GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 15:10   #26
domin8ss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Charlton Heston said, "from my cold dead hands". He also said we didn't need Assault Weapons. Don't believe everything that comes out of the NRA. Yes, I'm the NRA but often the organization leaves a lot to be desired.
Thus, why it took me so long to sign up with the NRA in the first place.
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:05   #27
Dawolf
Senior Member
 
Dawolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8ss View Post
Thus, why it took me so long to sign up with the NRA in the first place.
In several ways I prefer the G.O.A.

http://gunowners.org/
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:18   #28
domin8ss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawolf View Post
In several ways I prefer the G.O.A.

http://gunowners.org/
Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:59   #29
UtahIrishman
BLR
 
UtahIrishman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Utah
Posts: 6,044


Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahIrishman View Post
I made my decision to vote for Matheson based on his endorsement by the NRA. I don't have the time to deeply investigate every candidate for office and thus relied on their recommendation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Charlton Heston said, "from my cold dead hands". He also said we didn't need Assault Weapons. Don't believe everything that comes out of the NRA. Yes, I'm the NRA but often the organization leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm not trying to be nit-picky but I find it interesting that in this post the NRA gets some slack but not a Democratic congressman from an extremely conservative state. I just don't understand the dynamics there.

The NRA is certainly not an ideal organization and Congressman Matheson is I'm sure not an ideal choice. But he's a decent choice...much more so than the alternatives that were presented.

To me the choices that are made in life are hardly ever absolute. There's usually shades of grey in every choice we make. Determining what shade of gray to choose is the difficult part. Black and White thinking rarely ever see's the nuances.

Just my two cents.
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal

----
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 00:33   #30
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahIrishman View Post
I'm not trying to be nit-picky but I find it interesting that in this post the NRA gets some slack but not a Democratic congressman from an extremely conservative state. I just don't understand the dynamics there.

The NRA is certainly not an ideal organization and Congressman Matheson is I'm sure not an ideal choice. But he's a decent choice...much more so than the alternatives that were presented.

To me the choices that are made in life are hardly ever absolute. There's usually shades of grey in every choice we make. Determining what shade of gray to choose is the difficult part. Black and White thinking rarely ever see's the nuances.

Just my two cents.
It's not rocket science. The NRA gets a brake because on a whole "WE" are trying to protect our rights. Occasional someone screws up and makes a mistakes. The DemoRATS ALL of them believe the government knows better than The People. As a whole the DemoRATS want to control our daily life. The DemoRATs believe hard work should be penalized while laziness and free breeders should be rewarded because it creates DemoRATic voters. While few things in life are absolute the Founders wrote the Bill of Rights to BE ABSOLUTE. "Shall make no law. Shall Not be Infringed. Doesn't get more absolute that that.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 02-10-2013 at 00:35..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:54   #31
UtahIrishman
BLR
 
UtahIrishman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Utah
Posts: 6,044


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
It's not rocket science. The NRA gets a brake because on a whole "WE" are trying to protect our rights. Occasional someone screws up and makes a mistakes. The DemoRATS ALL of them believe the government knows better than The People. As a whole the DemoRATS want to control our daily life. The DemoRATs believe hard work should be penalized while laziness and free breeders should be rewarded because it creates DemoRATic voters. While few things in life are absolute the Founders wrote the Bill of Rights to BE ABSOLUTE. "Shall make no law. Shall Not be Infringed. Doesn't get more absolute that that.
Well at least we can agree that it's not rocket science.

I also agree that the Bill of Rights is absolute. Not much else is, accept death and taxes.
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal

----
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 13:14   #32
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,319
It's kind of ironic (maybe "hypocritical" is a better word) how when I listen to Fox radio, the talk show hosts always bash President Obama for supposedly dividing the nation. They love to say how intolerant he is, and how he is out to destroy the Republican party.
Then I post about a moderate Democrat, who is on our side concerning gun control, and all he and I get are insults. "Demorats, liars", etc.
So how is your intolerance any different than President Obama's, assuming he is as intolerant as the great disciples on Fox would have us believe?
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 15:49   #33
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
It's kind of ironic (maybe "hypocritical" is a better word) how when I listen to Fox radio, the talk show hosts always bash President Obama for supposedly dividing the nation. They love to say how intolerant he is, and how he is out to destroy the Republican party.
Then I post about a moderate Democrat, who is on our side concerning gun control, and all he and I get are insults. "Demorats, liars", etc.
So how is your intolerance any different than President Obama's, assuming he is as intolerant as the great disciples on Fox would have us believe?
You only believe he is on our side. I'll prove he's not at the end on this post.

The difference in my intolerance and The Obominations intolerance is mine ends when the Constitution is adhered to. His will not end until the Constitution is shredded. The hypocrisy doesn't lie in intolerance is that The Obominationa and the DemoRATs say they Support the Second Amendment all the while trying more and more to "INFRINGE" on our RIGHT.

I'm not Fox radio. I'm one man that has lived long enough and followed politics long enough to know both sides lie.The DemoRATs just lie more often and to a grater degree. I'm also intelligent enough to have seen The Obominaton for what he is. The DemoRATic Obomanites are either supporters of Fascism or stupid. Your call! I'm also intelligent enough to know that your DemoRAT congressman will present himself to be one thing while being something else. See post 22 paragraph 2. The proof is in the pudding.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 02-11-2013 at 15:54..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 15:55   #34
domin8ss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
As the author of post #22, I still stand by what I said. What I said is a verifiable fact.
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 16:45   #35
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,319
I'm by no means a fan of Matheson, but he was the best candidate running. That said, unlike you, I cannot predict that he will do something contrary to a mass letter he sent out. I can only go by what he is saying.
So until Matheson votes against the 2A, I'll take him at his word. In this instance, he has to represent the citizens of Utah. If he does vote for any kind of gun control, I doubt he'll ever get elected to another public office in this state.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 17:24   #36
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
I'm by no means a fan of Matheson, but he was the best candidate running. That said, unlike you, I cannot predict that he will do something contrary to a mass letter he sent out. I can only go by what he is saying.
So until Matheson votes against the 2A, I'll take him at his word. In this instance, he has to represent the citizens of Utah. If he does vote for any kind of gun control, I doubt he'll ever get elected to another public office in this state.
I fully understand voting for the lesser of the evils. I voted for Romney. The lesser of the two evils. With that said, after seeing your DemoRAT vote for Obomination care to say you trust in what he says is Romney say he believed gun control was a state issue. I was sure he would not push for any gun control but didn't doubt for a minute that he wouldn't sign any if it landed on his desk. You on the other-hand have use Mathesonas as an example of a pro Second Amendment DemoRAT and are willing to defend him right up until the time he votes for a gun control bill.


He voted for Obomation Care and you are willing vote to reelect him. That pretty much tells me all I need to know.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 02-11-2013 at 18:21..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 17:35   #37
domin8ss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
I'm by no means a fan of Matheson, but he was the best candidate running. That said, unlike you, I cannot predict that he will do something contrary to a mass letter he sent out. I can only go by what he is saying.
So until Matheson votes against the 2A, I'll take him at his word. In this instance, he has to represent the citizens of Utah. If he does vote for any kind of gun control, I doubt he'll ever get elected to another public office in this state.
I'm not predicting. I'm forecasting future behavior by looking at past behavior. You know what they say, ”Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” You have been informed of his past history. Don't be surprised if history repeats itself because you failed to learn from the past. With that said, I'll be sure to continue to watch him closely and apply pressure when I feel it is needed.

Last edited by domin8ss; 02-11-2013 at 17:35..
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 17:36   #38
AsSeenOnTV
Senior Member
 
AsSeenOnTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: A liddo Northwest of you.....
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
He voted for Obomation Care and you will vote to reelect him. That pretty much tells me all I need to know.
It also helped to 'sway' his opinion by appointing his brother Scott Matheson a judge position for that vote on his bill.

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 02-11-2013 at 17:37..
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 18:24   #39
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
It also helped to 'sway' his opinion by appointing his brother Scott Matheson a judge position for that vote on his bill.
Ahhhhhh, the web thickens. So his brother got the appointment. I wonder how long it will take the worm to turn.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 19:02   #40
domin8ss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
Yes. I remember that. Thus, Matheson is very easy to sway one way or another.
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 19:20   #41
AsSeenOnTV
Senior Member
 
AsSeenOnTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: A liddo Northwest of you.....
Posts: 221
And it is widely known in the party ranks that some members who are up for an election, and if the party has the votes needed, that their fearless leader will tell these members to go ahead and vote to oppose the bill, just to fool the sheeple at home. Matheson is a wolf. Do not be fooled by the color of his wool!

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 02-11-2013 at 19:21..
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 19:27   #42
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
It also helped to 'sway' his opinion by appointing his brother Scott Matheson a judge position for that vote on his bill.
All federal judge positions are presidential appointments. And in Utah, state judge positions are gubernatorial appointments. While it would be nice to think that only the most qualified people get the appointments, that's not the way our system of government always works.
Is anyone here even going to suggest that Republicans don't do the same thing? Lee's brother got appointed to The Utah Supreme Court.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 19:31   #43
AsSeenOnTV
Senior Member
 
AsSeenOnTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: A liddo Northwest of you.....
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
All federal judge positions are presidential appointments. And in Utah, state judge positions are gubernatorial appointments. While it would be nice to think that only the most qualified people get the appointments, that's not the way our system of government always works.
Is anyone here even going to suggest that Republicans don't do the same thing? Lee's brother got appointed to The Utah Supreme Court.


State judge, or federal Judge you mean????

http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Scott_Matheson

And it was not I who started a tread touting how great a senator one is. :P

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 02-11-2013 at 19:43..
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:37   #44
domin8ss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 413
Maybe the OPs vision shouldn't be so narrow. Senator Hatch is on record in favor for stricter background checks, including at gun shows, and against the importation of high-capacity magazines. He's a 7 term Republican Senator.

Source: http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_Control.htm

Here is Congressman Jim Matheson's profile:
http://www.ontheissues.org/house/Jim...un_Control.htm

Congressman Jason Chaffetz:
http://www.ontheissues.org/house/Jas...un_Control.htm


Senator Mike Lee:
http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_Control.htm

Last edited by domin8ss; 02-11-2013 at 20:57..
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 17:10   #45
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
It's amazing how gun control debates ALWAYS get turned into DemoRAT v RepubliCAN'T debates when no one ever says that there aren't any anti gun republiCAN'ts. The truth is that there are SOME RepubliCAN'Ts that should not be in office. The other truths are that ALL DemoRATs WILL vote for some form of gun control and some want a total ban. In fact that is a goal of the DemoRATic party in general. Show me a RepubliCANT that wants guns totally band. It's also not on the RepubliCAN party agenda at all.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 02-12-2013 at 17:11..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,079
368 Members
711 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42