Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
<---- Had a dream of watching LW shoot tighter groups than I could with her .17

G'morning LW.

Here's one for a tues Caturday Mornin.

Well you picked an appropriate kitty, since I'm a pincushion over here.

If I ever do take up shooting again I'm sure I would start with something rimfire like that. Who knows.

And it's 3:30 PM, not morning...

Hiya Peace Warrior!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:01   #402
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thank you skidoo. I could really use that hug today.
I bet you could use some kisses also sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:08   #403
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
Silent_Runner, my eyes spring a leak also, everytime I see some encouraging signs in the posts by Lone_Wolfe. Speaking for myself only, I know that I am not incredible. In LW, I see a lady, that needs moral support, prayers and encouragement. She is doing the tough part, we are only lending a hand to her. With what Lone_Wolfe, has done in protecting out country and my family, I would be a real scuz bucket, if I weren't willing to help her in any way I could. LW, is an inspiration for many, and she will win this battle. It is just a hand up, not a hand out, and many of us need that at times.

LW, these are for you.

Keep fighting the good battle. You are making progress and I know that is a very encouraging sign. You keep fighting the good battle, and I will keep up the prayers, good thoughts and moral support. I know that the others on here will also.

Slobberchops, very nice looking dog.

I will tell you that when I saw her in June I was truly afraid that I was soon to lose a friend of almost 20 years and that made me cry. She may get upset that I say this in public but it's true. The care or the lack thereof that she recieved left a lot to be desired. Pumping anyone full of drugs is no answer. That will only make problems worse.

It feels so much better to cry for the reason I do now when I see what you people are doing and I also see hope and improvement in her posts and when I talk to her. Please keep up what you are doing and pray for all of out troops over there.

I'd like to give you one of these too for being here.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 18:26   #404
Buki192327

Quote:
Thank you skidoo. I could really use that hug today.

I wouldn't mind having her or maybe some of you GT'er here watching over me right now. Last night was a sleepless one, the nightmares made sure of that. Today's being a difficult one, but I'm taking you people's advice. One second, one minute, one hour at a time I'm fighting off the ugly thoughts.

I'm not going to give up today, I swear it! Too many of you folks praying for and pulling for me to let that happen.
LW, we know that you are fighting hard, to banish the demons and ugly thoughts. We know that you are not a quitter, and will win this battle. Sure wish that a bunch of us, could be there in person to watch over you. Since we can't be there in person, we are doing what we can, by watching over you with prayers and good thoughts.

You will not give up!! You will deal with the problems 1 second, 1 minute and 1 hour at a time. People are praying and pulling for you every second of the day.

These are for you sweetie: You get some rest and keep making progress. The GT'ers, will keep sending up the prayers and good thoughts for you.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 19:16   #405
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

LW....more prayers sent your way!

puppy_concentration
Old 09-08-2009, 21:24   #406
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
LW, we know that you are fighting hard, to banish the demons and ugly thoughts. We know that you are not a quitter, and will win this battle. Sure wish that a bunch of us, could be there in person to watch over you. Since we can't be there in person, we are doing what we can, by watching over you with prayers and good thoughts.

You will not give up!! You will deal with the problems 1 second, 1 minute and 1 hour at a time. People are praying and pulling for you every second of the day.

These are for you sweetie: You get some rest and keep making progress. The GT'ers, will keep sending up the prayers and good thoughts for you.
Miss Lone, good thoughts are headed your way every single day from a bunch of us. Have a great day ma'am.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26   #407
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Hi Sweetie,........

Hugs headed your way!
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 17:56   #408
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Somm View Post
Dang folks! There's some good stuff in here and now my eyes seem to have sprung a leak!

LW-
Glad that you're doing much better! I just wanted to check in and let you know that I am also still pulling for ya!

B.

P.S. I wonder if the one "holding your hand" is your fallen friend?
Thanks B. Somm, that means a lot to me. My eyes have sprung a leak many times over. I soaked poor Mandy's fur a bit ago when a nightmare woke me up, so I came in here and re-read part of this thread. Different kind of tears now.

I've considered the possibility that it could be my friend a couple times there was one person that seemed to be in the room with me. But that wouldn't explain the time I saw several.

I mentioned the visions to the doc yesterday and of course he said it's reaction to the drugs. OK doc......... I'll keep listening to you people's ideas about what's happening there.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-09-2009, 18:06   #409
Buki192327

Lone_Wolfe, keep on giving it your best. I know that you are giving it heck, to get thru this. Good thoughts, prayers, encouragement and moral support continue flowing you way. We are all praying for a complete recovery for you, asap.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Old 09-09-2009, 18:23   #410
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Lone_Wolfe, keep on giving it your best. I know that you are giving it heck, to get thru this. Good thoughts, prayers, encouragement and moral support continue flowing you way. We are all praying for a complete recovery for you, asap.

I'm doing just that, giving it my best. Nights like this I still wonder if my best will be good enough. But it's easier than it was. I know that I'll sleep tommorow night even if I don't at all tonight. I just got to figure out these nightmares. That will make all the difference.

Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and moral support. I can feel them over here. Right now it's like I can feel a hand on my shoulder. And it's not Mandy, she'd under the other arm.

and back

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-09-2009, 18:35   #411
engineer151515

Old 09-09-2009, 22:02   #412
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
back

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-10-2009, 02:12   #413
okie
GT Mayor

LW honey here is something for you to dream about

Okie Memorial Area
Old 09-10-2009, 07:49   #414
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
do you have a stuffed ani mal or something to snuggle with over there? I know it sounds childish, but it really helped me for some reason....I've got my lil stuffed dog that was given to me when I was about 2...still sleep with her every now and then when I'm having a bad night....if you don't have anything over there, send me your APO and I'll find something for you....
When I first read this I couldn't believe it was coming from deadday, even though he's been down this road. But it does make some sense, and as I've found out it can make a difference. Zonny sent me the stuffed kitty "Mandy" that I've referred to several times, and I wouldn't want to be without her now. I had another bad night last night and I think I tried to squeeze the stuffing out of her I hugged her so much. I'm going to ruin my poor kitty's fur with saltwater before I'm done, but that's what she's here for.

I sure get some funny looks carrying her to the base hospital every other night, but I also get some jealous looks too. She already has a bit of a fan club at the hospital, too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-10-2009, 08:01   #415
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
You know when I make the comment about not feeling strong I mean it more from a mental standpoint than physical. And because of how long it's taken to recuperate. I’m too damn old for this crap. A younger person could have bounced back a lot quicker than I have. BTW, it's not just folks at the hospital that thought I wouldn't make it. I think the medic that took care of me hates me.
You can be as hard as a rock, but your willingness to fight and live dictates whether you live or don't, ask my momma....it's your will to fight I was talking about. Though you say you have not felt strong, you've pulled through.

Quote:
I partly agree with you about the cause of the nightmares. I have no doubt that contributes. So does the meds I was on until just recently. But 2 shrinks don’t think this is the mail cause and they do have one advantage here. They’ve both heard graphic descriptions of the nightmares. I don’t post the details here because I don’t want to make anyone who might be squeamish uncomfortable, but in this case I think the shrinks are onto something.
Still a good thing, this only means that you have identified a way out! The first step to solving a problem is identifying it, knowing what it is and where it comes from, so, have at it!

Quote:
Part of the frustration I feel is that his coming after me didn’t change anything except to get him killed. He didn’t even get to me. As strange as it sounds I know it would have been easier if he had actually had saved me. I know he wouldn’t want me to be upset or to blame myself, any more than I’d want anyone else to blame themselves if I’d been the one to try to help them. I'm doing better than I was in dealing with this, but I still get hung up on it sometimes. It’s just hard to put it aside. A part of me wonders why anyone would get themselves killed to save me. I’m no one special. But trust me, I’m fighting. Now that I’ve had a couple weeks off all the meds the docs had me on my head is beginning to clear and I think it’s starting to get easier to fight off the darkest thoughts. I do know a lot of that was drug induced, but now I’m wondering just how much of it was.
Obviously he, and we, think you are someone special. I see we're going to have a problem with this. However, it does sound like you're doing much, much better now. I'm glad to see that.

Quote:
Reading about your Mom gave me goose bumps. That is so awesome how she held out and was able see your surrogate. What a strong lady. And what a role model she was! I’m sure she is so proud of you, earrings or no earrings.
She was and is an angel. Still miss her, though. Thanks.

Quote:
I think we have to judge ourselves harder than others. Holding ourselves to a higher standard keeps us in line. Earlier you said that you couldn’t find any posts where I’d written something that either had a hidden meaning or agenda, any evil feelings/motive of any sort. Don’t make me out to be someone I’m not. I’m no saint. Although it’s not usual for me I have posted in anger before. I’ve been in a couple arguments on here. And there are lots of people on here that just plain dislike me. In some of those cases I know why, but other times I don’t. I do try to be nice to people on here and even help when I can. I will say that I’m not evil here or in person. But I really don’t consider myself a hero.
Hold up here, princess, don't confuse anger with evil. Saints do get mad. I've seen your arguments, and I still stand by my original statement. Being a saint does NOT mean being a pushover, those are cowards, and cowards aren't saints...now that I think about it, many people dislike saints due to their own condition, none of your fault. Let them hate, don't you change because of it.

Quote:
I’d love to have more visions (hallucinations ?) like that one I had a few days ago. Last night right as I was falling asleep I thought I felt a hand touch mine but it was so quick I’m not sure. When that stuff they’re using to make me sleep takes over there’s no making it wait while I look around. The thought of having some of you stand by me while I sleep is somehow comforting. I can’t find the words to tell you how much your support means to me. And it is helping, I have no doubt.
And I would love to meet you too.
Glad to know we are of some use to you. We all want you to get well and are rooting for you, all the way.
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:18   #416
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

I love to read your posts. If I was going through this sort of hell I would pray to have someone like you on my side. You and so many on here.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:19   #417
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Had a very sleepless night and got to thinking about you out of the blue. I sure hope you've got some good people watching over you. Wish there was a way for some of us to be there for you but just know that you are in our thoughts MANY times during the day and sometimes when we are suppose to be sleeping.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 13:04   #418
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Had a very sleepless night and got to thinking about you out of the blue. I sure hope you've got some good people watching over you. Wish there was a way for some of us to be there for you but just know that you are in our thoughts MANY times during the day and sometimes when we are suppose to be sleeping.
If you mean medical people looking after me, Iíd say the doc in charge of my case for the past several weeks is probably the best Iíve had so far. Heís the one that got me off all the meds that were screwing me up and even ordered my shrink not to prescribe anything else.

But the people that are really watching over me are right here on this forum. I think you folks are watching over me in spirit. I believe in that sense that you are there for me and itís making a difference. Hope you sleep good tonight. I know that I will.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-10-2009, 17:27   #419
Zonny

Quote:
When I first read this I couldn't believe it was coming from deadday, even though he's been down this road. But it does make some sense, and as I've found out it can make a difference. Zonny sent me the stuffed kitty "Mandy" that I've referred to several times, and I wouldn't want to be without her now. I had another bad night last night and I think I tried to squeeze the stuffing out of her I hugged her so much. I'm going to ruin my poor kitty's fur with saltwater before I'm done, but that's what she's here for.

I sure get some funny looks carrying her to the base hospital every other night, but I also get some jealous looks too. She already has a bit of a fan club at the hospital, too.
I've been wondering after seeing how you're enjoying Mandy and after sharing your story of loaning her to the injured soldier you visited, if there is a need for 'cuddle buddies' in the military hospitals. So many people want to help and send the usual, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, socks etc. It is my understanding that there are boxes upon boxes of this kind of stuff not even touched at some of the FOBs.

I wonder if maybe thinking out of the box, would make a few soldiers happy.
Do you think even the male soldiers would enjoy a fuzzy 'cuddle buddy'?

Is it possible to send boxes to hospitals without using a specific soldier's name?
Old 09-10-2009, 20:37   #420
Buki192327

Quote:
I'm doing just that, giving it my best. Nights like this I still wonder if my best will be good enough. But it's easier than it was. I know that I'll sleep tommorow night even if I don't at all tonight. I just got to figure out these nightmares. That will make all the difference.

Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and moral support. I can feel them over here. Right now it's like I can feel a hand on my shoulder. And it's not Mandy, she'd under the other arm.

and back
LW, I know that you are giving it you best. You are not a quitter, and you will prevail. Your best will be good enough to prevail. You are making progress, as slow as it may be. You just keep giving it your best. We will not let you fail. Myself and the others on GT, will do anything we can to help you succeed. Get some rest, so you will feel better tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I love to read your posts. If I was going through this sort of hell I would pray to have someone like you on my side. You and so many on here.
Thank you for the kind words. I hope that you never have to go through anaything like this. I know that if you were going through something like this, myself and several other GT'ers, would be offering the same type of support to you. I know that yourself and Lone_Wolfe, would be doing the same, for anyone needing the moral support, prayers and encouragement.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Old 09-11-2009, 01:38   #421
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobberchops View Post
LW....more prayers sent your way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hi Sweetie,........

Hugs headed your way!
Thanks for the hugs and prayers guys!

back

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 01:56   #422
okie
GT Mayor

Here's more kisses for ya LW sweetheart
Old 09-11-2009, 02:06   #423
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Here's more kisses for ya LW sweetheart

Thank you okie.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2009, 02:13   #424
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Thank you okie.
Your very welcome honey
Old 09-11-2009, 05:45   #425
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I've been wondering after seeing how you're enjoying Mandy and after sharing your story of loaning her to the injured soldier you visited, if there is a need for 'cuddle buddies' in the military hospitals. So many people want to help and send the usual, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, socks etc. It is my understanding that there are boxes upon boxes of this kind of stuff not even touched at some of the FOBs.

I wonder if maybe thinking out of the box, would make a few soldiers happy.
Do you think even the male soldiers would enjoy a fuzzy 'cuddle buddy'?

Is it possible to send boxes to hospitals without using a specific soldier's name?
Zonny, thatís a really nice idea and I think you may be on to something. But you may not want to have them sent here, but instead to places like Walter Reed, Rammstein, Trippler. The reason I say that is injured soldiers donít stay here. They get medevaced back as soon as possible most of the time. Iím an exception because the Army had the bright idea to try rehabbing a few ďKeyboard RangerĒ types in the field. Iíve been told they only tried a few gave up on the idea and guess who is a big part of it being declared a failure.

So the people that have to spend any length of time in the hospital will be out of here. I donít know if the stateside hospitals have stuffed critters available. Maybe deadday will fill in that block.

Yes, I think both men and women will enjoy them and it is possible to address a box to ďAny SoldierĒ. Just make sure the contents of the box are clearly marked so it isnít given to someone who would rather have that box of pogey bait.

I will say that having my kitty to cuddle especially when I wake crying from a nightmare or just get really down does seem to help. It's hard to explain why, but deadday was right.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!