GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 20:47   #1
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage
 
F14Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 4,515


WTF? Grant, Tory, and Kari are leaving Mythbusters?!

At the end of tonight's episode, Adam and Jamie said it's been a great ten years, played a 30-second montage, and wished them all good luck.


They said future shows will be only Adam and Jamie. Sounds like a money issue. Still, I have noticed that there has been almost zero interaction between the duo and the build team for the last few seasons.

Still, end of an era. I'm bummed, since I really liked the youthful interaction of the three.
__________________
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
F14Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 20:58   #2
Adjuster
Senior Member
 
Adjuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ft. Lauderdale FL
Posts: 10,991
I didnt even know the show was still on! Shouldnt they have ran out of myths five years ago?


/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 21:00   #3
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy
 
Joshhtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 8,132


Interesting... I liked all 3.
__________________
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
***CHECK OUT MY EBAY STORE FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED-***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 21:13   #4
wingryder
Senior Member
 
wingryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 28.420, -81.171
Posts: 3,510
Whaaaaa!?!

I am watching the new episode right now! I want to see what they say about that...

My hunch is that they are getting their own show. They have been doing the rockets, robots and punkin' chunkin' stuff.

I have noticed a loss of chemistry over the past few years between Adam and Jamie as well. Jamie seems to be turning into an ass that doesn't want to play along anymore... He has no sense of humor and gets openly irritated with Adam.

I hope they are getting their own show. I love those three, and wish them a ton of success.
__________________
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 21:20   #5
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <
 
RustyShackelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 46148
Posts: 4,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I didnt even know the show was still on! Shouldnt they have ran out of myths five years ago?


/
That show jumped the shark ages ago.
__________________
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 21:38   #6
HiddenEyes
It can be done
 
HiddenEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 41,462
Cool when they blew something up.


As far as busting myths...



Mr. HE
__________________
Dear Mr. President, If I had a son he would look like one of the heroes you let be murdered in Benghazi.

Moi Нет sprechen español
HiddenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 21:48   #7
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
Whaaaaa!?!

I am watching the new episode right now! I want to see what they say about that...

My hunch is that they are getting their own show. They have been doing the rockets, robots and punkin' chunkin' stuff.

I have noticed a loss of chemistry over the past few years between Adam and Jamie as well. Jamie seems to be turning into an ass that doesn't want to play along anymore... He has no sense of humor and gets openly irritated with Adam.

I hope they are getting their own show. I love those three, and wish them a ton of success.
Adam and Jamie have never made it a secret that they're not friends. Adam is (or was, at least) an employee. When the Discovery Channel came to Jamie with the idea for Mythbusters, Jamie himself knew he didn't have the charisma to carry the show (showing how intelligent he truly is) and told them he was going to bring in Adam as a co-host.

I don't think there's any lost chemistry. Watching recent episodes they seem about the same to me.
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 22:00   #8
wingryder
Senior Member
 
wingryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 28.420, -81.171
Posts: 3,510
HOLY CRAP!

Myth: CONFIRMED

They are indeed leaving! Wow.
__________________
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 22:05   #9
wingryder
Senior Member
 
wingryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 28.420, -81.171
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Adam and Jamie have never made it a secret that they're not friends. Adam is (or was, at least) an employee. When the Discovery Channel came to Jamie with the idea for Mythbusters, Jamie himself knew he didn't have the charisma to carry the show (showing how intelligent he truly is) and told them he was going to bring in Adam as a co-host.

I don't think there's any lost chemistry. Watching recent episodes they seem about the same to me.
Yea, in fact in the first few seasons, you could tell they were trying to bring up the tension between A&J but clearly that isn't the direction they wanted the show to go. But Jamie lately has just acts like he's over it, and doesn't even pretend to play along anymore.

My gut feeling is that they TG&C are getting their own show(s).
__________________
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 22:43   #10
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 18,123


Might be a spin off in the works.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 23:04   #11
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 47,087
Blog Entries: 1


No guys stepping up to offer room and board to Kari?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 23:34   #12
wingryder
Senior Member
 
wingryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 28.420, -81.171
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
No guys stepping up to offer room and board to Kari?
I gotta couple of spare rooms
__________________
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 23:38   #13
Radam3
Senior Member
 
Radam3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
I gotta couple of spare rooms
Spare rooms???

I got extra room in my bed!!!
__________________
You put your faith in Christianity, I put mine in artillery!
G23 gen3

Last edited by Radam3; 08-22-2014 at 02:45..
Radam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 23:59   #14
johnson8861
Daddo Chomper
 
johnson8861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great state of Indiana
Posts: 1,064
Good, Grant, Tory and Kari can form a show with out the two f n nerds on it.
__________________
Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo and not want to waste a bullet on you.
Murph's Laws of Combat
johnson8861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 00:15   #15
wingryder
Senior Member
 
wingryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 28.420, -81.171
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radam3 View Post
Spare rooms???

8 got extra room in my bed!!!
You mean Kirgi's got extra room?!?
__________________
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 00:18   #16
wingryder
Senior Member
 
wingryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 28.420, -81.171
Posts: 3,510
http://www.eonline.com/news/571864/mythbusters-stars-kari-byron-tory-belleci-and-grant-imahara-are-leaving-the-showthis from E!:

Quote:
Kari said in a series of tweets. "Thank you to all the fans who have supported us. The show is taking a new direction. It was an amazing run. I learned so much about myself and the world. I love you all @MythBusters. I am sad for an ending but there will be exciting new adventures for us."
Grant and Tory had similar tweets, so I think they are getting their own science show!
__________________
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 00:32   #17
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!
 
Jason D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Mivonks, MI
Posts: 42,433
Stay tuned for the new Mythbusters spinoff titled Boobs and the Other Guys.
Kari and the other two were the only reason to watch.
__________________
An enlightened zeal for the energy and efficiency of government will be stigmatized as the offspring of a temper fond of despotic power and hostile to the principles of liberty.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 00:34   #18
9jeeps
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: at the end of the road
Posts: 4,618
Bout time.... Some changes are made. Jamie has out grown the show long time now. Adam is just silly. Hope the kids get into something beside seeing how much they can blow up.
__________________
Trying to make
sense of it all.
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 00:45   #19
morgoth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 170
Mythbusters went past its use by date after the first two seasons.
Most of the crew members are not that appealing as presenters.
morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:09   #20
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.
 
Geeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Irvington,Indiana 46239
Posts: 9,460
Kari can be the stunt double for the Wendy's girl
__________________
Sent from my bathroom,while I was on the throne using Crapatalk
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:57.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 982
284 Members
698 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31