GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-02-2014, 18:44   #21
cm6029

Probably less than 1000 per year. With the rise in prices for 9mm reloads, plus the inconsistent availability, I'm not willing to blow through all my stash.

Just a side note: about 2 months ago, I was in a Walmart, not the one closest to home, but about 30 minutes away, and they had .380 WW in stock, 5 x 100 round boxes. I asked how many i was allowed to buy and the clerk told me there was no limit. I was going to buy 2 boxes, figuring i didn't want to hoard like a lot of people probably were. The clerk kept pushing me to buy all 5 boxes. I thought that was wierd, as I've never had someone in the ammo section actually push me to buy more ammo than I wanted to buy. In the end, I bought all 5 boxes, and since then, I am seeing .380 fairly regularly in stock at other stores innthe area. Still, i'm not seeing 9mm with the same consistency, hence I shoot less.
cm6029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 19:52   #22
RonS

Never really thought about it. I try to shoot a hundred rounds each on two weekends prior to going to a match. So about as much in practice as in competition. Which probably explains my poor showing. I don't mind the ammo when I can get it, but it is hard to get to the range when it isn't busy. Best time for me is during the week if I take a vacation day.

The centerfire ammo situation is improving. I am able to get 50 Federal Champions for $15 and sometime 100 round boxes. I see .38, .357, .40, .44 and .45 ACP pretty often. I have stopped buying at my LGS, they only have strange brands and the price is elevated.

I just wish I could find Remington, before the panic I had settled on Remington 115 JHP as my one ammo that I was going to keep for the home and for practice and competiton so I would have a uniform brand of brass to handload. Ha! Last time I saw a box was two years ago. Now I want Remington .357 ammo to fit my moon clips and I can't find that either.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:17   #23
frankt

Between two IDPA matches every month and a few State matches plus three GSSF matches a year and at least every other week practice 7k to 8k.

I try to get the most out of my practice sessions and not just burn ammo. It is still expensive even with reloading.

Semper Fi
frankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 17:25   #24
plumbum2

before 2008 and kids i was around 30k mostly 9mm. different clubs, competition etc.

........ now. lol prob only 2k. personally for me i was burned out. so the 1st kid was good timing i guess. its like anything else in life for me. if its all you do, most likely you will get burned out/sick of it at some point. or at least at that level.... im just starting to get back into it, but doubt i will ever be back up to that level any time soon or ever.
plumbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 17:31   #25
glockout

Do I want to shoot a lot be and less prepared in other ways? My priorities have changed and I get out enough to keep my targeting skills up fairly well but have other aspects of my life ready to rock.
glockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 18:25   #26
S.Kargoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockout View Post
Do I want to shoot a lot be and less prepared in other ways? My priorities have changed and I get out enough to keep my targeting skills up fairly well but have other aspects of my life ready to rock.

So....ummm...that's great and all.

How many rounds do you shoot in a year? Was the question.
S.Kargoh is offline   Reply With Quote