Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:12   #1
WiCK3D_SiX

Looking for tips and tricks

Ever since I can remember, I've been left eye dominant. I managed to train myself to scope with both eyes open using my right eye. I just can't seem to pull it off with open sights, which creates a problem because my left eye has astigmatism. On top of this, I simply can't seem to help but blink every time the gun goes off. I wasn't brought up using safety glasses, and I'm sure having rust drilled from my eyes didn't help this situation. Any insight to help correct these issues would be fantastic.

Dustin

Dustin
WiCK3D_SiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 13:41   #2
Jack23
I. B. Glockin'

I too and right handed and left eye dominant. I struggled with it mightily in the military and despite the best efforts of Navy and Marine Corps instructors never made much progress. After I got out of the service and got into guns I decided not to beat myself up about it. If I need to close one eye and shoot long guns off my left shoulder then I'm just gonna roll with it. somebody don't like it that's their problem.

I rolled like that for several decades and then one day I decided to give it another try. I have been working on it for about 5 years now and I am making progress. As far as the answer to your question on tips and tricks I guess I don't really have any. But I find that if you make the determination, be patient, and stay with it you can do better.

You may never get to the point that it feels natural or second nature. I haven't yet. But I'm doing a lot better and I expect to continue to get even better. Hang in there and stay with it. I believe you can do it. Good Luck!!
G-17, G-23, G-21, G-36, Ruger blackhawk, ss, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark II, Ruger SP101, British Webley MKI .455, Kel-Tec P32, S&W top break .38, S&W 24-3 .44spl N frame Colt 1903 .32, Heritage .22 Combo, Colt AR-15, LE6920.
Jack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 18:16   #3
WiCK3D_SiX

Yeah I know switching eyes will be challenging for sure. Now I just need to figure out what Im doing to shoot low/left. I changed my grip, trigger pull, stance and all today. Still low. Even moved in closer lol.

Dustin
WiCK3D_SiX is offline   Reply With Quote