506
engineer151515

Quote:
Engineer151515, please tell me you are still archiving these pages.
oh yes.
Old 07-21-2010, 20:23   #4507
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
oh yes.
Thank you for that.

Quote:
Yes, I'm sure he didn't think anyone was coming for him. I hope God sent his angels to comfort him. This is all so weird I feel that His hands were all over this.

Wait till Skidoo finds out who saved him! If it was me I'd have to chuckle. I'm sure he'd rather not have had a stroke, but he'd be happy to hear you say you were glad to be alive.

BTW, my cat Spook has started to eat again. I'm rejoicing with all that has transpired today.
Glad to hear the kitty's doing a little better! Give her a bite of her favorite treat for me, wouldya?

I sure hope had some comfort there. It makes me think of the time last year when I tried to skip my pain meds and passed out near a bunker and thinking maybe no one would find me. And for me it only lasted a few minutes, not a day and a half.

He probably knows who called the law on him, since they still haven't made contact with his family. He's been talking to me a lot saying he wants me to be happy I survived, so I imagine he will enjoy reading that.

I posted this in my thread about his, but I'll repeat it here...

I just got off the phone with the ICU doc that’s been treating him. She told be he’s got some bleeding on the brain and he’ll be moved to ICU shortly. He’s also lost some mobility on the right side. They’ll be poking, prodding, and monitoring him close and won’t have results from their test back for several hours. She said he’ll be moved in the next couple hours, and it’s too soon to give me a prognosis. The doc said she would give him a message from me and would ask for phone numbers for his family.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-21-2010, 20:37   #4508
sawgrass

So....are you going to be able to get a couple of winks.
I don't expect you to sleep well. It's what about 5:30am
over there? You've been up all night and didn't sleep last night.

I know you're worried, but LW please take care of yourself as best
you can.

Skidoo is in my prayers.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 20:47   #4509
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

I just got off the phone with the ICU doc that’s been treating him. She told be he’s got some bleeding on the brain and he’ll be moved to ICU shortly. He’s also lost some mobility on the right side. They’ll be poking, prodding, and monitoring him close and won’t have results from their test back for several hours. She said he’ll be moved in the next couple hours, and it’s too soon to give me a prognosis. The doc said she would give him a message from me and would ask for phone numbers for his family.
It's a damn shame bad things like this happen to good people. I hope you can get some sleep Lone_Wolfe. You gotta be wired.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 21:58   #4510
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
So....are you going to be able to get a couple of winks.
I don't expect you to sleep well. It's what about 5:30am
over there? You've been up all night and didn't sleep last night.

I know you're worried, but LW please take care of yourself as best
you can.

Skidoo is in my prayers.
No, sleep's not gonna happen now. It's almost 7AM, so I'm going to go eat shortly (assuming they still serve nuts at the DFAC), then I'm going to try to concentrate on my work. I know I have to go argue with a print server this morning, plus a couple of minor issues that I didn't get done yesterday. At least I hope they're minor. I'll be sooooo ready to sleep tonight. But this isn't much compared to the sleep deprivation of the past year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
It's a damn shame bad things like this happen to good people. I hope you can get some sleep Lone_Wolfe. You gotta be wired.
Yes it is, and he's definitely good people. I'm pretty wired, plus my chest is making a series of complaints not fit for print, but I got to go earn my keep. I'll bet I sleep tonight, with or without my pills.

No wait, I'll take the pills anyways. I don't want the nightmares...

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-21-2010, 22:03   #4511
edog40

Quote:
I just hate to think about all the time he had to lay on the floor wondering if anyone was going to come to help him.

Stop that.
You did what you could when you could. There was nothing you could have been expected to do any better than you did.

I know this, as my dad died of a stroke or a heart attack last month.
He dropped dead after getting out of the shower and lay there for several hours until my little sister found him. Im told he was dead before he collapsed because there was no sign of him having struggled.

I say that to say this, what happend was beyond you. He made is call and you went above and beyond what another may or may not have done. He is alive, you helped.

You can thank God that you were an insterment of His mercy.
edog40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 00:53   #4512
okie
GT Mayor

Love ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:13   #4513
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog40 View Post
Stop that.
You did what you could when you could. There was nothing you could have been expected to do any better than you did.

He dropped dead after getting out of the shower and lay there for several hours until my little sister found him. Im told he was dead before he collapsed because there was no sign of him having struggled.

I say that to say this, what happend was beyond you. He made is call and you went above and beyond what another may or may not have done. He is alive, you helped.

Damn, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know right now the fact that he didn't suffer is small consolation but I'm glad of knowing he didn't. I hope your sister is handling it OK. I know that sort of thing can be traumatic.

I undestand what you're saying here. Hindsight is 20/20 and I've gone over in my mind all the things that could have sent me running to the phone long before I called, but the truth is I just didn't know. All I can do is learn from it. Of course I'm still wishing I'd called a day sooner, but that's because I hate the thought of Skidoo suffering like he did. I did tell his doc about the email he sent and his doc explained it in a way that will have me understanding a lot better if I ever get another email like that from anyone. And I am thankful to God that he put me where I could help. From what his doctor said I don't think he'd still be with us now if he wasn't at the hospital.

I also got an update that I posted over in my thread about him, but I'll repeat it here too. He really needs out prayers right now because the news could definitely be better. Overnight he started having trouble breathing and had to be put on a ventilator plus his heart rate went through the roof. He’s also having problems associated with possible heart failure, and other issues not as serious right now. He still has the bleeding on the brain, but his doctor think that surgery isn’t the best option right now. His condition is listed as “guarded” but his doc told me they’ve been able to get his heart rate down a bit in the last couple hours.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-22-2010, 09:17   #4514
sawgrass

Wolfe, thanks for the update.
Continuing to pray.

Wolfe, have you gotten in touch with his sister yet,
or has the hospital?

Last edited by sawgrass; 07-22-2010 at 09:18..
Old 07-22-2010, 09:25   #4515
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Continuing to pray.

or has the hospital?
Pease do, thanks very much. His doc said his sister came to the hospital last night, but he's trying to get in touch with her again now. so at least she knows. I haven't yet had any contact with her.

BTW, I got your PM, but it's time to go eat, so I'll get to it later.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51   #4516
BobInTX

Wolfe, I'm glad you are taking the attitude that you are. I believe our prayers kept him alive. Don't ever forget that you called and saved him.

I hope you learned something else. Don't keep stuff like this from us.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:10   #4517
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I agree with this. 23skidoo is such a sweet and caring man who deserves much better than this.

Quote:
I sure hope had some comfort there. It makes me think of the time last year when I tried to skip my pain meds and passed out near a bunker and thinking maybe no one would find me. And for me it only lasted a few minutes, not a day and a half.

He probably knows who called the law on him, since they still haven't made contact with his family. He's been talking to me a lot saying he wants me to be happy I survived, so I imagine he will enjoy reading that.
I believe that BobInTx is right in that he had angels holding his hand. Of course it was still a painful experience for him but we know it's over now because of what you did. Take comfort in that no matter what happens now. He reached out to you when he needed you and you reached back and you did save his life.

He is not the only one who will enjoy reading that you are finally glad you survived. We all knew there was a reason and I doubt this was the entire reason. I think this is just the beginning.

Quote:
Wolfe, I'm glad you are taking the attitude that you are. I believe our prayers kept him alive. Don't ever forget that you called and saved him.

Read this and heed it. Talk to us. It was when you told us this that you got help finding the answer you needed to save 23skidoo. Who knows what answer you will get next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1927 View Post
Lone_Wolfe, I know you have a lot of fans, and don't need another. However, that is incredible what you were able to do on the other side of the globe. Mega dittos to you, and you have one more reason why you know you were meant to be here. I hope all is well for both you and him.
G1927 of course you can join her fan club. Here let me find you a chair since it is a bit crowded in here.

Wolfe you told me several times that you are no hero because all you did was make phone calls but just remember that those phone calls made a difference. You did what needed doing.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52   #4518
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Continuing to pray.

or has the hospital?
Just a quick note that I've finally gotten in contact with his sister. She's promised to keep me up to date. Latest is that the prognosis is still very guarded. He's not out of the woods yet, but I'm still praying.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 07-22-2010 at 11:54..
Old 07-22-2010, 12:41   #4519
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Just a quick note that I've finally gotten in contact with his sister. She's promised to keep me up to date. Latest is that the prognosis is still very guarded. He's not out of the woods yet, but I'm still praying.
We all need to pray harder.
Quote:
Old 07-22-2010, 12:50   #4520
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

<<<Started praying and was hit with the thought of all these other people in need that were on my mind. It was a overwhelming experience. Lone_Wolfe, I hope some day when I think of you it's not because of the struggles you're going through.
Quote:
Old 07-22-2010, 13:15   #4521
sawgrass

I'm glad you finally heard from his sister.
It's good for you to have someone "there" to talk to.

LW, don't start beating yourself up over ANYTHING.
You followed through yesterday, despite having to go
to the hospital in the middle of it all.

Wolfe you are a good person.

Continuing to pray for Skidoo and you too.
Old 07-22-2010, 13:56   #4522
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog40 View Post
Stop that.

Sorry for your loss and thank you for your service!
Quote:
Old 07-22-2010, 16:01   #4523
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm glad you finally heard from his sister.
It's good for you to have someone "there" to talk to.

LW, don't start beating yourself up over ANYTHING.
You followed through yesterday, despite having to go
to the hospital in the middle of it all.

Wolfe you are a good person.

Continuing to pray for Skidoo and you too.
I still could have called sooner than I did. With a stoke the sooner it gets treated, the better the prognosis. Like I said, hindsight, but I wish I'd called long before I did.

Quote:
<<<Started praying and was hit with the thought of all these other people in need that were on my mind. It was a overwhelming experience. Lone_Wolfe, I hope some day when I think of you it's not because of the struggles you're going through.
I'd love for that day to happen too, but I don't think it's going to be any time soon.

Quote:
We all need to pray harder.
I think I'm going to need new knees by the time he's better. But I'm praying harder.

Quote:

I think all our prayers are helping, and we need to continue. Yes, I made the call, but it took a lot more than that for things to fall into place. Not only sawgrass, but other had a part in this too. The dispatcher at the police department couldn't have been better, I had skidoo's address handy because I still have the envelope from a Valetine's Day card he sent me, even okie had a part if you think about it. If he hadn't started this thread and cause me to talk to and get to know you folks I probably wouldn't have made the call when I did. I probably wouldn't even have known skidoo needed it. Something else I just noticed, okie started this thread July 20 of last year, skidoo had his stroke July 20 of this year. I wonder if that's a coincidence.

I'm off to the hospital. I'm so tired right now I wonder how I got through this last year of feeling this way. Nite all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love ya sweetheart
Love you too, okie.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-22-2010, 19:08   #4524
sawgrass

Wolfe, I'm so glad you went in to sleep.
Please keep it up.

I'm so sorry you have to have this added to the trials you
are already going through. Eventhough you are worried,
I hope you got a little of that sleep for the just skidoo wishes
for you.

We're here and we are praying for you both. I've caught myself
being thankful that this didn't happen last week when you
were out of it. Wolfe you are dealing with more than most of
us will ever experience. Don't be hard on yourself. Nothing good
will come of it. It's a miracle you are with us, and now we are
all praying for a miracle for skidoo.

I'm proud to consider you a friend LW.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:36   #4525
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

I got this some good news from Skidoo’s sister. He’s been upgraded to stable from guarded. They do expect him to live now. He is on a ventilator, for now, because of so much congestion on his chest, from laying on his chest for so long. The cramps in his muscles are going away also. A new brain scan showed only a small bleeder and does not require surgery. He needs time to heal and then physical therapy.

I'm sooooo relieved.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!