Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-23-2005, 21:45   #41
TimC
Uhavthecontrols

Quote:
Originally posted by bulwaagh
Why? Whats broken with it? All the videos I saw shows the gun in proper working order.

Ain't broke, why fix it?;c
Uummm...the warranty work statement was meant as a joke I do believe. A funny one at that.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 21:51   #42
edpmedic

Yea the warranty work was a joke. I thought he might want to have it refinished and maybe the recoil assy replaced.
Old 11-23-2005, 23:15   #43
J.P.
Intergalactic

At this time,I'm going to make passionate love to *my* G21.
I'm talking seriously hot man-on-gun action!
Can I post pics?
J.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 23:30   #44
Cool Hand Hodge

Send a message via AIM to Cool Hand Hodge

with my luck, ill be the guy who gets this gun from gunbroker! Nicley done!
Cool Hand Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:34   #45
ducati

According to Larry Vickers the G21 is the worst Glock and can't stand up to the sand test. Only the 1911's that he builds, and the HK's, He has worked for HK. Will pass the sand test. Oh by the way I have seen a Vickers 1911 jam with less than 2000 rds through it.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:46   #46
bigbore

Quote:
Originally posted by ducati
According to Larry Vickers the G21 is the worst Glock and can't stand up to the sand test. Only the 1911's that he builds, and the HK's, He has worked for HK. Will pass the sand test. Oh by the way I have seen a Vickers 1911 jam with less than 2000 rds through it.
I have always wondered about comments about the "worst glock ever"? I wonder if hes biased?

Lets give Larry $600 to buy a 1911, and 100K rounds to put through it before the tests. The only thing hes allowed to replace is 1 recoil spring. Did he do this with the slide open or closed? Cocked and locked with a round in the chamber, or empty chamber hammer down?
What has amazed me, is my glock has over 100K rounds through it, and I dont have more than $600 invested in it.

Heres the sand tests I did with available pistols. They were tested 3 consecutive times without cleaning. The person shaking the bucket the first time wasnt shaking it too violently because he didnt like a locked and loaded pistol being banged around in a bucket pointed at his legs. I guess I dont have enough sense to worry about it.
This test isnt scientific, but it shows what I wanted to see. What will keep going -if not go bang every time, what will it take to keep running. A couple pistols here had to be completely detail stripped, white other had some failures to lock up, but were back int he fight after ejecting and chambering the next round.

Glock 19
Glock 27
Glock 36
CZ 40
HK USP full size
SA PRO
Kimber Custom
Kahr P9

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bigbore; 11-24-2005 at 08:54..
bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:01   #47
WFR

About the only test left would be to contact NASA, strap it onto the front of a shuttle and see how it survives re-entering the Earth's atmosphere!
Or you could feed it to an elephant and see what the digestive juices would do to it. Of course you'd want to take the sights off first to "ease" the exit. We don't want the PETA group getting ticked off.
Awesome tests! Thanks!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:33   #48
jonathon
Bowtie Freak

Send a message via AIM to jonathon Send a message via Yahoo to jonathon
Bigbore, thanks for the vids!

Wow, even the full size was defeated by the fine sand ;P

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good Romans 12:21

كافر
jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:47   #49
Victory

now that it's nice and consolidated, someone sticky it.
Victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:54   #50
Cool Hand Hodge

Quote:
Originally posted by ducati
This is the dumbest kind of thinking. I swear, some people dislike glocks, simply because they are not a 1911. Ill be honest, i think a 1911 is antiquated! But it remains because somwhere, there is a guy sitting in a room reading a book about the 1911 and openly weaping thinking about pappy and his colt 45. This is such crap!!! Honestly, im a young shooter at 23 so i dont understand it, but give me a freakin brake....the future is now!
Old 11-24-2005, 11:55   #51
Cool Hand Hodge

Welcome to page 3

P.S...STICKY THIS NOW!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 05:15   #52
Jur
Nederlander

Wow... just.. wow...

So happy I bought a G21 now, but even more frustrated that I have to wait a long time for it :(
Jur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 15:14   #53
jonathon
Bowtie Freak

Send a message via AIM to jonathon Send a message via Yahoo to jonathon
Bump for sticky! ;f

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good Romans 12:21

كافر
jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 17:53   #54
tweakmeister

pretty cool! thanks for posting!
tweakmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 18:34   #55
fabricator
Got Biodiesel?

I own three 21's two I bought used on......................uh, say pard, have you ever sold any used 21's on gun broker?^4
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 18:42   #56
El_Ron1
AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by fabricator
I own three 21's two I bought used on......................uh, say pard, have you ever sold any used 21's on gun broker?^4
;z ~1 ~1
Old 11-25-2005, 19:24   #57
Walter45Auto

Send a message via Yahoo to Walter45Auto
bigbore I saw your thread on ar15 forum. What's the latest you've done to it? Thought Up Anything new lately? I have really enjoyed your thread, and it really says something great about GLOCKS. It's a big part of the reason why my next pistol will be a GLOCK.

;g

;8 ;I
Old 11-25-2005, 22:12   #58
westie10019

AND this proves what? There are a lot of Glock owners with to much time and money on there hands? So they take a pistol and abuse it far beyond what limit. Any person who has a firearm whose life may despend on it's use would never let the firearm get to this condition.

I humped a 16 for 91/2 months in the bush @ the Battle of Vietnam. My ass depended on this weapon working %100 of the time, it was kept clean and well maintained. So the point of abuseing this Glock is WAHT?

Grow up KIDS!
westie10019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:30   #59
Hydra-SHOKz

Quote:
Originally posted by westie10019
AND this proves what? There are a lot of Glock owners with to much time and money on there hands? So they take a pistol and abuse it far beyond what limit. Any person who has a firearm whose life may despend on it's use would never let the firearm get to this condition.

I humped a 16 for 91/2 months in the bush @ the Battle of Vietnam. My ass depended on this weapon working %100 of the time, it was kept clean and well maintained. So the point of abuseing this Glock is WAHT?

Grow up KIDS!
It proves that Glocks are tough freakin' pistols.Its doubtful that any of our Glocks would be put through anything like this but its very interesting to see what its limits are.I would think most of the fellas here would be smart enough to keep there weapon as clean as possible when there life may depend on it.I must admit that I'm amazed of its durability.I doubt there is a steel or aluminum frame gun that is cable of this.So the point of abusing a Glock is what? BECAUSE YOU CAN!
Old 11-26-2005, 06:43   #60
fabricator
Got Biodiesel?

Quote:
Originally posted by westie10019

Grow up KIDS!

You have never heard of torture testing? Did you read all of his posts? How about the one where he tested the 21 and the HK together?
The Glock worked every time the HK didn't, wouldn't you say that is useful information? How do you know the conditions that will prevail when and if God forbid you ever have to use your carry weapon? Maybe you drew your weapon and dropped it in a mud puddle, and then struggled in the dirt for it, the scenarios are endless, it is nice to know the Glock will fire even if some wild unlikely scenario would occure.
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote