Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 12:45   #181
SCmasterblaster

I am going to get a Glock Mdl 22 soon. At 5000 rounds per year, the gun should last me ten years. Noooo problem!
Old 01-26-2013, 15:07   #182
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockbuster View Post
Yes, but if you walk back as in the video, how will you know there is cover behind you ? The person in the video did not back pedal a step or two, he walked back quite a bit while firing with no knowledge what was behind him. I wonder how far away were his threats ? Do you think that is the best choice ?
I could see myself taking a step back to get behind the door of my patrol car, or behind the trunk of the vehicle I had stopped, but that is it.
IMHO the best choice is to fight it out. Seek cover if you can, and keep fighting until the threat has ceased. Never give up. I don't plan on backpedaling. I can see the merits of it in a military situation though, where you and your squad may have to make a tactical retreat. For police scenerios I don't see the benefit.
Old 01-26-2013, 16:46   #183
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockbuster View Post
Im thinking your training is more military oriented than self defense for a citizen. But for self defense if you are going to move backwards in that fashion there are better choices. The danger behind you that you cannot see might be greater than that in front of you. English has pointed out the correct things. How can one possibly think you will gain anything by walking back so slowly at the price of accuracy in those precious seconds to make your shots count ? If I have to run Ill run fast and I will look at what Im stumbling upon, I can also fire and make noise at the threats.
Like I said above, if backwards is cover and every other direction is not...what is your option? Out of habit I will most likely press and move forward (at an angle) but that doesn't mean I shouldn't train with rearward movement. Even if you spend very little time training shooting while moving backwards, you should do it none the less to be familiar. Everyone can train for perfect world but you may find the need to back up a bit while sending some rounds. And no, my training is not all military based.

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
Old 01-26-2013, 17:27   #184
ElectricZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Wow!
Old 01-26-2013, 18:12   #185
Glockbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by uz2bUSMC View Post
Like I said above, if backwards is cover and every other direction is not...what is your option? Out of habit I will most likely press and move forward (at an angle) but that doesn't mean I shouldn't train with rearward movement. Even if you spend very little time training shooting while moving backwards, you should do it none the less to be familiar. Everyone can train for perfect world but you may find the need to back up a bit while sending some rounds. And no, my training is not all military based.

Fair enough UZ2, I have to admit doing some very brief backpedaling while shooting IPSC close targets in some stages, strictly to save time and knowing full ahead what was behind me.

But, in my advanced self defense training that type of action is almost a taboo, and I consider my instructors to be very good.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:03   #186
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricZombie View Post
Wow!
That is utterly ridiculous and unsafe.

I can't believe anyone could have allowed that.

Closed Thread