Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-23-2009, 14:28   #1
dchurch

Gun Shops In Seattle

I was wondering which gun dealers in Seattle you recommend? I have recently purchased a Glock 22 from Butch's in Seattle and found that they were very easy to deal with. I have also heard good things about Lynnwood Gun and Discount Guns, but have heard that both Sam's and Wade's are overpriced. What experiences have you had with dealers in Seattle?
dchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 19:47   #2
VeeDubbinJetta91

Send a message via AIM to VeeDubbinJetta91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchurch View Post
I was wondering which gun dealers in Seattle you recommend? I have recently purchased a Glock 22 from Butch's in Seattle and found that they were very easy to deal with. I have also heard good things about Lynnwood Gun and Discount Guns, but have heard that both Sam's and Wade's are overpriced. What experiences have you had with dealers in Seattle?
Ive bought both my Glocks from Bear Arms in Covington, but have bought alot of my supplies/ammo/sights/ruger 10-22 from West Coast Armory in Issaquah, have had nothing but great service at both and very friendly people, i sometimes feel in other shops as if everyone else is higher than me, not the case at those 2 places, Wades does seem to be a little over priced but ive been happy with them as well. Also Champion arms in Kent is a good shop/range as well
VeeDubbinJetta91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 15:28   #3
dchurch

I went into West Coast Armory today. Their shop is pretty small, but they do seem to have a good variety of guns and supplies. Their prices were also very reasonable.
dchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 21:26   #4
Road Hog

Check out Federal Way Discount Guns, which is different from the Discount Gun chain.

A smaller shop ( bigger than West Coast Amory) but the most knowledgeable staff I have found in this area and the best prices. Check them out, you will agree.
Road Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 22:33   #5
ainokea

There are several places you can check out.

Adventure Sports in Lynnwood
DJ's Loan in Bothell
Ben's Loans in Renton
Federal Way Discount guns

Those are the better shops i know of in Seattle area
ainokea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13   #6
joeroket

I have heard of complaints about Federal Way Discount guns from people that have gone in there. In fact a fellow I know had one of the employees try to grab his holstered pistol from him.

I have done business myself with Wade's and Sams and they are a little on the high side. I have also used Discount Gun Sales, which is the chain, and have been pretty happy. They have some deals and some higher priced stuff. I have heard nothing but praise about Butches.
joeroket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:42   #7
Atomic Punk

i have had good luck with federal way discount guns, my wife got her g29 there. i have been to wades to rent guns a few times but never when their gun shop was open so i never saw their prices.
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 13:42   #8
VeeDubbinJetta91

Quote:
I went into West Coast Armory today. Their shop is pretty small, but they do seem to have a good variety of guns and supplies. Their prices were also very reasonable.
Was also in West Coast Armory the same day you were...maybe i saw you haha...i bought some trijicon night sights and took my gun in to have them installed, when calling around wades wanted 60 bucks to install the sights plus the price of the sights, west coast were reasonable and installed for free
Old 03-30-2009, 18:01   #9
dchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubbinJetta91 View Post
Was also in West Coast Armory the same day you were...maybe i saw you haha...i bought some trijicon night sights and took my gun in to have them installed, when calling around wades wanted 60 bucks to install the sights plus the price of the sights, west coast were reasonable and installed for free
I was there about 12:30 p.m. I hope the sights work out for you. I am thinking about getting different sights as well as I just have the default ones on my 22. Mainly I was in there to check out the store and see how much they were charging for .40 ammunition. I did end up purchasing an UpLULA magazine reloader though, it works great!
Old 03-30-2009, 18:11   #10
ICHI
@#%* !

Ben's Loans

my first WA gun,21sf purchase
Old 03-30-2009, 21:07   #11
VeeDubbinJetta91

Quote:
I was there about 12:30 p.m. I hope the sights work out for you. I am thinking about getting different sights as well as I just have the default ones on my 22. Mainly I was in there to check out the store and see how much they were charging for .40 ammunition. I did end up purchasing an UpLULA magazine reloader though, it works great!
same time i was there...i was the kid in the Mechanic Uniform wating in line if you saw me haha...although im getting a little fed up with them, dropped the gun/sights off wednesday to be installed was told they should be done same day, then they said should be done saturday for pick up today(Monday) Called today and they still havent gotten to them yet im almost to the point of buying the tool myself and doing the install instead of having to be without my gun for even longer
Old 03-31-2009, 21:27   #12
VeeDubbinJetta91

Quote:
same time i was there...i was the kid in the Mechanic Uniform wating in line if you saw me haha...although im getting a little fed up with them, dropped the gun/sights off wednesday to be installed was told they should be done same day, then they said should be done saturday for pick up today(Monday) Called today and they still havent gotten to them yet im almost to the point of buying the tool myself and doing the install instead of having to be without my gun for even longer
Update: After a week of hearing nothing and me calling and asking about progress i decided to go into the shop, i was told all the sight installs had been done but when mine was brought to me it was the exact same as i left it, i said thank you and left with my slide/sights/night sights, i had forgot my friends dad is a retired glock armorer and has all the tools, so i took the slide back to work and did the install myself in about 2 mins. I dont blame West Coast Armory, i understand they are extremely busy with gun builds and whatnot and i will still give them my business, i just wish there would have been some better communitcation
Old 04-01-2009, 00:37   #13
RNT_Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICHI View Post
Ben's Loans

my first WA gun,21sf purchase

I'll second that, picked up my first gun there. OD g23
RNT_Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30   #14
dchurch

Quote:
Update: After a week of hearing nothing and me calling and asking about progress i decided to go into the shop, i was told all the sight installs had been done but when mine was brought to me it was the exact same as i left it, i said thank you and left with my slide/sights/night sights, i had forgot my friends dad is a retired glock armorer and has all the tools, so i took the slide back to work and did the install myself in about 2 mins. I dont blame West Coast Armory, i understand they are extremely busy with gun builds and whatnot and i will still give them my business, i just wish there would have been some better communitcation
I can understand that. I think that all the shops are just so busy right now though that it is really difficult for them to keep up, especially when they are a small store like West Coast is.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39   #15
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:

Wade's definately WAY overpriced. DGS is the same. I actually have found the opposite, in regards to Sam's. I have bought a few guns there in the last few years new and they have been competitive with every other local dealer I have called. I shoot there at thier range regularly and when I have purchased they always give me a box of ammo and you get a months range membership with every gun you buy. Lynnwood, the prices seem reasonable but they don't seem to have much in stock on hand. If your wiling to wait they have quoted maybe $10 -15 bucks less. If your looking used, DJ's in Bothel is the place to go.

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 04-01-2009 at 17:34..
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 14:42   #16
dchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
Wader's definitely WAY overpriced. DGS is the same. I actually have found the opposite, in regards to Sam's. I have bought a few guns there in the last few years new and they have been competitive with every other local dealer I have called. I shoot there at their range regularly and when I have purchased they always give me a box of ammo and you get a months range membership with every gun you buy. Lynnwood, the prices seem reasonable but they don't seem to have much in stock on hand. If your wiling to wait they have quoted maybe $10 -15 bucks less. If your looking used, DJ's in Bothel is the place to go.
I do like shooting at Sam's and it's true that they give you a membershp for a month. I thought that they had discontinued the ammo giveaway, but I could be wrong about that. I have found their prices to be a bit above Butch's, Lynnwood and West Coast, but below Discount and Wade's.
Old 04-01-2009, 17:38   #17
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
I do like shooting at Sam's and it's true that they give you a membershp for a month. I thought that they had discontinued the ammo giveaway, but I could be wrong about that. I have found their prices to be a bit above Butch's, Lynnwood and West Coast, but below Discount and Wade's.
I ammo give away isn't any longer a regular thing. I tend to wheel and deal them on that and know others that have as well. I normally negotiate at least one extra mag at cost when I buy a gun from them and again help negotiate a deal or two for friends.
Old 04-14-2009, 19:02   #18
cgchu
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

+1 for Federal Way Discount... but though they don't allow you to carry inside the shop.
cgchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 22:26   #19
dchurch

My wife just purchased a Taurus 92 from Discount Guns. Even though I wasn't wild about her choice I really liked that the salesperson asked her questions to find out exactly what she was looking for. If it was me I would of gotten a G-17. After seeing how she did at the range I do think the Taurus fits her well, just like my G-22 fits me.
Old 04-22-2009, 21:53   #20
spdski
CLM Number 294
NRA Life Member

Ben's in Renton is great.
spdski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 20:42   #21
Mainsail

The best dealer in the NW is Mary's Pistols in Tacoma. Great prices and service. Example: Bought an EoTech 557 for $460. Mary and Dan will treat you right.

www.maryspistols.com
Mainsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:52   #22
dchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
The best dealer in the NW is Mary's Pistols in Tacoma. Great prices and service. Example: Bought an EoTech 557 for $460. Mary and Dan will treat you right.

www.maryspistols.com
I appreciate the advice. It seems to me that there is a real lack on the north end of the Seattle area though. I mean Sam's is OK, and of course there is a Discount Gun store in Everett, but not much in the Marysville/Arlington area. You basically have to go all of the way up to Kesselring in Burlington.
Old 04-26-2009, 17:21   #23
Sphinx_Smith

Dsg tl

I just bought my first at DSG in Totem Lake. My friend has been going there for years and introduced me to Brett. Real good guy and easy to work with.
I live in Woodinville and theres a little gun shop behind Target, looks like a shack! Havent been in there in YEARS but its been there since I was a kid. Always have funny stuff on their Reader Board.

Sphinx
Sphinx_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 20:03   #24
mercury0_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Punk View Post
i have had good luck with federal way discount guns, my wife got her g29 there. i have been to wades to rent guns a few times but never when their gun shop was open so i never saw their prices.
That's a whole lot of awesome right there.
mercury0_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 23:54   #25
Narc1911
Anchora Salutis

Kesselring in the best gun shop I have dealt with.
Narc1911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glock 22, gun dealers, gun shops, seattle