GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 21:08   #5551
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:10   #5552
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:15   #5553
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
I have a "little story" to go along with the next song...a "blast from the past".

Long story that I will do my best to make short.

After my last 2 high school reunions, a lot of kids that I went to school with have ended up on facebook, and having been on most of the reunion committees since graduation, we decided facebook is a great tool now to get the word out there....so we have reconnected with a lot of friends.

I am NOT a huge facebook fan, nor do I spend much time there. I MIGHT check it once a day, or not, sometimes more if something is going on special.

But there is a guy that was a friend, who use to keep me distracted in Geometry in 10th grade. He wrote poetry and passed it to me all during class. We also went to the same University and had one class together that I can remember.

Long to short, he is now a Doctor of Physical Therapy Medicine....and he plays in a band. He's been inviting us to come listen to his band just north of Orlando, which I told him we will come the night school is out. Should be fun.

ANYWAY...to the song. We had a pep rally one day in front of our school when our basketball team was going to the state
play offs. This was in the mid 70's.

ALL of the sudden, everyone started screaming. Being very petite, I just stood there asking everyone "WHAT?" I couldn't see a thing!!

This friend became and is STILL most remembered for what he did at this Pep Rally!

__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:29   #5554
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
It's that time of year...

We have TWO parties to go to tomorrow, we went to my neices last weekend....our coach wanted me to go with him to one this evening for some former students of ours..

It's GRADUATION time!!!!

__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:33   #5555
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
I have a "little story" to go along with the next song...a "blast from the past".

Long story that I will do my best to make short.

After my last 2 high school reunions, a lot of kids that I went to school with have ended up on facebook, and having been on most of the reunion committees since graduation, we decided facebook is a great tool now to get the word out there....so we have reconnected with a lot of friends.

I am NOT a huge facebook fan, nor do I spend much time there. I MIGHT check it once a day, or not, sometimes more if something is going on special.

But there is a guy that was a friend, who use to keep me distracted in Geometry in 10th grade. He wrote poetry and passed it to me all during class. We also went to the same University and had one class together that I can remember.

Long to short, he is now a Doctor of Physical Therapy Medicine....and he plays in a band. He's been inviting us to come listen to his band just north of Orlando, which I told him we will come the night school is out. Should be fun.

ANYWAY...to the song. We had a pep rally one day in front of our school when our basketball team was going to the state
play offs. This was in the mid 70's.

ALL of the sudden, everyone started screaming. Being very petite, I just stood there asking everyone "WHAT?" I couldn't see a thing!!

This friend became and is STILL most remembered for what he did at this Pep Rally!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxXEd2RKjYc
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:38   #5556
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
We have TWO parties to go to tomorrow, we went to my neices last weekend....our coach wanted me to go with him to one this evening for some former students of ours..

It's GRADUATION time!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMuvmYdbEB0
We've still got a couple of graduation gifts to buy. I always try to pick something they will keep or at least remember. But it's getting harder as I understand teenagers err.. young adults less and less.

Ray
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:41   #5557
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
There was a day, when letters were our only option...whether we were writing to our summer love...or our high school sweetheart when we went away for the summer.

I always liked this song...way back when. It was an OLDIE, way back when, too!


(My students are always fascinated by the fact that we had to talk on phones that were plugged into the wall, and we had to stay home if we expected a phone call, and the fact that we had to mail letters and wait for a reply to be mailed back to us. They think that is amazing!)
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:42   #5558
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:48   #5559
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
We've still got a couple of graduation gifts to buy. I always try to pick something they will keep or at least remember. But it's getting harder as I understand teenagers err.. young adults less and less.

Ray
I know what you mean! It has gotten to the point with my neices, nephews and close friends children, I almost always end up either giving gift cards or cash so they can buy what they need either to go to college, or begin their life.

I understand elementary school kids AND their parents less and less! The problems we had with them this week during
our Book Fair BREAKS my heart.

Little kids STEALING...in teams!!! Some parents were supportive of
disciplinary action.

One little girl, admitted that she stole the merchandise, but her mom came in and said "If you don't have it on video, she did NOT do it!" Great parenting going on at that house! The girl is in 3rd grade.

I feel like I've been a cop all week, while trying to do everything else.
__________________

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 05-25-2012 at 22:07..
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 21:51   #5560
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
There was a day, when letters were our only option...whether we were writing to our summer love...or our high school sweetheart when we went away for the summer.

I always liked this song...way back when. It was an OLDIE, way back when, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Paf...eature=related

(My students are always fascinated by the fact that we had to talk on phones that were plugged into the wall, and we had to stay home if we expected a phone call, and the fact that we had to mail letters and wait for a reply to be mailed back to us. They think that is amazing!)
bet you had a party line too...

I remember the girls liking that song
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 22:00   #5561
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
I know what you mean! It has gotten to the point with my neices, nephews and close friends children, I almost always end up either giving gift cards or cash so they can buy what they need either to go to college, or begin their life.

I understand elementary school kids AND their parents less and less! The problems we had with them this week during
our Book Fair BREAKS my heart.

Little kids STEALING...in teams!!! Some parents supportive of
disciplinary action.

One little girl, admitted that she stole the merchandise, but her mom came in and said "If you don't have it on video, she did NOT do it!" Great parenting going on at that house! The girl is in 3rd grade.

I feel like I've been a cop all week, while trying to do everything else.
Our daugther is a teacher and likes it she teaches middle school and I sometimes fear for her. But the things you listed are exactly why Mrs Ray retired. She usually had more problems out of the parents than the kids at least towards the end of her career. In the begining she said it was not that way parents were supportive and helpful. In the long run these parents that think they are helping their kids by blindly taking their side aren't.
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 22:02   #5562
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
bet you had a party line too...

I remember the girls liking that song
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 22:03   #5563
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098

G'night............
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 22:08   #5564
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stingray View Post
Sound of Silence

G'night............
I was about to say the same. Busy day and night tomorrow...I want to be up early!

Goodnight!
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 21:03   #5565
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
From the show tonight on "Date Night"...


__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 21:06   #5566
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 21:09   #5567
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
Donna Summer...

__________________

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 21:46   #5568
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 21:51   #5569
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 22:05   #5570
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 19:45   #5571
kcb
Southern Lady
 
kcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: God's BEAUTIFUL World
Posts: 29,310
A good friend told me I needed to check out this song.


Eh?





__________________

Karen

Last edited by kcb; 05-30-2012 at 19:51..
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 23:03   #5572
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane
 
Fred Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 16,020

__________________
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 20:14   #5573
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
A good friend told me I needed to check out this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBfqABtOoxI

Eh?





I wuz in a traffic jam today and when I saw the cause it wuzn't a beautiful day..... for somebody's insurance company.
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 20:20   #5574
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
Charo

I grew up with Roy but the special effects on that leave me feeling queasy still a great performance
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 20:23   #5575
69stingray
427 ci
 
69stingray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 4,098
__________________
"If everything seems under control, you`re just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
69stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:41.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,087
363 Members
724 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42