GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:42   #21
halfmoonclip

I'm giving serious thought to using a spare slide stop that's left over from my last P380; I had ground off the finger that automatically activates the slide stop so that cartridges couldn't bump it. I'd rather live with manually activating the slide stop and have 100% function.
Also am a little suspicious that the slide stop may be 'partially' activating for a moment, slowing the slide if not actually engaging it completely, contributing to the failures to go into battery.
It's a nice gun and well thought out in many ways, but there are ongoing problems that need to be addressed.
Moon
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:30   #22
Cole125
Silver Membership

I agree the Kahr P380 when running correctly is a VERY nice little gun. Accurate for such a small gun, and has a great trigger.

I originally did what you described, ground the "nub" on the slide stop off so the slide did not lock back on the last round. It worked fine, but the replacement slide stop Kahr sent works just as well.

What HP defensive ammo have you found most reliable in your P380? Mine has a few issues with Speer Gold Dots, but has been 100 percent with Buffalo Bore HP +Ps.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:11   #23
halfmoonclip

Cole, I've always used the Gold Dots in several defensive .380s because they have a well established rep for both penetration and some degree of expansion. Too much expansion and a .380 will virtually not penetrate at all; it's just too marginal in power.

I'm surprised about the BuffBore +P's; what is Kahr's official position on +P ammo?

Entirely concur on the trigger and accuracy; I had hoped to shoot it in our Club's Summer 'snubby league'.

I'm just happy to have ol' reliable LCP to fall back on.
Moon
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:49   #24
TheBigCroaker

Kahr's website says the P380 is rated for + P ammo.
TheBigCroaker is offline   Reply With Quote