Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2009, 22:17   #2021
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Not to worry my friend. All is well...Miss "A" is in fact, in the States. She is at Ft. Lewis, working with the new teams replacing them. She will return in time for the big "pack-up" to come home.

I read your posts daily. So much good advice and info, there is no need for me to post. Besides, I'm not sure I could get a word in edgewise and I'm not sure I should disturb you and Okie

Truthfully, I'm working 2 jobs as I transition from one to the next. It's been kinda tough. My posting time is becoming less & less.

This is not to say that I don't think of you often, worry about you and appreciate you for what you have done. Don't for one minute think you gonna lose your 'other mother'

BTW I've yet to see it but word has it, People Magazine has a two page spread of soldiers lost this year in it's "Best of 2009" edition. Do you have access to one? If you would like one, I will send it to you.
Hey Zonny! First off, Iím happy to hear that Ms A. is safely in the US, that she didnít pull a Lone_Wolfe (credit Zombie Steve with coining that phrase) Thatís one prayer answered. BTW, did you ever tell her about mandy?

Donít feel like anything you say would be lost in the crowd. Far from it, actually. Iíve missed your words of wisdom and kindness. But I sure understand the job situation, Iíve been there myself. I hope youíre moving up to a better job and it works out well for you. Will you have time to visit when I get there? I really want to meet my ďMommyĒ. Oh and donít worry about disturbing okie, heís a sweetie, but if you say the ďMĒ word heíll run for the hills. Maybe Geeorge or 23skidoo will stick around.

You may appreciate me, but thatís a two-way street! Iíd love one of that magazine, but I think itís time to stop having anything sent over here. Iím due back in the US NLT the end of the first week of February. I donít yet know my departure date, but itís coming up fairly soon now. I just got something today that I ordered the day after Thanksgiving. Maybe hold onto it until I get there?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 00:00   #2022
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

20 seconds is just a start

call when you are ready

Last edited by Geeorge; 12-30-2009 at 10:21..
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 00:57   #2023
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Hey Zonny! First off, Iím happy to hear that Ms A. is safely in the US, that she didnít pull a Lone_Wolfe (credit Zombie Steve with coining that phrase) Thatís one prayer answered. BTW, did you ever tell her about mandy?

Donít feel like anything you say would be lost in the crowd. Far from it, actually. Iíve missed your words of wisdom and kindness. But I sure understand the job situation, Iíve been there myself. I hope youíre moving up to a better job and it works out well for you. Will you have time to visit when I get there? I really want to meet my ďMommyĒ. Oh and donít worry about disturbing okie, heís a sweetie, but if you say the ďMĒ word heíll run for the hills. Maybe Geeorge or 23skidoo will stick around.

You may appreciate me, but thatís a two-way street! Iíd love one of that magazine, but I think itís time to stop having anything sent over here. Iím due back in the US NLT the end of the first week of February. I donít yet know my departure date, but itís coming up fairly soon now. I just got something today that I ordered the day after Thanksgiving. Maybe hold onto it until I get there?
Miss Lone_; if I'm running for the hills, someone with a gun is chasing me and mine is either jammed or empty. I'm in for the long haul.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:35   #2024
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Some hugs also
I need some of these today. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Okie Memorial Area : wavey:
Way tooooo cute! Thank you!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-30-2009, 03:55   #2025
tbhracing

Just checking in....Wow there is so much reading I have to do here.
tbhracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:43   #2026
Zonny

Quote:

Of course we will have time to meet!! What are your plans? You can stay here if need be. Miss A will be back the 2nd week I believe. Like you, no definite dates.

I did not tell her about Mandy. If you remember, and I'm sure you do, her leave time was an emotional one. We kept it light and paid a lot of attention to her needs and I did not want to share your story as I knew, that she would know, it was one more 'worry' that I was dealing with. Oddly, she worries about me more than herself I think. When you girls get together, you can 'swap war stories'

I will pick you up a magazine today. I had to re-cycle a coffee filter this AM so a trip to the store is most assuredly on my agenda.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:49   #2027
Buki192327

Hi LW!!!!

You do not realize how much you are doing for us. It is greatly appreciated. I know that, what we are doing, is small in realtionship, to what you are doing for us. What we are doing for you seems small in comparison, to what you are doing.

Also, quickly to Zonny, please tell Miss A, how much I appreciate what she is doing also. May she continue to be safe.

Lone_Wolfe, continue to be safe, and may 2010 be a much better year for you!!

and prayers for you.

Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:22   #2028
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Happy wednesday dear

Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:42   #2029
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
. Thatís enough to make me think I need to shoot myself over here and tell the Army not to ship me back to the States. That way you canít do anything to me or bury me at the South Pole. Damn, itís cold there, youíre just cruel. :crying
:
STOP EVEN THINKING ABOUT THAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Now that I think about it, after we get done beating her to death, we should bury her at the South Pole, it gets lots colder there! That'll teach her to die on us!!

On the other hand, if she keeps her New Year's Resolution, we won't have to ruin our Louisville Sluggers. This has got my vote.

Heck, it's even got my 762 (and counting) ACORN votes!

Hawk
Brown Hawk, when I said I would revive her just so I could kill here again the cause of death was not limited to her being shot again although that would upset me greatly. If she dies in a bombing or by any other cause I plan to do the same thing. You are still very welcome to help. I do think I said it first however because I told her that the day she agreed to deploy. I also said a few other things it would probably be best if I didnít repeat here.

Quote:
As for acting like a wounded animal, gee whiz! You're acting NORMAL again (for the condition you're in.) The fact that you recognize it and are able to control it, (yes, not coming here in that mood is a sign that you are controlling it,) is proof that you are healing and progressing.

I know that healing is going WWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too slow for you, but we, who are not so involved, can see the progress. And your openness has allowed some of us here to give you encouragement, which I think has helped that healing.

Hawk
Listen to Brown Hawk here please. I know the last few days felt like curling up in a corner swatting anyone who comes near you. But please think about how much this is helping you and open back up. We all need to see you posting at least something but if you really start talking again you can let your friends here help you heal.

Zonny it's good to see you again and hear your daughter is home and safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:15   #2030
engineer151515

Old 12-30-2009, 11:17   #2031
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Polar Bears advised warmer is good.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
G33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:58   #2032
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

I know that you're sensitive on the subject because of the past, but it's obvious she's making a joke here. And believe it or not, that kind of joke can actually help her mental attitude and move her further along in healing. Off limits signs gather more attention than welcome mats.

That kind of comment used to be fairly common until the psycho docs got us to be hypersensitive. Sometimes it is a warning. Sometimes it's just a joke.

I suspect that you still have raw nerves from what she put you through, so I can understand.

And I think that most here don't realize how much you did for LW when all of this started. I know I don't, but I thank you for standing beside your then, and our now, friend. Thank you for all you have done, and continue to do for her. It hasn't been easy for you, and you have put forth so much of yourself to continue helping her, even when it didn't seem to do any good.

Friends like you don't happen often. I'm glad that LW had one when she most needed it.

Thank you again,

Hawk
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02   #2033
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Brown Hawk, when I said I would revive her just so I could kill here again the cause of death was not limited to her being shot again although that would upset me greatly. If she dies in a bombing or by any other cause I plan to do the same thing. You are still very welcome to help. I do think I said it first however because I told her that the day she agreed to deploy. I also said a few other things it would probably be best if I didnít repeat here.

Always willing to help a friend! Besides, I meant the same thing!

You want to PM me specs on what size of Louiville Slugger you want me to turn for you?

Hawk
Old 12-30-2009, 14:05   #2034
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Oh, thank you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
: supergrin:
Polar Bears advised warmer is good.
Smart Polar Bears! Cold hurts! And it's getting cold and damp again tonight.

Quote:

Brown Hawk, when I said I would revive her just so I could kill here again the cause of death was not limited to her being shot again although that would upset me greatly. If she dies in a bombing or by any other cause I plan to do the same thing. You are still very welcome to help.: supergrin: I do think I said it first however because I told her that the day she agreed to deploy. I also said a few other things it would probably be best if I didnít repeat here.

Listen to Brown Hawk here please. I know the last few days felt like curling up in a corner swatting anyone who comes near you. But please think about how much this is helping you and open back up. We all need to see you posting at least something but if you really start talking again you can let your friends here help you heal.
:
So what are you going to do if I go back to the States and get run over by a car and killed? Or robbed andÖ oh never mind, you already said I canít get shot again, but you get the idea.

You try to stop thinking stuff like that when you hurt for a year non-stop.

You guys are right but I canít make myself talk right now. Curled up in a corner lashing at anyone who comes near seems like a good description right now. Canít help myself. Unless they want to hug, then theyíre OK.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-30-2009, 15:05   #2035
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

So what are you going to do if I go back to the States and get run over by a car and killed? Or robbed andÖ oh never mind, you already said I canít get shot again, but you get the idea.

Promises only go for over there. However, if somebody does something to you over here, Okie, Geeorge, Zonny, MB and a few others will probably have a few kind and loving words with the perps.

Personally, I'd rather have an unarmed discussion with a POed rhino who is having a bad hair day.

You try to stop thinking stuff like that when you hurt for a year non-stop.

You guys are right but I canít make myself talk right now. Curled up in a corner lashing at anyone who comes near seems like a good description right now. Canít help myself. Unless they want to hug, then theyíre OK.
You're allowed. That is also part of the healing process. But these days, it seems to be brought on by bad weather that drives up your pain.

Maybe battery-powered warming socks on your chest when you can't use the heating pad. Sounds stupid, but if it works, it works.

Love, prayers, lots of gentle , and (mentally) cradling you as you sleep.

Hawk
Old 12-30-2009, 16:08   #2036
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhracing View Post
Just checking in....Wow there is so much reading I have to do here.
Skip that, just look at the pictures.... haha... lots of Mandys in here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Happy wednesday dear

: wavey:

: hugs:
Hey Geeorge. I always love to see you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Of course we will have time to meet!! What are your plans? You can stay here if need be. Miss A will be back the 2nd week I believe. Like you, no definite dates.

I did not tell her about Mandy. If you remember, and I'm sure you do, her leave time was an emotional one. We kept it light and paid a lot of attention to her needs and I did not want to share your story as I knew, that she would know, it was one more 'worry' that I was dealing with. Oddly, she worries about me more than herself I think. When you girls get together, you can 'swap war stories'

I will pick you up a magazine today. I had to re-cycle a coffee filter : shocked: this AM so a trip to the store is most assuredly on my agenda.
My plans arenít set in stone, but Iím told Iíll be in Phoenix for about 4-6 days. Then I have to report to Ft. Benning. Looks like Iíll miss Miss A, but I can hope.

I knew you didnít tell her anything during her leave, but I didnít know if you might have mentioned that she has a critter named in her honor sometime after that. When she does find out I hope sheís flattered by it. Iím not at all surprised she worries more about her Mother than herself. I mean, look at what Iíve done, hiding near death from my Mom to spare her.

Speaking of my Mandy, I canít leave my wall locker open at all anymore. Look what the little critter gets into!

She grabs an iPod and my headphones. And then tries to look innocent....
Then she gets all chilled outÖ
Then the furry punk steals MY heating pad. Little critter doesnít need a heating on her chest. No one shot herÖÖ. Yet!

Gotta love the little critterÖÖ

I canít wait to meet you and of course Iíll have Mandy for you to meet too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-30-2009, 16:15   #2037
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Miss Lone_; if I'm running for the hills, someone with a gun is chasing me and mine is either jammed or empty. I'm in for the long haul.
When I read that all I can think of is

Quote:
You're allowed. That is also part of the healing process. But these days, it seems to be brought on by bad weather that drives up your pain.

Maybe battery-powered warming socks on your chest when you can't use the heating pad. Sounds stupid, but if it works, it works.

Love, prayers, lots of gentle , and (mentally) cradling you as you sleep.

Hawk
I wish I could blame the bad weather. It actually got pretty mild and dry for a few days. That changed this evening though. I'd had a couple days where the meds alone were doing OK, but I'm cuddling my heating pad again now. Truth is I'm just so pissed at the world because of the way I feel mentally, not just physically. I can't make it go away like you and my shrink thinks I should be able to. I wish I could.

It's that time again. Night everyone!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-30-2009, 17:37   #2038
sawgrass

Hey Lone_Wolfe, I'm home from shi**y, I mean sunny California a week early. It's not the place for me.

Looks like I have some catching up to do here. I missed talking to you.

Sawgrass
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 18:07   #2039
Randolph da man

great thread. As far as Im concerned, an internet legend in the making...
A fine tribute to a fine American, a fine Lady...
Randolph da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 18:10   #2040
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I make sure to eat my Black-Eyed Peas New years Day.
My mother always swore 'it' was Sauerkraut one was supposed to eat at the NYE/NYDay dinner to ensure 'good luck' in the new year. But, we have no German blood in the line so who knows?
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!