Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 19:13   #1661
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqiRmUcnAk



When I first heard this song, it was to video of the movie "Cast Away"...a love lost due to circumstances beyond two lovers control...not by any choice that was made....

So sad...

Breaks my heart...

It does happen...

Life moves on...choices are sometimes made due to circumstances we do not actually choose in our lives...



Things turn out great...but we don't forget...
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:18   #1662
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqiRmUcnAk



When I first heard this song, it was to video of the movie "Cast Away"...a love lost due to circumstances beyond two lovers control...not by any choice that was made....

So sad...

Breaks my heart...

It does happen...

Life moves on...choices are sometimes made due to circumstances we do not actually choose in our lives...



Things turn out great...but we don't forget...
Good song that was a sad movie (to me).

Quote:
Life moves on...choices are sometimes made due to circumstances we do not actually choose in our lives...
You're right about that.

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:20   #1663
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
married to a teacher for 25 years....so I kinda know what you mean...

They are having a trail here for a man who beat a 5 yr old child to death. Hell ain't hot enough for someone who would do that.

Ray
Amen!!!

I'm SUCH a mother!!!

I'm STRICT on my students...but in a loving way if that makes sense!

They are VERY well behaved in my class....because they KNOW what I EXPECT in my classroom. BUT they know they can cry on MY shoulder when they are upset. They KNOW that Mrs. B CARES....she's STRICT but she is strict because she CARES!!!!

I'm SUCH a mother!!! I don't take from my students what I didn't take from my own children....disrespect.

(Mine weren't perfect...but I'm OH so proud of them now!!!)
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:22   #1664
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
Good song that was a sad movie (to me).



You're right about that.

Ray
To me, too!

My husband and I watch it frequently, for some reason. It's on Bright House Cable a LOT. (It's almost a joke for us!)

But it's a good, but SAD movie.
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:23   #1665
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
George Jones

(old sad song )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz2aN...eature=related

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:27   #1666
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYub1neLZmA&feature=fvw

Ray
:sob:



Oh my heavens!!! That's SO sad!!!
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:31   #1667
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
more

Reba McEntire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VH3p_wY1eY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3qMXw_SABI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s54Ct-3ogWc

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:39   #1668
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post


You know....I don't drink beer...but I may have to run to the store and BUY some so I can start crying in it!


__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:39   #1669
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
Johnny Cash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho

Quote:
everyone I know goes away in the end
Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:41   #1670
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post


You know....I don't drink beer...but I may have to run to the store and BUY some so I can start crying in it!


now don't get carried away....maybe we better get off the sad songs........

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:44   #1671
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
well maybe a few more sad ones........

PERNICE BROTHERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwBIokIuRbI

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:50   #1672
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
Radiohead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqsyX...eature=related

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 19:53   #1673
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
The Smiths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2e4V3Xh17w

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 20:03   #1674
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
Chocolate Genius

( warning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgodDhnPmGA

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 20:07   #1675
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
Roy Orbison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3iFY_ULLkw

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 20:28   #1676
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
I'm sorry....

I got distracted by

Facebook....

Then Cheeseburgers and North Carolina...


I'm back for a few minutes....


...it's past my bedtime...

(I'm STILL in elementary school, remember?)
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 20:39   #1677
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
now don't get carried away....maybe we better get off the sad songs........:dunno :

Ray


One of my fondest memories of my late Daddy was my 21st birthday.

He took me on a "date", and we went "bar hopping" as it was called.

We went to the popular spots in my upscale hometown of Winter Park, Florida.

....Saints and Sinners Lounge (My age group music)
....The Langford Hotel (My parents ballroom dancing age group music)

And for my dad's big laugh of the night....

I can't remember the name of the "Bar" but the band playing I'll NEVER EVER forget.... it was....

"Cowboy George and his Beer Drinking Rodeo Band"!

My dad had the MOST fun watching me at the last bar. I don't really consider myself a "snob" but I was raised in an upscale community.

Though, I like some country music NOW, at that time in my life...NOT.

At that bar, guys in 10 gallon hats came up to ask me to dance with them. Mind you, I was already engaged to marry my husband, who was serving our country in the armed forces overseas at the time.

I had absolutely NO interest in being "picked up" or dancing with ANYONE that night!

My daddy was QUITE entertained at that bar that night, by my reaction to the surroundings.

We laughed about that night until the day he passed away!
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 17:00   #1678
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
Ray...more Roy!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE9AwR0awVQ&feature=fvw



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssNk...eature=related
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 19:58   #1679
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post


One of my fondest memories of my late Daddy was my 21st birthday.

He took me on a "date", and we went "bar hopping" as it was called.

We went to the popular spots in my upscale hometown of Winter Park, Florida.

....Saints and Sinners Lounge (My age group music)
....The Langford Hotel (My parents ballroom dancing age group music)

And for my dad's big laugh of the night....

I can't remember the name of the "Bar" but the band playing I'll NEVER EVER forget.... it was....

"Cowboy George and his Beer Drinking Rodeo Band"!

My dad had the MOST fun watching me at the last bar. I don't really consider myself a "snob" but I was raised in an upscale community.

Though, I like some country music NOW, at that time in my life...NOT.

At that bar, guys in 10 gallon hats came up to ask me to dance with them. Mind you, I was already engaged to marry my husband, who was serving our country in the armed forces overseas at the time.

I had absolutely NO interest in being "picked up" or dancing with ANYONE that night!

My daddy was QUITE entertained at that bar that night, by my reaction to the surroundings.

We laughed about that night until the day he passed away!
That's a great memory Karen, thank you for sharing it. Memories are so important to us. They are our connection to lost friends and loved ones and one of the things we will leave behind when we go.

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 18:16   #1680
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,385
For my friends, then....now...and those to come....

But I knew, I'd always feel this way....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbnua2kSa8

__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:57.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,089
277 Members
812 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31