Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:02   #2876
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I'm trying my dear. I hope to do better today. You had a lousy day yesterday. It is behind you now, you are talking to us and that means you won. If I knew it wouldn't hurt you I'd pick you up and swing you around. The butt whuppin Miss Silent_Runner would give me for doing so would be epic.
Yeah, you can say that again. And the downside to not getting any sleep is that today is really just an extension of yesterday, so it's not behind me like it might be otherwise. I may need to stay away from here again today.

But it does sound like you're glad I'm still around so maybe I need to try to stay that way for another day..... Even is just to watch Silent_Runner apply that butt-whoop....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20   #2877
23skidoo
Deceased

You had better believe I am glad you are still around. Please keep talking.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:28   #2878
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

LW,

I'm more sorry than I can say about your day yesterday, and lack of sleep. I'll keep praying.

As far as your psycho terrorist, I'm wondering if part of your latest problems with her are coming from the feeling that you'll get a new one soon. I know you don't really trust her, but she's pushed some areas before.

The idea that you won't have to put up with her much longer MAY just be enough so that when she pushes, you just give in to the feeling of wanting to push back.

There are reasons she pushes, and you know what they are. So keep trying to work with her as best you can.

In answer to your other question, yes, I'm glad you're still around.

Have you got any idea how time consuming it is to raise someone from the dead, then beating them to death for dying????

Love, prayers, lots of gentle , and cradling you in my arms as you (try to) sleep.

Hawk

Last edited by Brown Hawk; 03-01-2010 at 05:30..
Brown Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18   #2879
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
You had better believe I am glad you are still around. Please keep talking.
23skidoo is speaking the truth here Wolfe. We do want you around and you need to come in here and get some of what has been troubling you off your chest. Yes I meant to make that pun so laugh about it.

You need not worry about Brown Hawk. I see he came in here and has taken his nice pill today. But he is right about how time consuming it would be for us to revive you just so we can kill you again.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo

Last edited by Silent_Runner; 03-01-2010 at 09:21..
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:39   #2880
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Brown Hawk, I'll tell you my shrink's opinion on why I'm getting nowhere with her tommorow. Slightly different from your's but I think both may be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I'm sorry for the bad day.
Thanks Bob. It was actually 2 days, but thanksfully it'll be over in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
<< thinks the same

Thank you. back, my prince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
I'm here for you tonight and every night dear

:hugs hugs:

Quote:
You had better believe I am glad you are still around. Please keep talking. : hugs:
I'd miss you too if I wasn't here anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
23skidoo is speaking the truth here Wolfe. We do want you around and you need to come in here and get some of what has been troubling you off your chest. Yes I meant to make that pun so laugh about it.

You need not worry about Brown Hawk. I see he came in here and has taken his nice pill today.: rofl: But he is right about how time consuming it would be for us to revive you just so we can kill you again.: whistling:
I'll try to talk a little more tommorow. Don't have time tonight, I got to split for the hospital now. BTW, I'd like to get my chest off my chest. Any chance I could trade it in on a new one?

BTW, I think you would enjoy the part where you kill me again!

Nite everyone!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-01-2010, 13:55   #2881
okie
GT Mayor

okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 14:32   #2882
BobInTX

While she's out cold, I invite all of you friends/admirers of Lone Wolfe to join me in leaving our prayer (or wish, if you prefer) for one thing you would like to see happen for Lone Wolfe so when she wakes up tomorrow she can see them.

I'll start:

I pray that Lone Wolfe can soon sleep 8 hours without anesthesia and without nightmares.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 17:34   #2883
engineer151515

I pray for her relief from pain - of both the body and the heart. That her life become more a matter of living, than of survival.
Old 03-01-2010, 23:29   #2884
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
:hugs :

and 's back

Thank you engineer and Bob. I sure hope your prayers come true.
I've prayed for both myself.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-01-2010, 23:38   #2885
23skidoo
Deceased

Good morning sweetheart! I hope you have a great day! Gentle ones as always.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:27   #2886
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

From me and the cats
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:58   #2887
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Thank you engineer and Bob. I sure hope your prayers come true.
I've prayed for both myself.
Keep the faith. It's going to happen.

Did you get some rest last night?

Last edited by BobInTX; 03-02-2010 at 07:59..
Old 03-02-2010, 09:56   #2888
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
While she's out cold, I invite all of you friends/admirers of Lone Wolfe to join me in leaving our prayer (or wish, if you prefer) for one thing you would like to see happen for Lone Wolfe so when she wakes up tomorrow she can see them.

I'll start:

I pray that Lone Wolfe can soon sleep 8 hours without anesthesia and without nightmares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I pray for her relief from pain - of both the body and the heart. That her life become more a matter of living, than of survival.
Those are both excellent prayers and I pray they both happen. My prayers is that Wolfe can make a complete physical recovery and be free of the guilt and emotional pain that torments her.

Wolfe how are you feeling? I got your email when you got back from the hospital and I hope you really are breathing OK. I add another prayer these these episodes of respiratory distress lessen and stop happening soon.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:06   #2889
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Those are both excellent prayers and I pray they both happen. My prayers is that Wolfe can make a complete physical recovery and be free of the guilt and emotional pain that torments her.

Wolfe how are you feeling? I got your email when you got back from the hospital and I hope you really are breathing OK. I add another prayer these these episodes of respiratory distress lessen and stop happening soon.
Thank you, my friend. My prayer for you is that you kick whatever is dragging you down even though you try to hide it from me.

I'm feeling better, still stoned from the meds they gave me. This attack wasn't as bad as the ones I had while I was on the Oxy, but it was the worst one I've had since I got back. Luckily it came on slow enough I was able to get to the hospital OK.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-02-2010, 12:09   #2890
23skidoo
Deceased

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Sleep well tonight my dear.
Old 03-02-2010, 13:46   #2891
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
I've missed you, glad to see you're back and doing well.

I don't know about going strong, but I'm still going... Taking Buki's advice about a day, an hour....
If you're still going, you're going strong, no doubt about that. You know, that's very sound advice for anyone, because you can work hard towards something for years on end, just to see it torn down due to someone else's decision. You're doing a great thing.
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 14:09   #2892
okie
GT Mayor

okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 14:14   #2893
BobInTX

So, Wolfe, I hear they are going to watch you sleep on Thursday night?
Old 03-02-2010, 14:23   #2894
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
So, Wolfe, I hear they are going to watch you sleep on Thursday night?
Heh, yeah, barring anything ELSE going wrong.

I saw the medic this morning, she seems mostly over the crud. Cross your fingers.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-02-2010, 17:36   #2895
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
: smootchie:: hugs:
Hey okie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
If you're still going, you're going strong, no doubt about that. You know, that's very sound advice for anyone, because you can work hard towards something for years on end, just to see it torn down due to someone else's decision. You're doing a great thing.
Well, those Afghani ****stains haven't beat me yet, although I must say there's been many time I thought they would. But letting them win just wouldn't be right. Too many people did too much to keep me here.

Quote:
I'm so glad you're feeling better. Sleep well tonight my dear.
Thank you. Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
From me and the cats
back from me to you and the cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
LW,

I'm more sorry than I can say about your day yesterday, and lack of sleep. I'll keep praying.

As far as your psycho terrorist, I'm wondering if part of your latest problems with her are coming from the feeling that you'll get a new one soon. I know you don't really trust her, but she's pushed some areas before.

The idea that you won't have to put up with her much longer MAY just be enough so that when she pushes, you just give in to the feeling of wanting to push back.

There are reasons she pushes, and you know what they are. So keep trying to work with her as best you can.

In answer to your other question, yes, I'm glad you're still around.

Have you got any idea how time consuming it is to raise someone from the dead, then beating them to death for dying???? : tongueout:: rofl:

Love, prayers, lots of gentle , and cradling you in my arms as you (try to) sleep.

Hawk
Hawk, my shrink had a slightly different theory. She said that in the times shes worked with me weve made progress then something has gone wrong and Id be back where I started. She compared it to when a person gets the same antibiotic over and over and they develop a resistance to it. According to her Ive become resistant to her way of trying to drag it out of me even though I dont mean to be. Her idea on that make sense too. Maybe youre both right.

I just have to wonder, if youre going to beat me to death why bother to revive me? Why not just leave me dead? You know, easier for all of us..

Quote:
You tell her I said that's her job and to quit meowing about it.

It's 1:40 there, isn't it? Maybe you can get a few z's in. You tell those bad guys in your dream to quieten down. You're trying to get some sleep over here! If only, huh.
I got this in a PM a little while ago and it made me chuckle so I thought I'd share it. The sender had asked how Mandy was since I haven't posted pics lately and I answered that she was pissed at me because I'd watered her earlier when I had a nightmare before I was even completely asleep. Haha, wish the bad guys would listen....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-02-2010, 22:29   #2896
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Hey okie

Well, those Afghani ****stains haven't beat me yet, although I must say there's been many time I thought they would. But letting them win just wouldn't be right. Too many people did too much to keep me here.

Thank you. Sleep? What's that?

back from me to you and the cats

Hawk, my shrink had a slightly different theory. She said that in the times shes worked with me weve made progress then something has gone wrong and Id be back where I started. She compared it to when a person gets the same antibiotic over and over and they develop a resistance to it. According to her Ive become resistant to her way of trying to drag it out of me even though I dont mean to be. Her idea on that make sense too. Maybe youre both right.

I just have to wonder, if youre going to beat me to death why bother to revive me? Why not just leave me dead? You know, easier for all of us..

I got this in a PM a little while ago and it made me chuckle so I thought I'd share it. The sender had asked how Mandy was since I haven't posted pics lately and I answered that she was pissed at me because I'd watered her earlier when I had a nightmare before I was even completely asleep. Haha, wish the bad guys would listen....

Hoping for you to have a good day doesn't seem to be getting it done anymore does it? I hope this day blows chunks. You know that's not what I wish for, I'm trying to fake the little @#$%^& out.

Gentle ones my dear as always.
Old 03-03-2010, 00:42   #2897
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hoping for you to have a good day doesn't seem to be getting it done anymore does it? I hope this day blows chunks. You know that's not what I wish for, I'm trying to fake the little @#$%^& out.

Gentle ones my dear as always.

Well, let's see how well that works. So far today's been uneventful. Got showered and got my daily server stuff done. Weather's OK (for now), cool but sunny. I don't hurt much beyond my normal level of pain, but my physical terrorist will make up for that later.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-03-2010, 00:46   #2898
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Well, let's see how well that works. So far today's been uneventful. Got showered and got my daily server stuff done. Weather's OK (for now), cool but sunny. I don't hurt much beyond my normal level of pain, but my physical terrorist will make up for that later.

Maybe your physical terrorist will call in sick. These are still gentle my dear.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17   #2899
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Maybe your physical terrorist will call in sick. These are still gentle my dear.
No such luck, he did his usual series of tortures..... err, I mean exercises on me. Truth is he wouldn't be doing me a favor by skipping out on any sessions because the longer this takes to heal, the less complete the healing is likely to be. I'm already way behind where I should be and it already has affected my prognosis for down the road. I don't want to lose any more ground than I already have so I'll take the torture for now.

But owwwwwwww, damn, that hurts!

Glad those are gentle.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-03-2010, 05:55   #2900
engineer151515

Posted with permission.

Quote:

According to her I’ve become resistant to her way of trying to drag it out of me even though I don’t mean to be. ......

Is it that you have trouble talking about the incident, or how you feel about the consequences of the incident?

You did travel in pain - half way around the world and back - for this help. That, in itself, was a superhuman feat to accomplish. From an outsider looking in, I would think that somebody who went through that much pain, that much travel, to get to assistance would want to tell her story.

You came a long way to let it go.

Maybe it would be easier to write it down? Sometimes you can write in a journal what you cannot speak. I realize a medical professional would want to interact with you more than that, but small steps lead to big steps and your psychiatrist would understand that.

<<< Not a psychiatrist or medical professional.
Forgive my ignorance and forgive me for asking.
Sometimes as an engineer, us mechanical geeks forget that we cannot treat people like machines and wrench on them to fix what we think is wrong. If the question is too personal, I would totally understand and I'll not inquire again. The last thing I'm trying to do is to make your day any harder than it already is.

Last edited by engineer151515; 03-03-2010 at 06:44..
engineer151515 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!