Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:36   #21
GLOCK45 460

Send a message via AIM to GLOCK45 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
Interesting ... I've never seen a Gen 1 and I think a Gen 2 as well until now.

They remind of the Porsche 911/Carrera ... while the design has evolved over time, the core DNA remains the same. You can see a 1970's Porsche 911 and immediately recognize it as such, as the current models are so true to the original form.
I'm with you. I think Glock thinks they need to add a relatively meaningless gadget every now and then so they can make the customers think the price increase is well worth it. I have a Gen 3 and a Gen 4 G-21 and the first thing I did to the Gen 4 was 86 that new 2 piece recoil spring with plastic guide rod and replace it with the solid stainless guide rod and a 17lb recoil spring like all the G-21s before it and it got rid of that funny sound the dual spring was making and I don't see any difference in the felt recoil. Had I known I would have just bought another new Gen 3 and saved a pile of $. At least I got 1 more Magazine for my extra $125.
Old 12-04-2014, 15:06   #22
PattonWasRight

Whelp, at least you have the "latest and greatest" right? That's what manufacturers like us thinking!
Old 12-05-2014, 12:01   #23
GLOCK45 460

Send a message via AIM to GLOCK45 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
Whelp, at least you have the "latest and greatest" right? That's what manufacturers like us thinking!
Up until not quite 2 years ago I had nothing but 1911s, didn't care much for Glocks or any other 45. Then one day at the Police Range my brother who is a Firearms Instructor and retired Virginia State Trooper let me shoot his G-21 and I fell in love with it. So I went out and got a Gen-3 because that's all the LGS had. When I decided to build my 460 Rowland I went back to the same GS (because they give a 20% discount to LEOs) and all they had were the Gen-4 so that's how I ended up with the latest and greatest but if they had a Gen-1 or 2 I would have been just as happy because they are all great Firearms. Now my 1911 collection which are all top shelf guns just sit in the safe. Having 13 rounds and a lighter and more accurate Firearm is very appealing to me and the 460 Rowland conversion is the best thing since the 44mag came on the scene. It put's a 185gr 45 HP down range at 1500 fps with about the same recoil as a standard 45acp round. I highly recommend the 460 to anyone that has a Glock 21 or 30 and since I have been reloading since 1974 I can load whatever round the gun likes the best for less than half of what you pay for over the counter ammo. I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia so I can shoot in the backyard, no need to drive to a range.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:36   #24
Yamacrab

Awesome pistol!
Yamacrab is offline   Reply With Quote