Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 22:58   #1
bsjones84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 334
Legality of bringing ammo from out of state.

I have a question about the legality of bringing ammo in from another state. Since ammo is so difficult to find, and expensive when it is, is it legal to bring it from another state? I go to AZ semi-frequently to visit family and would like to bring some back if I happen to find some at a good price. I'm not trying to go to jail for it though. Also, can ammo be ordered online and shipped within cali?

Bub,
bsjones84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 00:35   #2
Quiet
Casino Goon
 
Quiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bouncing between the 909 & the 702
Posts: 2,342
No flechette, explosive, incendary, tracer and armor piercing handgun ammo.
No flechette, explosive, incendary and tracer rifle ammo.
No flechette, explosive, and incendary shotgun ammo.

(edit)A non-exempt person can not import or possess the above ammo in CA.
__________________
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 03-16-2009 at 19:00.. Reason: clarification
Quiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:05   #3
tbhracing
Senior Member
 
tbhracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 16,467


I bring in ammo all the time from Nevada. (9mm FMJ)
tbhracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 13:12   #4
bsjones84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 334
clarification

Quote:
No flechette, explosive, incendary, tracer and armor piercing handgun ammo.
No flechette, explosive, incendary and tracer rifle ammo.
No flechette, explosive, and incendary shotgun ammo.
What exactly are you saying by this? To which part of my question is this responding? Also, is there a difference between regular ammo and explosive ammo i.e. high explosive/c4 type stuff, or is all ammo considered explosive?
bsjones84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 15:23   #5
Nicoroshi
Avid Shooter
 
Nicoroshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The liberal playground
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjones84 View Post
What exactly are you saying by this? To which part of my question is this responding? Also, is there a difference between regular ammo and explosive ammo i.e. high explosive/c4 type stuff, or is all ammo considered explosive?
Exploding ammo would be a round that goes 'BOOM' on impact.
__________________
Quote:
The AR is like a prom queen.
The AK is like a biker chick.
Treat each accordingly.
21 Club #150 California Glockers #150 Kalashnikov Klub #150 Black Rifle Club #377
Nicoroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 16:27   #6
tbhracing
Senior Member
 
tbhracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 16,467


I dont want to give any bad intel, but just bring home regular factory ammo and you should be fine.
tbhracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 21:52   #7
bsjones84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 334
Are there any sites that have quick and fast version of the do's and don'ts about firearms in california? Sort of an FAQ? I'm still relatively new to cali (stationed here) and haven't taken the time to really research gun laws. Any pro gun groups that have informative websites?
bsjones84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 22:05   #8
Nicoroshi
Avid Shooter
 
Nicoroshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The liberal playground
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjones84 View Post
Are there any sites that have quick and fast version of the do's and don'ts about firearms in california? Sort of an FAQ? I'm still relatively new to cali (stationed here) and haven't taken the time to really research gun laws. Any pro gun groups that have informative websites?
Check out http://calguns.net/
All the information about owning guns in California you'll find there.
__________________
Quote:
The AR is like a prom queen.
The AK is like a biker chick.
Treat each accordingly.
21 Club #150 California Glockers #150 Kalashnikov Klub #150 Black Rifle Club #377
Nicoroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:27   #9
rljan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: 702
Posts: 269
The firearms division of the state Attorney General's website should answer your questions. http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/
rljan is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:06.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 742
163 Members
579 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31