Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-31-2014, 20:07   #41
Jellysick

I appreciate all the responses from everyone. It certainly wasn't my intention of the thread to discuss the transaction itself, only to help me better understand the pistol that I ended up with. I posted the seller's username and details of the transaction since it was requested by a few that replied in this thread.

As a buyer, I feel that I asked enough questions to do my due diligence and allow the seller to disclose any characteristics of the pistol that might not be expected or "stock" - especially from across the internet. If it were a face to face deal, things would have been drastically different. But it is what it is. Upon receipt and learning things weren't quite what they were sold as, the seller did have the chance to make things right but obviously chose otherwise. Those are the risks you take on the internet...

As a seller myself, I tend to disclose everything I know about something. Maybe to my own fault in that I like to think others do that too.

Regardless, the posts in this thread certainly helped in my understanding on the components of the pistol and the significance of the damage to the frame. Obviously it'll likely be a good pistol for someone, just not me. Again, you understand certain risks by buying/selling on the internet, its just the way things are. At least whoever ends up with this pistol will know everything about it before they decide to purchase it.

I've already purchased a replacement. The Night Sights have been removed from the pistol and installed on my "ACTUALLY NEW" pistol, and the G19 referenced in this thread has been posted for sale in the classified section of this forum. I'll spend my money and further time/energy at the range.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Jellysick; 07-31-2014 at 20:09..
Jellysick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 20:15   #42
Jellysick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153 View Post
Bottom line is if you bought a Glock 19 with night sights and that's what you got ... where is the deception? It's a shame for people to label the seller dishonest because of insignificant scrapes inside the handle? If you willingly paid $500 for a $300 dollar pistol, how is that the seller's fault?

You wanted a Glock 19 and that's what you got.
I can't disagree with you more. If this was a Gen 3, then you have a point. The "scrapes" inside the handle render the backstraps useless. It doesn't matter if I was going to use them or not, I couldn't sell it to someone who might use them down the road. And it wasn't what was disclosed.

The transaction details I posted are a VERY brief summary of over 100 emails (yes, 100+), and a few PMs which cover pre-sale negotiations, discussion during the shipment when the package appeared lost, and post-sale attempting to find a resolution to receiving a pistol which was seemingly modified and not new.

But it is what it is. Like I posted above, you assume certain risks by buying/selling on the internet. This one obviously didn't work out well.
Jellysick is offline   Reply With Quote