Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2013, 20:46   #21
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
Conservation of Matter: A fundamental principle of classical physics that matter cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system.

This planet started off inorganic. Abiogenesis is wild guessing how life came from non-life.

There is a million times more proof of God than there will ever be of abiogenesis.
I used to find it amusing when people stepped this far out of their league. Now I just .
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 23:10   #22
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
Conservation of Matter: A fundamental principle of classical physics that matter cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system.

This planet started off inorganic. Abiogenesis is wild guessing how life came from non-life.

There is a million times more proof of God than there will ever be of abiogenesis.
void already beat me to it, but

(a) abiogenesis would no more be creating or destroying matter than I would be when I dissolve a packet of Kool-Aid and a cup of Splenda (who needs all that sugar) into 2 quarts of water.

(b) the earth is not a closed system.

(c) most of the small, discrete steps needed for abiogenesis can be recreated in a lab or observed in nature. While it has not been reproduced end to end in a lab, abiogenesis is certainly not wild guessing. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that would love to see this "million times more proof".

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 23:48   #23
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
void already beat me to it, but

(a) abiogenesis would no more be creating or destroying matter than I would be when I dissolve a packet of Kool-Aid and a cup of Splenda (who needs all that sugar) into 2 quarts of water.

(b) the earth is not a closed system.

(c) most of the small, discrete steps needed for abiogenesis can be recreated in a lab or observed in nature. While it has not been reproduced end to end in a lab, abiogenesis is certainly not wild guessing. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that would love to see this "million times more proof".

-ArtificialGrape
I'm about 99% sure that there is no such thing as a closed system. At least I'm not aware of anyplace, man made or otherwise, that's completely cut off from all heat or solar radiation to add energy and anything that may be drifting around in space. Isn't it just a theoretical thing?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote