SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-12-2009, 16:54   #1
Hackett

Send a message via AIM to Hackett
Moving to Southern MO

I'm moving to South Central MO, about an hour due East of Springfield and am wondering what ranges are out that way?

Primarily Outdoor, but indoor would be nice to find too.

I searched Google and Superpages, and I'm guessing most of the ranges (if any) are private, out that way.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Hackett
Beretta Club Member #1, Tactical Shotgun Club #1884,
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:11   #2
Hi Ball
Hi Ball

Hackett I know there is a range just off the hwy somewhere near Nixa, MO. They also shoot sporting clays there too. Sorry, I don't know the name of the place and have never shot there ok. We had our minds on boating at the lake.
Hi Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:37   #3
Hackett

Thanks! My dad is out there but hasn't shot in a few years so he didn't know.

I guess if I find a good one I'll just have to let everyone know!

Thanks again.
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Old 07-15-2009, 06:49   #4
Hi Ball
Hi Ball

Hackett there are lots of things for people to do in that part of Missouri! The town of Springfield is not far away, great lakes to boat and fish on too. Not to mention the fact that Branson, MO. is the hot spot for entertainment and traffic jams. Several colleges around the Springfield area and lots of ball games to attend if you like sports. Why the beauty of those Ozark Mountains in the fall is something to behold by anyone you betcha. Good Luck!
Hi Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:49   #5
rjr573

Springfield area ranges

There is Ozark Shooters Complex on Hwy 65 between Ozark and Branson, but that may only be for shotguns I'm not sure.

A few miles north of there is Busiek State Forest which has 25, 50, and 100 yd. ranges. It's a free outdoor un-manned area where I go fairly often.

West of Springfield is Andy Dalton Range which is run by the conservation dept. It's 3.00 per hour and is a nice place. Pistol / rifle rnages, and shotgun areas too.

North of Springfield is Pleasant Hope range. It's only got a 25 yd bench and a 100 yd. bench. It's un-manned and is usualy not busy as it's out in the "boonies". Nice place though and recently freshened up.

Since I'm close to the AR. border (Branson West) I like a little range in berryville AR.

Feel free to e-mail, cant have enough "gun friends".

Myself and a couple other friends try to shoot every Thursday if the weather lets us.

Randy.
Old 10-07-2009, 13:23   #6
Hackett

I just spent the afternoon on Monday at Anderson's in Mountain View. Nice group of guys, and they all seem more than willing to help. They also were all working on some partof a gun as they do a lot of customization and repairs.

I may talk to them about glass bedding and free floating my Remington.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:41   #7
BigHunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I just spent the afternoon on Monday at Anderson's in Mountain View. Nice group of guys, and they all seem more than willing to help. They also were all working on some partof a gun as they do a lot of customization and repairs.

I may talk to them about glass bedding and free floating my Remington.
New member here, I live in Winona and work in West Plains. Yes Murray Anderson is a nice guy and does alot of custom work. I have been to his shop a few times. As far as ranges there are not a lot of honest to goodness public ranges in this area due to the large amount of undeveloped land. People pretty much shoot anywhere they want that is safe.
If you are ever in Winona stop in and check out Brawley's Powder Horn just south of the city limits on Hwy 19 in Winona toward Alton. He is an 01 FFL despite the black powder only sounding name and has a 300 yard range that you can use for FREE! He also has about the cheapest price on new guns I have ever seen. He doesn't carry much inventory, but will order anything that you want and are willing to pay for.
BigHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:05   #8
reverenddan

From Mansfield here. A ways away but things are about the same as others have stated, pretty laid back and room to do whatever you want. We have several spots that are nice to shoot but if you want to get serious you need to bring your own bench and such.

What I'm missing is a lack of "serious" gun shops. Moving from the Boise area I had my pick if you will, here they are few and far between. Thus far I have found only one and that is in Mountain Grove; from there I have to go to Springfield. I am done dealing with Bass Pro so I am looking for a new "home" if you will. The guy in Mountain Grove is good and all but very small with limited stock and prices are only okay, not great. Sounds like I need to head East to find some better spots eh?
Old 03-27-2010, 14:20   #9
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverenddan View Post
From Mansfield here. A ways away but things are about the same as others have stated, pretty laid back and room to do whatever you want. We have several spots that are nice to shoot but if you want to get serious you need to bring your own bench and such.

What I'm missing is a lack of "serious" gun shops. Moving from the Boise area I had my pick if you will, here they are few and far between. Thus far I have found only one and that is in Mountain Grove; from there I have to go to Springfield. I am done dealing with Bass Pro so I am looking for a new "home" if you will. The guy in Mountain Grove is good and all but very small with limited stock and prices are only okay, not great. Sounds like I need to head East to find some better spots eh?
Drive up to Osage Beach... AKA the REAL Lake, we got it all...
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 14:25   #10
reverenddan

Will be sure to check it out.

Any recommendations on gun stores and such?

What kind of fishing on your lake?
Old 03-27-2010, 21:39   #11
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I'm not much of a fisherman... hell, I don't even have a pole. The folks around here are big into crappie. Huge cats are abundant. A little girl even caught a pirahnna last year. Our one large gun store/range is the nicest one I have ever seen. 3 stories, several museums inside, and a huge critter collection. I go out in the country to a good 'ol boy gun shop for ammo.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote