SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-02-2009, 18:57   #341
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
LW honey when you get to bed just think about you and me havin an picnic up in the mountains in Colorado, eatin Spam sammiches, and tator chips and drinkin Diet Dr. Pepper
okie, the lovely LW, deserves better than Spam sammiches. You should be embarrased. I'm shocked!!. You should at least get a basket full of them 2# burgers you were talkin about. Course there probably wouldn't be none left for LW, after you got through.

Of course we all know LW, is too much of a lady, to complain, if you did take Spam sammiches.

LW, sweetie you get some rest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 19:48   #342
engineer151515

and

Old 09-03-2009, 00:03   #343
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

and

I concur.

Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:16   #344
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
Sorry, okie, I didn't know that.

Anyway, we have some pretty good picnic spots here for you...

Okie Memorial Area

Normally there wouldn't be a zombie in the foreground.

ETA: Hope the visual aid helps, LW.
No worries my friend. That would be a hell of a place to have a picnic with LW for sure
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:36   #345
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:
No worries my friend. That would be a hell of a place to have a picnic with LW for sure
Here's how simple it is...

Grab the girl, put her in your Dodge, drive to Colorado Springs, stop at the grocery store down the street from me, get some spam & tater salad, Diet Dr. Pepper, stop by my house, I gots the hook up for the beer, drive 20 minutes up Ute pass to Rampart Reservoir, park the car... picnic on. I'd recommend anytime before October.. never know what kind of weather you'll get at 9,000 feet.

Sit back, watch the sun hit the North Face of Pike's Peak. Slowly digest spam.

Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:34   #346
Bumpadrum
zoom in & FOCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Yep, I been trying that. Not having any luck there. My shrink says the only way I'm going to stop having nightmares is if I accept the fact that I almost died from my injuries. She says I know it, but I don't "know" it if that makes any sense. I've been trying to get my mind around that ever since she told me some weeks ago.

I'm hoping that one of these days after a good night's sleep something will click into place.
.................................................................................................... ....
"Almost dying" really means one thing ... you are alive and kicking!
To strong to die. Spitting in the Devils eye.

It means God has a plan for your life.

You are still in His playbook and He is going to run a few plays where He needs you to throw a perfect block, knock down a pass, sack the QB, or recover a fumble for great field position. You might be on the bench right now (you took a big hit for the team) but in a couple of plays you get the ball back, go back on offense, and it will be time to gain some yardage and score a touchdown.

Never fear. Never. We will hold them until you get back on the field.

The team is rallying for you, and the fans in the stands are screaming your name! There's plenty of time on the clock!
We haven't even reached halftime but there's no doubt who is going to win this game.

And the cheerleading squad is deep and loud.
Go Lone_Wolfe Go! Go Lone_Wolfe Go! Go Lone_Wolfe Go! Go Lone_Wolfe Go!

Sorry about the football metaphor. I tried to come up with something featuring cats, but I'm a dog guy.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:06   #347
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
..... Hope the wife wasn't too hard on you, I for one like having you around.......
Well thanks,...... that means a lot!
I'm grounded. I had to clean the bathrooms, do the dishes, wax the Toyota
AND rub her feet.

Oh well,......... I think it was worth it!
How are you doing today? Hope all is well.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:24   #348
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Well thanks,...... that means a lot!
I'm grounded. I had to clean the bathrooms, do the dishes, wax the Toyota
AND rub her feet.

Oh well,......... I think it was worth it!
How are you doing today? Hope all is well.

Awwwww, darn. Being grounded aint fun. But you can wax my Mustang if you want. Plus I wouldn't complain if you rub MY feet.

I'm doing OK today, got lots of sleep last night.

What was that stuff they gave me anyway.....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:33   #349
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobberchops View Post
Beware Owner.....wow...I got goose bumps...thanks for being able to put words to feelings many of us have, but have difficulty putting into words.

LW, glad you had a better day, hope this turns into a mighty long streak of better days.

Prayers and good wishes to both of you!
Thank you for the kind words Slobberchops. FWIW, Beware Owner did more than give me goose bumps, he had me bawling like a little girl. At least I AM a girl.

Thank you for the prayers for both of us.

BTW, that pup in your avatar is gorgeous! Do you have a bigger pic you can PM me?

Quote:
I hope you sleep well LW Honey
Hiya Sweetheart. thanks to the Doc I was out like a light. Wish I would do the same tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyj571 View Post
LW, I am praying for a good recovery, and you safety everyday. Hope things are going well for you.
Thank you Billy. back at ya!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-03-2009, 10:36   #350
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
Here's how simple it is...

Grab the girl, put her in your Dodge, drive to Colorado Springs, stop at the grocery store down the street from me, get some spam & tater salad, Diet Dr. Pepper, stop by my house, I gots the hook up for the beer, drive 20 minutes up Ute pass to Rampart Reservoir, park the car... picnic on. I'd recommend anytime before October.. never know what kind of weather you'll get at 9,000 feet.

Sit back, watch the sun hit the North Face of Pike's Peak. Slowly digest spam.

Sounds like a plan, Stan
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:42   #351
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Awwwww, darn. Being grounded aint fun. But you can wax my Mustang if you want. Plus I wouldn't complain if you rub MY feet.

I'm doing OK today, got lots of sleep last night.

What was that stuff they gave me anyway.....
If rubbing your tootsies would make it all better,....... dang skippy,
send me a majic carpet Sweetie,....... I'm there.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:35   #352
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
That's very true! Dreams and nightmares are a way of your mind trying to tell you something, the only way to get it to shut up is to get the message. Work on that, baby, you have to internalize it, and those nightmares will go away.
Yep, I've been down this road before. Except it wasn't anything bad before that I needed to understand. What I can't get my mind around is why I can't internalize this like I need to. I wonder, why is it I don't "know" something I'd have a hard time denying. From the day I woke up in the hospital I've heard it enough times. The doctor that was there when I first woke up said "Welcome back. I didn't think we were going to be able to save you". Wished I didn't have tubes going down my throat, I would have cussed him good.
I found out a few months ago that I have the nickname of "Cat" around the hospital because I supposedly used up over half of my nine lives...

You'd think I'd have figured it out by now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpadrum View Post
.................................................................................................... ....
"Almost dying" really means one thing ... you are alive and kicking!
To strong to die. Spitting in the Devils eye.

It means God has a plan for your life.

You are still in His playbook and He is going to run a few plays where He needs you to throw a perfect block, knock down a pass, sack the QB, or recover a fumble for great field position. You might be on the bench right now (you took a big hit for the team) but in a couple of plays you get the ball back, go back on offense, and it will be time to gain some yardage and score a touchdown.

Never fear. Never. We will hold them until you get back on the field.

The team is rallying for you, and the fans in the stands are screaming your name! There's plenty of time on the clock!
We haven't even reached halftime but there's no doubt who is going to win this game.

And the cheerleading squad is deep and loud.
Go Lone_Wolfe Go! Go Lone_Wolfe Go! Go Lone_Wolfe Go! Go Lone_Wolfe Go!

Sorry about the football metaphor. I tried to come up with something featuring cats, but I'm a dog guy.
Yep, I agree with you Bumpadrum. If I had my way I'd blow off what happened and say "Whatever, those bastards tried, but they didn't kill me".

The problem is my subconcious doesn't see it that way. At since it has the capability of throwing nightmares at me damn near every time I try to sleep guess who has the say in the matter?

So that means I got to listen to my shrink and try to do what she says. She says I need to think about it, talk about it, deal with it. As much as I don't want to.....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-03-2009, 15:07   #353
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
You are priviledged to be one of the few people who can make a tear drop from my eyes. God works in mysterious ways, but He works. I made a prayer for you when I typed the message. You need not wonder any more and see for yourself what else is in store for you. There's nothing more convincing that a person's own life experience to know something exists or actually happens. For what I have read on your posts and other's speaking of you, you're such a down to earth person, have such a big heart, and transparently seem like a friend anyone should have, and the friend we really all need. I'd happily say that these are probably good reasons this thread has accrued so many pages, because that's who you are, and one of the few awesome and outstanding human beings this world needs, and we recognize that. You have a strong spirit, and ours are with you to provide you with that extra ounce of strength you need. There's no reason in this world why you should feel alone, because you're not. There will come the day where you'll sit back and laugh it all off, and every day that passes, you're one day closer to it. Pray, not like He's some mythical creature, but like He's there and listening. You'll be surprised at what you get. From me, receive a big hug and a brotherly kiss on the forehead, you've been an angel that's watched over us all.
Well you’ve brought way more than a single teardrop to my eyes, believe me. Several times. I’ve never been one to claim to understand God’s ways at all, in fact I’m completely stumped most of the time. Including what he has in mind for me or why I’m still here. You know, I read this post and think I’m no different than anyone here. We just try to do the best we can in our lives. I try to be a good person, sometimes I fail badly. Sometimes I do something that I think isn’t anything special, but someone else does. There’s a certain feeling you get from being able to do something for someone without expecting a thing in return that you can’t get any other way. The irony of that is sometimes I feel selfish when I do something for someone just because it makes me feel that good. I don’t think my heart is any bigger than yours or so many other people who have stood beside me in spirit recently, who have sent me things that they didn’t have to, who have taken time to write me words of encouragement or even getting on me case when I’ve made some bad choices.

I haven’t felt strong in months but lately as I’ve read what you and others say to me it gives my strength. I really don’t feel so alone anymore, even though I’m so far away from the world I knew. Strange as it may seem when I saw that vision of people the other night I had the impression of good will coming from them. Ever since then I’ve been thinking about that and wondering if somehow you people could have had anything to do with that.

I will tell you one thing though, I will never just laugh this off. Another soldier was killed in the attack. It hurts me even more because he had made it to safety. He only blew cover to try to get to me to get me out of the line of fire. I part of me will always feel to blame for what he did, although I wasn’t even aware of it happening. Yes, it will get easier, but never funny. I’m looking forward to that hug, and you have been an angel to me.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 09-03-2009 at 15:17..
Old 09-03-2009, 15:21   #354
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

None of it is your fault LW. You just need to convince yourself of that. Continued prayers for you lady.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 19:54   #355
deadite
Groovy.

Wow, am I late to get on this bus or what? I just read what happened and I'm very sorry for your injuries and lost friend.

I hope, as time goes on, that you'll be able to cut yourself some slack with the guilty feelings you're having. They're normal, but I hope you'll let them go. They will serve you no real purpose except as a reminder of the value of human life.

Best wishes and get well soon. Thank you for your service.

deadite
Old 09-03-2009, 20:29   #356
RussP

Quote:
...I havenít felt strong in months but lately as Iíve read what you and others say to me it gives my strength. I really donít feel so alone anymore, even though Iím so far away from the world I knew. Strange as it may seem when I saw that vision of people the other night I had the impression of good will coming from them. Ever since then Iíve been thinking about that and wondering if somehow you people could have had anything to do with that. ...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 20:49   #357
DoubleDog
Grrrrr.....

Dd~
Some of my best friends are dogs...
DoubleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 20:53   #358
DoubleDog
Grrrrr.....

If okie sends kisses, I do too!

Get well soon...(there should be a flower bouquet emoticon)

DD~
Some of my best friends are dogs...
DoubleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 23:26   #359
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

Quote:

BTW, that pup in your avatar is gorgeous! Do you have a bigger pic you can PM me?

hope your inbox has room!
"I am here to fight evil and exchange good-natured barbs" -The Tick
Slobberchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:51   #360
engineer151515

Today's hugs

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!