Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-21-2014, 15:49   #1
billy b

glock 34 accuracy update

I reported that I had accuracy issues with my early gen 3 2 pin 34. would not shoot under 3" groups at 20 yards & was getting bad flyers .today I shot 34 upper on my gen 3 17 lower. world of difference. groups now run 2 to 2 1/2 at 20 yards & no flyers. I took locking block out of frame & checked it over. frame pin is not loose in frame or in locking block. should I just go ahead & get a new locking block & pin, it is $26.99 at midway. is there something else I should look at on frame ? I still think this gun was not shot much for its age. locking block had # 5 on it. thanks for any input.
billy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 16:37   #2
JBP55

You could swap the G17/G34 locking blocks and see if one improves and one gets worse.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 17:10   #3
GLW

I had similar issues with a G-23 once. It turned out that the slide lock had been installed facing the wrong way. There is a lip on one side that the barrel lug hooks into upon lockup. If the slide lock is backwards, the barrel will not have a consistent lockup when in battery and accuracy will suffer greatly. When you swapped receivers, you eliminated this as a possible problem. Hope this helps.
GLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:34   #4
alazgr8

No to hijack this thread, but what do you consider acceptable accuracy from a Glock out of the box? My new G36 is decidedly underwhelming in accuracy. In the photo's, the larger group is 6 rds from my G36 at 10yards, and the small group is 6 rds from my 1911 at 10 yards. I look forward to any suggestions you would care to offer.

Regards,

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
General Glocking - Click for larger version   General Glocking - Click for larger version  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:06   #5
JBP55

alazgr8, An excellent Glock shooter can shoot your 1911 group at 10 yards.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:55   #6
qfkeon

I'd be curious what the result of putting the 17 locking block into the 34 frame would be? I owned a 34 that was my least accurate Glock by far. If you do the test let us know.
qfkeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:11   #7
billy b

I can"t put the 17 locking block in the 34. the 34 is an older gen 3 with a 2 pin frame. everything I took out of 34 looks new, no wear on any part except slide lock. I plan on getting a new slide lock & spring, the spring seemed weak.. at this time I do not plan on getting a new locking block. I may get a new trigger pin that goes through locking block. I'm glad I didn"t get a new barrel like I was thinking of doing. by the way, someone had suggested checking slide lock to see if it was in backwards, it wasn"t. part of the fun to me when I get a different gun, is trying to get the best accuracy out of it that I can get. I DO NOT do this to my home defense guns or my carry guns. I leave them 100% stock & carry factory ammo in them.
billy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:17   #8
nraman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
You could swap the G17/G34 locking blocks and see if one improves and one gets worse.
Excellent idea, he can also swap frames and barrels from the G34 to the G17.