Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2010, 23:49   #2576
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thanks okie.

Looks like I'm up for a while too. I'm sooo tired I thought maybe I could sleep, and got a couple hours, but the nightmares had other ideas.

I'm here sweetheart if you'd like to talk.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:33   #2577
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Okie is one KooL Cat
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:13   #2578
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
What's wrong Geeorge?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 17:25   #2579
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Yes.

<<< will catch some Mardi Gras beads for LW.

Just tell me where to send them.
You're going to the Mardi Gras? I'm jealous, but not of the crowds. I'm doing my own version of Mardi Gras tonight, I'm getting drunk.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-06-2010, 17:33   #2580
engineer151515

Quote:
You're going to the Mardi Gras? I'm jealous, but not of the crowds. I'm doing my own version of Mardi Gras tonight, I'm getting drunk.
Well, Mardi Gras rather comes to me.

I live one block over from a parade route in these parts.
Old 02-06-2010, 18:32   #2581
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Quote:
What's wrong Geeorge?
Just wondering if you was paying attention

had to shovel out my driveway after getting home from work at 6am,8inches of that nasty white stuff

Okie is one KooL Cat
Old 02-07-2010, 04:39   #2582
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Just wondering if you was paying attention

had to shovel out my driveway after getting home from work at 6am,8inches of that nasty white stuff
Of course I was paying attention to you.

Nasty snow, I don't want to see that stuff, except in pics.... I'd offer to help you shovel it if I could.

Quote:
Words have meaning. Think of how many people visit your thread every single day just to let you know they're thinking of you. That's a groundswell of support for you from folks who haven't had the opportunity to spend time with you, who realize you're a humorous, driven, special, lovely lady who risked life and limb in the service of her country and damn near had her ticket punched.

I've been mulling over how to say this for quite some time and thought others were saying it better in your thread plus I was worried it would bring you to tears which is never my intent. I suspect Greg was a little like me. He felt protective of a lady. He saw you get shot and went after you to protect you. It was fate that chose who lived that day and who died. He wasn't trying to impress anybody he was doing what comes natural for a man who respects a lady.

You deserve that respect. I know his decision has caused you great pain but it was his decision to make. He gave you the gift of your life. Please accept that gift in the spirit it was given. Honor him, praise him, but don't wish to trade places with him. I think he would be upset with you to learn that has been your desire at times. Ask yourself this. Had the situation been reversed. Greg had been shot and you instincively went to him with the same outcome, would you not have wanted Greg to live his life to the fullest? Accept his gift to you, keep a special place in your heart for him, and honor his sacrifice by living your life out as a decent caring human being. Show the world that you are worthy of Greg's gift as I and many others know you to be.
This was sent to me privately and for that reason I’m keeping the author’s identity to myself and I hope he isn’t upset that I paste it in here. I’m doing it because I want some feedback, I wonder if I’m off base with my thoughts on this..

I’ve been letting this stew for a few days in my pre-sentient lizard brain and have a few (in)coherent thoughts on this.
The thought of Greg doing what he did just because I’m a woman bothers me more that thinking he would have done this for anyone, man or woman. I’ve often heard the opinion that women shouldn’t be in combat. Now I was never in a combat MOS, but I found myself in a combat situation simply by asking for and getting the OK to ride in a convoy. When the MRAP I was riding in was disabled by an IED I was told to stay down, along with a man who was older than me and outranked me, and was also a non-combat MOS. That was Greg. Several young infantry types jumped out of the vehicles to form a perimeter to protect the two of us as we ran from one MRAP to another. When I was hit at first the only reaction was that our side started shooting too. In the time I was conscious which was close to a half minute no one came out to me, thankfully. Greg, the medic, etc stayed behind cover. I don’t guess I’ll ever really know what made him decide to blow that cover.

I just sit here and wonder why sometimes and so often wish he’d just stayed down and let what was meant to be happen. Maybe the fire fight would have ended in time for the medic to be able to help me, maybe not. I just wonder how Greg would have felt if the situation had been reversed if a woman died trying to save him. He didn't come across like that mattered, but I only talked to him for 3-4 hours total, so I could be wrong.

It’s easier to think of finding a way to honor him and what he did than it is to do right now, but I’m looking toward that goal. It would be wrong for me to do anything but. Just like it would be wrong to throw away all the help given to me in here. Yeah, I guess he would be upset to hear the things I’ve thought and said. I wonder if he would say them too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 02-07-2010 at 04:43.. Reason: I can't spell
Old 02-07-2010, 06:34   #2583
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Iíve been letting this stew for a few days in my pre-sentient lizard brain and have a few (in)coherent thoughts on this.
The thought of Greg doing what he did just because Iím a woman bothers me more that thinking he would have done this for anyone, man or woman. To be honest, I dismissed this as a possibility a long time ago, going by your description of the timeline. It's still my opinion that something else triggered his move, the top possibility of which is bullets landing close to you. Iíve often heard the opinion that women shouldnít be in combat. Now I was never in a combat MOS, but I found myself in a combat situation simply by asking for and getting the OK to ride in a convoy. When the MRAP I was riding in was disabled by an IED I was told to stay down, along with a man who was older than me and outranked me, and was also a non-combat MOS. That was Greg. Several young infantry types jumped out of the vehicles to form a perimeter to protect the two of us as we ran from one MRAP to another. When I was hit at first the only reaction was that our side started shooting too. In the time I was conscious which was close to a half minute no one came out to me, thankfully. Greg, the medic, etc stayed behind cover. I donít guess Iíll ever really know what made him decide to blow that cover.

I just sit here and wonder why sometimes and so often wish heíd just stayed down and let what was meant to be happen. Maybe the fire fight would have ended in time for the medic to be able to help me, maybe not. I just wonder how Greg would have felt if the situation had been reversed if a woman died trying to save him. He didn't come across like that mattered, but I only talked to him for 3-4 hours total, so I could be wrong.

Itís easier to think of finding a way to honor him and what he did than it is to do right now, but Iím looking toward that goal. It would be wrong for me to do anything but. Just like it would be wrong to throw away all the help given to me in here. Yeah, I guess he would be upset to hear the things Iíve thought and said. I wonder if he would say them too.
The best way to honor those who died is to live, heal, move on with your life, and at times, share. As you've said before, if the positions had been reversed, that's what you would have liked Greg to do, plus maybe hoist a beer occasionally. And going from your descriptions of him, I think that that is what he'd want.

And again, you're forgetting the good you've done in this thread for people, as if this isn't a part of your life and can't be counted. Yeah, you've gotten a lot of support, but you have also given a lot. And some of the best is the example of your openness in discussing what happened, your problems, and your struggles. More than anything else, that example has helped and will help people.

Because people having problems tend to keep them bottled up, and your example of opening up helps them open up - probably not on the internet, but to friends, doctors, etc. There are over a hundred pages here showing people helping, opening up themselves, helping you and others, finding little things like heating pads and kittens that will help someone hurting.

You will never know how many lives this thread has helped and improved, because some of the people it has helped have never even seen the thread. Like ripples in a pond. You say that you don't say everything, but you don't need to. What you have said is enough to have people helping you and others. It has kept this thread going, touching others in ways you can't conceive, simply because you are continuing to live your life and are sharing the struggles that that entails.

Love, prayers, lots of gentle , and cradling you as you sleep.

Hawk
Old 02-07-2010, 06:53   #2584
engineer151515

Quote:

The thought of Greg doing what he did just because Iím a woman bothers me more that thinking he would have done this for anyone, man or woman....
I do not have an answer. Instead, I offer this for Sunday morning.

Quote:
God,
Grant me the serenity;
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage, to change the things I can;
And the wisdom, to know the difference.
It is an admission that an answer may not be available. And a prayer for strength to move ahead with that knowledge in mind.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:45   #2585
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Got the shoveling thing down,I enjoy chucking it as far as I can.

I'd let you sit inside in the upstairs window with the cats and watch,ladies don't get to shovel at my house

You would be busy enough shoveling away all my BS

Okie is one KooL Cat
Old 02-07-2010, 10:46   #2586
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Forgot,sorry

Okie is one KooL Cat
Old 02-07-2010, 11:10   #2587
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
The thought of Greg doing what he did just because Iím a woman bothers me more that thinking he would have done this for anyone, man or woman. ...
I commented on this earlier, but was running out of time to elaborate.

That kind of reaction is a gut reaction, and with the two of you running to safety, I have always thought that he would have turned on a dime and tried to get you then. He didn't do that. He went to cover where his training and reason told him that he and the others had the best chance of defeating the ambush and then getting you to safety.

I think that whatever sent him out would have sent him out for anyone in that situation, for that is the type of man you have described.

Love, prayers, lots of gentle and cradling you as you sleep.

Hawk
Old 02-07-2010, 12:18   #2588
Buki192327

Hi LW!!!!

Sorry I have been missing in action lately. They have been working me worse than a dog. The had to battle a foot of snow to get out to go to work yesterday. Just glad there wasn't more snow, and wasn't much ice. I know that is not your type of weather.

Prayers are continuing for your well being and continued healing, my friend.

for you.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 15:02   #2589
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Got the shoveling thing down,I enjoy chucking it as far as I can.

I'd let you sit inside in the upstairs window with the cats and watch,ladies don't get to shovel at my house

You would be busy enough shoveling away all my BS
What a gentleman! Well I would do my assigned job of rubbing the cats very well, I assure you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
Hi LW!!!!

Sorry I have been missing in action lately. They have been working me worse than a dog. The had to battle a foot of snow to get out to go to work yesterday. Just glad there wasn't more snow, and wasn't much ice. I know that is not your type of weather.

Prayers are continuing for your well being and continued healing, my friend.

: kiss: for you.
Sorry to hear they been abusing you at work, but at least you've got work.

The snow, Ugh!!! No, I wouldn't be able to stay up there now. Maybe I'll get back some tolerance in a couple years.. back at ya

I'm staying busy today, sorting through boxes picking out the stuff I want to get rid of. A friend who's getting what I don't want is here doing all the lifting and pulling, tugging, etc. Seems like a fair deal to me....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-07-2010, 15:22   #2590
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
The best way to honor those who died is to live, heal, move on with your life, and at times, share. As you've said before, if the positions had been reversed, that's what you would have liked Greg to do, plus maybe hoist a beer occasionally. And going from your descriptions of him, I think that that is what he'd want.

And again, you're forgetting the good you've done in this thread for people, as if this isn't a part of your life and can't be counted. Yeah, you've gotten a lot of support, but you have also given a lot. And some of the best is the example of your openness in discussing what happened, your problems, and your struggles. More than anything else, that example has helped and will help people.

Because people having problems tend to keep them bottled up, and your example of opening up helps them open up - probably not on the internet, but to friends, doctors, etc. There are over a hundred pages here showing people helping, opening up themselves, helping you and others, finding little things like heating pads and kittens that will help someone hurting.

You will never know how many lives this thread has helped and improved, because some of the people it has helped have never even seen the thread. Like ripples in a pond. You say that you don't say everything, but you don't need to. What you have said is enough to have people helping you and others. It has kept this thread going, touching others in ways you can't conceive, simply because you are continuing to live your life and are sharing the struggles that that entails.

Love, prayers, lots of gentle , and cradling you as you sleep.

Hawk
Truth is invaluable, but words of wisdom such as this even more so.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
skorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 17:50   #2591
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
Truth is invaluable, but words of wisdom such as this even more so.
It's certainly something to think about, which I'll be doing later. Kinda busy still, which is good. Cranky and distracted is better than the usual demons.

Hiya Skorper, how ya doing?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-07-2010, 19:43   #2592
sawgrass

I wish your cranky behind was here sorting through sh**,stuff.

So, I'm wondering, is that skorper in his avatar?

Wolfe, how about this game. I'm pulling for the Saints, just for you.
I wish the Vikings were beating the Colts, but oh well.
I'm pretty sure I've been disappointed more by the Vikes, than
all of my friends and lovers put together.

Thinking about you. BALANCE...
Sawgrass

OK, 40 seconds to go. YEA SAINTS!!!!

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-07-2010 at 19:44.. Reason: saints
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 20:00   #2593
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
It's certainly something to think about, which I'll be doing later. Kinda busy still, which is good. Cranky and distracted is better than the usual demons.

Hiya Skorper, how ya doing?
I'm fine, thanks for asking! How are you?

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
skorper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 21:13   #2594
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
I'm fine, thanks for asking! How are you?
Same as I was earlier, but now I'm glad the Saints won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I wish your cranky behind was here sorting through sh**,stuff.

So, I'm wondering, is that skorper in his avatar?

Wolfe, how about this game. I'm pulling for the Saints, just for you.
I wish the Vikings were beating the Colts, but oh well.
I'm pretty sure I've been disappointed more by the Vikes, than
all of my friends and lovers put together.

Thinking about you. BALANCE...
Sawgrass

OK, 40 seconds to go. YEA SAINTS!!!!
I'm not so sure you'd want me there, I've gone without decent sleep for so long I'm pretty delerious by now. Not to mention cranky. Hey, at least I got to see the last quarter of the Superbowl.

So what's the Balance point?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-07-2010, 21:18   #2595
sawgrass

Balance..., preaching to you, listening for me.
Life..., what can we take, how far should we push it?
Wolfe, we have one body.

PM sent, maybe...

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-07-2010 at 21:32..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 00:14   #2596
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Balance..., preaching to you, listening for me.
Life..., what can we take, how far should we push it?
Wolfe, we have one body.

PM sent, maybe...
One body.... Wish I could ask for a new one.

PM not received.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-08-2010, 00:18   #2597
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
May the Puvia guard your rest and drive the nightmares away.....

Okie Memorial Area

And, if you can't sleep, pop in a good DVD and fix some popcorn.....

Okie Memorial Area

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:28   #2598
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Cool pics, Scott. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Well, Mardi Gras rather comes to me.

I live one block over from a parade route in these parts.

I do not have an answer. Instead, I offer this for Sunday morning.

It is an admission that an answer may not be available. And a prayer for strength to move ahead with that knowledge in mind.
I'll bet it got noisy there this evening. That party's probably still going on.

That's something I pray for that has eluded me so far.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-08-2010, 03:44   #2599
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Cool pics, Scott. Thank you.

I'll bet it got noisy there this evening. That party's probably still going on.

That's something I pray for that has eluded me so far.
You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:46   #2600
GlockerMike
God Help Us

Wish I had a way with words for ya. Here are some pics to distract you anyway..............

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area
GlockerMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!