Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-01-2009, 15:54   #321
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
It's posts like this one that cause this thread to make such a difference to me. When I get feeling weak and thinking I want to give up I read something like this and it inspires me to go on. It just amazes me how so many of you here that I've never met can do so much for me and come to mean so much to me.

I don't know if I dreamt at all last night because I was knocked out so thoroughly, but if I had a choice I would sure want to dream about meeting some of you. Last night just before the drugs knocked me out I had a srange vision of several people I've never seen before all standing around my bed. I didn't know who they were, but they seemed to want to help me. When I got here today I couldn't help but notice this was posted at almost the exact same time. It kind of makes me wonder...

You got goose pimples when you wrote this but I have yet to be able to read the entire post at once. Just too many tears in my eyes to see the screen. People like you ARE what being an American is all about. You are what makes this country worth fighting for, and I thank you all.

Thank you Beware Owner
You are priviledged to be one of the few people who can make a tear drop from my eyes. God works in mysterious ways, but He works. I made a prayer for you when I typed the message. You need not wonder any more and see for yourself what else is in store for you. There's nothing more convincing that a person's own life experience to know something exists or actually happens. For what I have read on your posts and other's speaking of you, you're such a down to earth person, have such a big heart, and transparently seem like a friend anyone should have, and the friend we really all need. I'd happily say that these are probably good reasons this thread has accrued so many pages, because that's who you are, and one of the few awesome and outstanding human beings this world needs, and we recognize that. You have a strong spirit, and ours are with you to provide you with that extra ounce of strength you need. There's no reason in this world why you should feel alone, because you're not. There will come the day where you'll sit back and laugh it all off, and every day that passes, you're one day closer to it. Pray, not like He's some mythical creature, but like He's there and listening. You'll be surprised at what you get. From me, receive a big hug and a brotherly kiss on the forehead, you've been an angel that's watched over us all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 18:30   #322
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
We can't send them to Allah with an empty stomach, so I'll bring plenty of ham sammiches.

With the stomping, and ham sammiches, we can add pig flu vaccine. That way Allah would drop over too. Or we could just send some illegal Mexicans, that are infected with the pig flu.

Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 19:49   #323
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
I hope this time you have sweet dreams of all the people who have and haven't met you, but do take the time to think about you and make sure to get on this board just to talk to you, some even send you tokens of appreciation. Sometimes God allows things to happen in our lives so that we can grow stronger, and allow angels to carry you in their arms. There is physical pain that is sure to go away, but the strength you get from all of this, and the people gathered here spiritually today, are timeless and priceless. I personally haven't met you, but I'd be more than happy to get that orange juice for you, accomodate the IV's, even give you some of my blood if need be, if I could. I'm sure more here are willing to, 24hrs 'round the clock. I also think it's pretty neat of all you guys to stand beside her during this time, this is what being American is all about. I get goose bumps as I type this. This, my friends, is what unites us as a country, a nation, a people. United we stand.
Quote:
It's posts like this one that cause this thread to make such a difference to me. When I get feeling weak and thinking I want to give up I read something like this and it inspires me to go on. It just amazes me how so many of you here that I've never met can do so much for me and come to mean so much to me.

I don't know if I dreamt at all last night because I was knocked out so thoroughly, but if I had a choice I would sure want to dream about meeting some of you. Last night just before the drugs knocked me out I had a srange vision of several people I've never seen before all standing around my bed. I didn't know who they were, but they seemed to want to help me. When I got here today I couldn't help but notice this was posted at almost the exact same time. It kind of makes me wonder...

You got goose pimples when you wrote this but I have yet to be able to read the entire post at once. Just too many tears in my eyes to see the screen. People like you ARE what being an American is all about. You are what makes this country worth fighting for, and I thank you all.

Thank you Beware Owner
Quote:
You are priviledged to be one of the few people who can make a tear drop from my eyes. God works in mysterious ways, but He works. I made a prayer for you when I typed the message. You need not wonder any more and see for yourself what else is in store for you. There's nothing more convincing that a person's own life experience to know something exists or actually happens. For what I have read on your posts and other's speaking of you, you're such a down to earth person, have such a big heart, and transparently seem like a friend anyone should have, and the friend we really all need. I'd happily say that these are probably good reasons this thread has accrued so many pages, because that's who you are, and one of the few awesome and outstanding human beings this world needs, and we recognize that. You have a strong spirit, and ours are with you to provide you with that extra ounce of strength you need. There's no reason in this world why you should feel alone, because you're not. There will come the day where you'll sit back and laugh it all off, and every day that passes, you're one day closer to it. Pray, not like He's some mythical creature, but like He's there and listening. You'll be surprised at what you get. From me, receive a big hug and a brotherly kiss on the forehead, you've been an angel that's watched over us all.
Beware Owner.....wow...I got goose bumps...thanks for being able to put words to feelings many of us have, but have difficulty putting into words.

LW, glad you had a better day, hope this turns into a mighty long streak of better days.

Prayers and good wishes to both of you!
"I am here to fight evil and exchange good-natured barbs" -The Tick
Slobberchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:56   #324
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

How are you doing Sweetie?!

Looks like the Wife wins,......I made it one whole day.
I just can't seem to stay off of here. Looks like I AM addicted to GT
and to a bunch of the on-going threads.
Gotta run for now,...... sweet dreams tonight. We'll be thinking of you.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:10   #325
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Oh, those terrorists are is SOOOOOO much trouble now........

I ALMOST feel sorry for them. With Buki leading the charge those guys won't stand a chence. Good thing I got some sleep last night. With each GT'er there getting 15 minutes of stomping we may be there a while....

Let's see, 3 of them and......

And a whole mess of us.

Now I'm not interested in feeding them, vaccinating them or any of that crap. All I want to do is catch them and open a big can of whoop-ass on each of them. Then we'll finish them off, preferably with thier own AK47s.

Thier virgins will be too busy trying to patch them up to do anything else for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:32   #326
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I hope this time you have sweet dreams of all the people who have and haven't met you, but do take the time to think about you and make sure to get on this board just to talk to you, some even send you tokens of appreciation. Sometimes God allows things to happen in our lives so that we can grow stronger, and allow angels to carry you in their arms. There is physical pain that is sure to go away, but the strength you get from all of this, and the people gathered here spiritually today, are timeless and priceless. I personally haven't met you, but I'd be more than happy to get that orange juice for you, accomodate the IV's, even give you some of my blood if need be, if I could. I'm sure more here are willing to, 24hrs 'round the clock. I also think it's pretty neat of all you guys to stand beside her during this time, this is what being American is all about. I get goose bumps as I type this. This, my friends, is what unites us as a country, a nation, a people. United we stand.
Quote:

Wow. A couple years ago "Wolfe" dragged me to this forum telling me of the really nice people here and how helpful everyone was. I lurked here for a while before I signed up and saw for myself how right she was. These posts here prove this beyond all doubt.

When I read the second post I almost think you've met her. You seem to really understand her. I'd better not get too mushy here. She knows where I live and might headslap me if I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:57   #327
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wow. A couple years ago "Wolfe" dragged me to this forum telling me of the really nice people here and how helpful everyone was. I lurked here for a while before I signed up and saw for myself how right she was. These posts here prove this beyond all doubt.

When I read the second post I almost think you've met her. You seem to really understand her. I'd better not get too mushy here. She knows where I live and might headslap me if I do.
I learned from my mom that if you have anything good to say about or to someone, do it while they're alive. My mom lost her sister and couldn't tell her how much she loved her while she lived. I'm a big fan of character and values, and, for the life of me, I cannot find a single post where she has written something that either has a hidden meaning or agenda, any evil feelings/motive of any sort, never condescending, seems to write what she does with a smile, and a generally easygoing and loving disposition. That hasn't stopped her from being a fighter and handling her business. Have I met her? No. But I'd love to. I can say that I've been thinking about her and praying every day. I hold her in high esteem, as do the rest of us.

Last edited by Beware Owner; 09-02-2009 at 13:57..
Old 09-02-2009, 13:50   #328
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I should have picked up on the

I think it's a wonderful name for your kitty. I will pass the story onto "Mandy"

Glad you had a good nights sleep. Are you feeling any better generally with the rest you've been able to get?
I'm glad you like the name and I hope your daughter does too.

I did get a good nights sleep and I will again tonight. Doc's been knocking me out every other day these last few. I still haven't gotten a handle on the nightmares and have them religiously on my off days, but the sleep I'm getting does help me feel better. Now I hope I can figure them out and banish them! It's getting easier to push the thoughts of giving up out of my head because I'm not so exhaused all the time.

BTW I posted pics of little Mandy in the Caturday thread. I'd have stuck them here, but my haji-net connection is so slow it makes me yearn for dial-up. Picture threads can take hours to load here.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 13:59   #329
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Hope your having a good day LW.
I'll be having a better one tommorow, Doc going to make me sleep tonight. I'll be reporting shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
How are you doing Sweetie?!

Looks like the Wife wins,......I made it one whole day.
I just can't seem to stay off of here. Looks like I AM addicted to GT
and to a bunch of the on-going threads.
Gotta run for now,...... sweet dreams tonight. We'll be thinking of you.
Hope the wife wasn't too hard on you, I for one like having you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
And a whole mess of us.

Now I'm not interested in feeding them, vaccinating them or any of that crap. All I want to do is catch them and open a big can of whoop-ass on each of them. Then we'll finish them off, preferably with thier own AK47s.

Thier virgins will be too busy trying to patch them up to do anything else for them.
You're the nurse, you can patch the poor guy up.... So my battle buddies in here can stomp him yet again....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-02-2009, 14:01   #330
okie
GT Mayor

I hope you sleep well LW Honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 14:03   #331
okie
GT Mayor

LW honey when you get to bed just think about you and me havin an picnic up in the mountains in Colorado, eatin Spam sammiches, and tator chips and drinkin Diet Dr. Pepper
Old 09-02-2009, 14:11   #332
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
LW honey when you get to bed just think about you and me havin an picnic up in the mountains in Colorado, eatin Spam sammiches, and tator chips and drinkin Diet Dr. Pepper
That's good advice. I've heard stories about taking control of your dreams. You keep saying to yourself what you want to dream about over and over again. Here's to hoping you have sweet dreams.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 14:13   #333
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Actually Diet Dr. Pepper is good but Diet A&W Root Beer is better.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 14:14   #334
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:
LW honey when you get to bed just think about you and me havin an picnic up in the mountains in Colorado, eatin Spam sammiches, and tator chips and drinkin one of Steve's handcrafted ales

Fixed it for you, Okie.

Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 14:15   #335
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Actually Diet Dr. Pepper is good but Diet A&W Root Beer is better.
They are both good for sure
Old 09-02-2009, 14:16   #336
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
Fixed it for you, Okie.

Well I quit drinkin but I'll bring some for LW if she wants
Old 09-02-2009, 14:20   #337
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
That's good advice. I've heard stories about taking control of your dreams. You keep saying to yourself what you want to dream about over and over again. Here's to hoping you have sweet dreams.
Yep, I been trying that. Not having any luck there. My shrink says the only way I'm going to stop having nightmares is if I accept the fact that I almost died from my injuries. She says I know it, but I don't "know" it if that makes any sense. I've been trying to get my mind around that ever since she told me some weeks ago.

I'm hoping that one of these days after a good night's sleep something will click into place.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-02-2009, 14:24   #338
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:
Well I quit drinkin but I'll bring some for LW if she wants
Sorry, okie, I didn't know that.

Anyway, we have some pretty good picnic spots here for you...

Okie Memorial Area

Normally there wouldn't be a zombie in the foreground.

ETA: Hope the visual aid helps, LW.
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 14:34   #339
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Yep, I been trying that. Not having any luck there. My shrink says the only way I'm going to stop having nightmares is if I accept the fact that I almost died from my injuries. She says I know it, but I don't "know" it if that makes any sense. I've been trying to get my mind around that ever since she told me some weeks ago.

I'm hoping that one of these days after a good night's sleep something will click into place.
That's very true! Dreams and nightmares are a way of your mind trying to tell you something, the only way to get it to shut up is to get the message. Work on that, baby, you have to internalize it, and those nightmares will go away.

Old 09-02-2009, 14:44   #340
billyj571

LW, I am praying for a good recovery, and you safety everyday. Hope things are going well for you.
billyj571 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!