Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2013, 21:55   #26
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Nothing in that says a woman is inferior.
It just says that the man is in charge.

Please go tell any woman that she's inferior to you and show her those Bible verses.

Perhaps your understanding of the concept of inferior is the stumbling block. How do you characterize, "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." if not as a statement of being inferior in position?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:14   #27
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
You will find in scripture that men and women are indeed different. If you are one of those people who feel that they are the same then I can understand your reaction to label gender bias on the faith. But your premise, in my opinion is wrong.
I looked and I noticed that there seem to be some anatomical differences .

It is silly for people to deny that men and women do not have different roles to play in life. Yet there are those who think that this is "unfair".

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:34   #28
Vic Hays

Perhaps this talk of inequality is because there is not much virtue left. It seems a virtuous woman does many of the same kind of things that a man does to support and care for his family including buying property and planting it, being faithful and trustworthy.

Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Proverbs 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
Proverbs 31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
Proverbs 31:14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
Proverbs 31:15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
Proverbs 31:16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
Proverbs 31:18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
Proverbs 31:19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
Proverbs 31:20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
Proverbs 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
Proverbs 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
Proverbs 31:23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
Proverbs 31:24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
Proverbs 31:25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
Proverbs 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
Proverbs 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 15:51   #29
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
I looked and I noticed that there seem to be some anatomical differences .

Perhaps when it comes to feminists the anatomical differences are less pronounced!

Old 04-18-2013, 16:10   #30
John_NJ

God created man and woman equal in value but with differing general roles. Man is the head of the family, the provider, and protector. Women have a nurturing nature especially when It comes to children.

Our society is so screwed up now because our culture has perverted those roles. Family dysfunction breeds more generations of dysfunction. Until the cycle is broken we will continue to decline and disintegrate.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Donít respond to the stupidity of a fool; youíll only look foolish yourself. Proverbs 26:4
John_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 16:12   #31
WS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Perhaps when it comes to feminists the anatomical differences are less pronounced!

Religious Issues
WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 16:14   #32
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Proverbs 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
Proverbs 31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
Proverbs 31:14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
Proverbs 31:15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
Proverbs 31:16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
Proverbs 31:18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
Proverbs 31:19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
Proverbs 31:20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
Proverbs 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
Proverbs 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
Proverbs 31:23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
Proverbs 31:24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
Proverbs 31:25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
Proverbs 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
Proverbs 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
Nice play Vic,

Had not read that in a while.

Old 04-27-2013, 13:50   #33
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbcayman View Post
I think this is due to the fact that women are physically the weaker sex and a bunch of primitive men wrote the bible. Using propaganda to control weaker people has been going on since the dawn of time and religion has been the vessel of choice to carry such propaganda for many cultures.

Wow, ..you are really going out on a limb there, ..NOT.

Nobility does not come from one's superiority over another, ...true nobility comes from one being significantly superior to one's previous self.
The Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 16:22   #34
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytxrx View Post
I have thought on this matter for years. Gender is an interesting aspect of life.

In lower plants and animals I am not sure I see a gender bias but there are gender differences. Some have the ability to change sex. some can reproduce asexually. it goes from large females and small males in fish and insects to large combative males and smaller females in mammals.

In the last million years we have humans. Very confusing lot, this group. I know that religions show some bias, at least it seems so. Did God* show a bias?

* you can put the word of your choice here. whatever word you want to use to get to "now" is fine with me
I have a huge beef with gender bias. I heard a story once that god was spreading around special characteristics to all the creatures during creation. Speed. Agility. Sight. Durability. Armor. Poison. Camouflage.... etc etc.......

As the story goes, He came back to adam and eve, and said

Quote:
[deep booming voice of GOD]
I only have two special traits left, and only two. They are the last two to be given out. So, as you most resemble me, I will offer them both to you two, and you can choose.
Adam cried out that he wanted to choose first because he was first created....He screamed that it was "only fair".

Quote:
God acquiesced and stated that since Adam became first, Adam could choose first.
Quote:
God declared that he had the ability to give to an animal, THE ABILITY TO pee standing up in his bag. Not only could the holder of this ability pee standing up, be would be upright and be able to run from danger mid-pee. He would be able to write his name in the sand or in the snow. He would be able to pee higher on plants to mark his territory. God then stated the other thing I have in my bag is... BUT HE WAS INTERRUPTED BY ADAM.

Adam spake, and he said untooith the lord, god, the big kahoona.....

DUDE, your EFFIN kidding. Pee standing up?!!!! I'd LOVE to pee standing up. I could evade crocodiles while peeing in the river. I could write a note in the snow to Eve. I could make cool designs in the sand. I could pick a specific pee friendly plant I wanted to help grow. I WANT TO PEE STANDING UP!!!!

Quote:
Adam, you are my first, and I wanted to give you both options to choose from, please let me continue. BUT HE WAS INTERRUPTED BY ADAM
Quote:
Adam said, I want to PEE STANDING UP!!! It's my birthright, I was first, I get first choice by your own decree, I want this ability more than anything else in the world, give it to me or I will not love you any longer.
God acquiesced again.
Quote:
[deep booming voice] OK Adam, if you are really sure, I will grant your request.
Adam immediately launched into a joyous romp and began peeing unto every item that was withing distance, moving further and further away, as he was looking for snow or sand upon which to write his name........

Eve, a witness to this spectacle was a little upset about being upstaged and having her chance at a first choice robbed. She too could appreciate the benefits of being able to pee standing up, and was quite upset that she missed out on that trait.

After Adam was out of earshot hooping and hollering as he peed on stuff standing up.

She said: God, I remember you saying that you only had two special traits left, and Adam has already taken one of them. So, humbly I ask what is left for me.

Quote:
[deep booming voice] Multiple orgasms.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 16:33   #35
rustytxrx

LOL. Dang it