Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2014, 16:44   #1041
Witace12

i have collected 11 pistols over the last 8 years and never gave a thought to getting a ccw. that was until about 3 weeks ago when my son was born. just took the ccw class today and will be heading down to the local pd to turn in the paper work tommorrow.

for some reason i never thought much about my safety but protecting my new family is now on the top of my list

Pharmacy Technician Schools St. Louis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Witace12; 01-23-2015 at 02:22..
Witace12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 17:50   #1042
itsnitro
Got Sig?

Send a message via AIM to itsnitro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witace12 View Post
i have collected 11 pistols over the last 8 years and never gave a thought to getting a ccw. that was until about 3 weeks ago when my son was born. just took the ccw class today and will be heading down to the local pd to turn in the paper work tommorrow.

for some reason i never thought much about my safety but protecting my new family is now on the top of my list
Congratulations on becoming a new dad! Best feeling in the world.
Glock 26 - Sub Club #7797
Sig P226 - Sig Club #7797
Florida Glockers #7797
itsnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 14:38   #1043
Glock Dive Buddy

3 Reasons:
1. I live in Florida and heard too many stories about looters and gangs taking over when the cops just can't be there.
2. I was walking my dog in the park, on a back trail and my dog notified me of 2 punks hiding in the bushes within striking distance. I would never have gotten away except for the fact they apparently decided I was not the easy target they wanted.
3. ATM at night. I needed cash and something in my head said something is wrong, so I quickly returned to my car. As soon as I locked the door and spun the key some big goon rushed at me hiding something behind his back. I hit the gas and he was only about 3 feet away....
4. 0ne more- piling on. You guys are all right in saying we are responsible for our own safety, the cops can't be everywhere and if they could they would arrive in time to call for clean up of the body...
Glock Dive Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 17:28   #1044
redsox

I live in Florida also- soon to be gone after 31 years. I have no confidence in LEO, they are almosrt as bad as the felon. The recent Supreme courts rulings that LEO has no LEGALL obligation to protect you- you pay them and the moto is protect and serve, but they dont so your left between cops and crooks. I have little regard for either group and if your the only witness?
Old 11-30-2014, 19:19   #1045
MyG19

If I'm outside my house, I have a better chance of defending myself if I carried a gun.
Old 01-01-2015, 21:29   #1046
makatron

Well this thread talks about the very reason why I wanted a gun in first place.

Over the course of the last decade 4 times "almost" was robbed and 3 of them by armed perps, in two occasions I outrun them or rushed into a store and the last one was able to remove a .38 revolver at close range thanks to Ju Jutsu training in close quarters. Now I am working mostly at nights as a wedding photographer and with gear worth several thousand dollars driving late at night and it is bothering me the fact that after dropping the assistants is just me in the car.

Also planning to get a shotgun for the house. Construction here is mostly brick and mortar so is hard to break in without noticing, but then again in the third world success is kinda scary because people see that you get a new car and assume you paid full in cash when you still own the damn thing to the bank for the next 3 or 4 years.
Old 01-02-2015, 15:51   #1047
LegalAmerican

My defining moment was returning home from Lagoon Amusement Park in Farmington, Utah at about 12 am and finding my side door left wide open. I had about 5 grand worth of belongings that were stolen, and the thieves had busted in our bedroom window. There was glass all over our bedroom and on the ground outside my home. I told my wife at that point that insurance money would be used to remodel our kitchen for her, and buy a gun for me. If those a**es ever come back, they'll be getting 13+1 .40 caliber rounds coming right at their core. I have two little girls at home under the age of 5 and we wont be the victims again if I can help it. It destroyed my Wife's comfort of living in our home and even the slightest noises at night jolt me awake now.
LegalAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 16:47   #1048
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
My defining moment was returning home from Lagoon Amusement Park in Farmington, Utah at about 12 am and finding my side door left wide open. I had about 5 grand worth of belongings that were stolen, and the thieves had busted in our bedroom window. There was glass all over our bedroom and on the ground outside my home. I told my wife at that point that insurance money would be used to remodel our kitchen for her, and buy a gun for me. If those a**es ever come back, they'll be getting 13+1 .40 caliber rounds coming right at their core. I have two little girls at home under the age of 5 and we wont be the victims again if I can help it. It destroyed my Wife's comfort of living in our home and even the slightest noises at night jolt me awake now.
Pretty sad seeing all the break-ins, car jackings, and home invasions occurring in Utah. It didn't use to be this way.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 16:54   #1049
LegalAmerican

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
Pretty sad seeing all the break-ins, car jackings, and home invasions occurring in Utah. It didn't use to be this way.
Amen! It used to be such a great place to live. You'd have the problems here and there but it's gotten a lot worse. Too many scumbags out and about.
LegalAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 23:42   #1050
commandcomm

My decison came when I became a Fed from never being in LE. I was nieve to the world.
commandcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 00:20   #1051
Gray_Rider

My FIL is an associate pastor for a church that is in a town nearby to a major FBI instalation. Many of the decons and members are LEO and FBI people. Since the arrival of that group of people, the church has become a "hardened site", and my FIL carries daily.

Its getting serious out there children...

We don't hold grudges. We remember the facts."

Gray_Rider

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 01-10-2015 at 00:20..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 15:10   #1052
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

That wouldn't be ccw. That'd be LE carrying off duty. Most do, some are required to. Particularly for actual federal LE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandcomm View Post
My decison came when I became a Fed from never being in LE. I was nieve to the world.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 15:11   #1053
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

That wouldn't be Ccw in the sense of permitee carry. That'd be LE carrying off duty. Most do, some are required to. Particularly for actual federal LE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandcomm View Post
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:50   #1054
maxmanta

I don't carry a gun. I use my ninjitsu.

Last edited by maxmanta; 01-11-2015 at 01:57..
maxmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:46   #1055
railfancwb

Second household burglary, along with two vehicle burglaries and one vehicle theft. Also led me to go rural after retirement...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire