Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2009, 15:42   #1
GlockinGator

The loss of a good man... *Mike* G20man32904

I know I don't post here often and most of you don't know me, but unfortunately I am here with a heavy heart. G20man32904, aka "Big Mike" passed away today after battling illness for many years. Most of you know him as the originator of the "Ask a Trainer Thread" at the top of this forum. Mike was a friend of mine and he will be sorely missed. He was a mountain of a man, with a soft spot for our 4 legged friends. Mike could talk dogs and/or guns for hours and never get bored. He gave me advice(about guns and dogs, he knew more about both) and helped me train my boxer "Remington" when I was just about at my wits end.

I remember being at the range one day, guns popping off left and right. Then Mike pulled the trigger on his Smith and Wesson 500 (loaded with +P) and the entire range went silent (aside from a few "What the f*&# was that!" comments) The smile on his face was priceless!

Sometimes life pulls you in so many directions, and keeps you from spending more time with people you really like. I regret that I couldn't spend more time with Mike, and get to know him even better. Unfortunately, in his late 30's, G20man32904 was taken from us too soon. RIP "Big Mike", I think he would appreciate it if we all pet our dogs for a little longer tonight!
GlockinGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 15:52   #2
MrsKitty

Thank you so much for telling us. I am....well, there aren't words. Mike had given me a lot of advice, the same as he did for others here.

Do you mind telling me when he died? Any details? I remember him saying he needed a heart transplant a long time ago. I know I haven't seen him post in a while. I missed him then and I will from now on...

With all the knowledge Mike shared, he has touched a *lot* of lives.

Can you just imagine how many animals were there waiting just for him at Rainbow Bridge?
Old 03-20-2009, 16:30   #3
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

Rest in peace buddy.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 16:33   #4
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

I didn't know him but from what i heard so far it sounds like he was a good guy.

RIP *Mike* G20man32904

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
Gun Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 16:36   #5
Kguard103
TC - A2 SEP

People as you have described this gentleman as being are never replaced. I like what you said in your last paragraph...

Quote:
Sometimes life pulls you in so many directions, and keeps you from spending more time with people you really like. I regret that I couldn't spend more time with Mike, and get to know him even better.
Every time I read something like this is makes me look around and ask if there are people I would say this about if they were gone...thanks for that.

May he rest in peace and his memory live on...and may God bless his family and loved ones.
Old 03-20-2009, 17:53   #6
SIGSAREBETTER
Teh Pieman

Send a message via AIM to SIGSAREBETTER

*shakes head sadly*

This is the 2nd very untimely death of a young member I've read about lately....very very sad. My thoughts are with those he left behind.
SIGSAREBETTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 13:20   #7
Mrs. VR
Administrator

This is terrible news!!!

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:42   #8
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

Old 04-01-2009, 13:27   #9
Blinky
Rocket Surgeon

Send a message via AIM to Blinky Send a message via MSN to Blinky Send a message via Yahoo to Blinky
I just found out about this today...I don't know what I can say, Mike and I would talk a lot about training and I owe a lot to him. I will do my best to continue his efforts on GT to make us all better dog owners.

You're gonna be missed man.......
Old 04-04-2009, 11:51   #10
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

RIP G20. Way too young.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?" - Walid Shoebat, former PLO Terrorist
كافر Infidel لقد كان محمد شاذ جنسيا
bluelineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 13:47   #11
rugercat78

Rest in Peace, Big Mike. You will be missed
Old 04-24-2009, 09:56   #12
Vic303

Oh crap! Damn...I hadn't heard from Mike in a while, but he had been optimistic in his last email to me.

Does anyone know what happened with his dogs? OP, please PM me or something--Mike's been on my prayers list for a couple years now. I'm stunned and at a loss with this sad news.

I hate crying in contact lenses...

Here is the obituary I found on line.

John McLaughlin
Palm Bay
John Michael "Mike" McLaughlin, 38, passed away Thursday, March 19, 2009 at Holmes Regional Medical Center. Mike was born in Norris town, PA on April 6, 1970. He was a graduate of Friends School in Atlantic City, NJ and served in the US Army. His family includes his father, John J. McLaughlin; mother, Mary Ann Linder - Wuchko and her husband Ron; sister and brother-in- law, Bethany Ann and Brian Connelly; and two nephews, Christopher and Brandon Connelly. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, 300 Mal abar Road SE, Palm Bay. Donations in Mikes memory can be made to any heart related association. Arrangements by Palm Bay Funeral Home, 724- 2224, Please sign guest book at www.affuneral.com.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?

Last edited by Vic303; 04-24-2009 at 12:57.. Reason: adding obit
Vic303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 14:48   #13
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Old 08-30-2009, 10:48   #14
Berto
woo woo

I'm saddened to hear this. He has been a real great help to a bunch of us.
RIP Mike.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:42   #15
supra98

Theres plently of young ppl who have lost their lives too young, did we forget about the men and women who serve our country in OEF/OIF?
supra98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 18:52   #16
Blinky
Rocket Surgeon

Send a message via AIM to Blinky Send a message via MSN to Blinky Send a message via Yahoo to Blinky
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra98 View Post
Theres plently of young ppl who have lost their lives too young, did we forget about the men and women who serve our country in OEF/OIF?
What exactly do you mean by that?