Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:27   #21
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithietheFox View Post
I'd be willing to buy any AK that Jim Fuller built or stood behind.

AMEN@!!!! x1,000,00,000,000

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:50   #22
mvician
Lifetime Membership

The Kalashnikov Klub
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 17:03   #23
themuffinman

Just saw this.
themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 17:25   #24
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithietheFox View Post
I beg to differ- US made AKs can be some of the most screwed AKs ever- just look at some of Century's QC in the past.
The Kalashnikov Klub

Old 10-11-2014, 19:48   #25
plp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
The Kalashnikov Klub

Just curious, how many have you owned or shot, and what failed on them? I'm considering buying another, based on personal experience with the one C-39 I own and shoot have zero problems. If there is something negative or flimsy that just hasn't broken on mine I sincerely would like to know about it.

While he gets a bit 'intense' sometimes, if James Yeager recommends it I tend to listen. His clients run courses where they put thousands of rounds downrange in three days, and Century doesn't have the money it would require to get him to schill an inferior product.
plp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 20:00   #26
azbuckeye

I see Century is now introducing the C39 V2 and another model with a stamped receiver, the RAS 47 I believe. Both US made rifles using all US parts. MSRP $650.00 or somewhere in that price range. I'm still waiting to see what Jim Fuller is going to do.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:13   #27
cciman

That is really not fair to Century.
There is lots of conjecture and regurgitation of second hand hear-say going on here, with emotions ruling. Lot's of negative posts based on old history, but very few with direct hands on experience, other than the good ones-- and those with direct experience are being ignored by those with hear-say. Like saying all Hyundais are bad.

There is another thread on this forum where posters claim that they won't buy US made Glocks-- with no sound reasoning behind, just emotion.

Very few of the AK front foreguard rails are designed, nor suitable for optics. Even when you splurge for higher cost rails, there are downsides of barrel distortion (midwest Industries) or heat (Ultimak). Unlike a AR, there are few easy, nor cheap solutions for optic mounting. The dogleg rear cover rails from Texas Weapon systems are ones I like.

The best native option for the AK is the side rail mount, but it is neither tacticool nor lightweight, and it varies ergonomically depending on what optic - stock combination you use. The C39 does not come with a siderail mount so that might be a downside to consider. Because it is a milled receiver made in US, there may be fitment issues with accessories designed around the Commie receivers. I have a Arsenal SAM7R, Bulgarian milled that came with siderail installed-- but it also cost at least $500 more.

Last edited by cciman; 10-12-2014 at 11:45..
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:05   #28
akguy59

I'm gonna throw my.02 in on this one. I've got an IO Inc rifle that I've had for a little over 4 years now. About 3500 rds through it and still shoots as good as the day I got it. The only "problem" I've ever had with it was that it wouldn't shoot HP reliably. With any brand of FMJ it is 100% reliable. I think a lot of the bashing of IO came about because for quite a while a lot of people were put off by poor CS. All in all mine has been a great rifle.
akguy59 is offline   Reply With Quote