Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 22:57   #61
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Some outlets are reporting the cop is still in the hospital with a crushed eye socket.

You can have the title of MMQB. I think he did just fine.

Regards,
Happyguy
I am not trying to Mmqb, Leo's always get their panties in a wad when some simple truths are pointed out. Not knowing all the facts, I can't really say he did just fine, neither can anyone else.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
Old 08-20-2014, 06:20   #62
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
I am not trying to Mmqb, Leo's always get their panties in a wad when some simple truths are pointed out. Not knowing all the facts, I can't really say he did just fine, neither can anyone else.
I just did.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
Old 08-20-2014, 06:41   #63
happie2shoot

What is a MMQB?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04   #64
sgtbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFACE View Post
Unarmed doesn't mean not dangerous / deadly....people are forgetting this fact.
Very true I made that statement without all the facts. Heard some different facts the next day. Facts in the officers favor.
Old 08-20-2014, 17:21   #65
9L0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by happie2shoot View Post
What is a MMQB?
My guess would be (Monday Morning Quarter Back)
Old 08-20-2014, 19:31   #66
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
I just did.

Regards,
Happyguy
Then your measuring stick is diff than mine.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
Old 08-21-2014, 16:20   #67
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
Just wondering, did you sell them all the same grain bullet? Or did they ask for a specific grain bullet?
I do not remember the grain and I have thousands of customers in my data base so finding them is way too much work.

Also the guys from St Louis City buy ammo from me. They buy the RA9T and RA9B. Guys that buy the T say the guys that buy the Bonded are buying the wrong ammo for duty. Guys that buy the Bonded say the T guys are buying the wrong ammo.
Old 08-21-2014, 16:26   #68
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Deleted

Last edited by BamaTrooper; 08-21-2014 at 16:27..
Old 08-21-2014, 16:54   #69
PattonT

I talked to a friend today and confirmed: Ferguson issues Sig 226 in 40s&w. They did not have a clue on the bullets carried or the weight.
Old 08-21-2014, 18:31   #70
mongo356

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Not trying to be an *** but considering his eyesocket was just bashed in shooting seemed to get adequate pdq.........I know what your trying to say though.

My experience about 1/3 seem to practice & do well. But trigger time isn't the entire ball of wax.

Last edited by mongo356; 08-21-2014 at 18:34..
Old 08-21-2014, 19:38   #71
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post
Not trying to be an *** but considering his eyesocket was just bashed in shooting seemed to get adequate pdq.........I know what your trying to say though.

My experience about 1/3 seem to practice & do well. But trigger time isn't the entire ball of wax.
No but consider ones entire career can be Make or break on one single incident. If you are a marginal shooter on the range, you won't rise to the occasion in combat, just not gonna happen. If that mindset were true, then he elite police & military would be fine with quals 3-4x a year. Consider maybe 98% of all Leo, even fewer ccw, will ever get into a gunfight, opinions will very & have little to do with an actual fight exp. to say that is say those 98% of Leo aren't ready just because they have not yet been in a fight.
I have Leo training, so it's not like I don't understand rules of engagement. IMO, he messed up big time engaging anyone from inside his car. He limited his options & it nearly cost him his life, may still cost him his career. The shooting portion was really academic. I just responded to someone calling a lucky headshot some conclusion as to his ability. The autopsy pretty much shows, IMO, the Vic was struck in the head while falling forward. Not sure how you get that shot any other way.
Again, not hacking on Leo, I am always glad when we get some out on the range with us & they usually see how valuable dynamic practice in something like idpa can enhance their training & upgrade their shooting. Your gun handling needs to be automatic. If you are thinking about your shooting, then your tactical awareness is going to suffer. You don't get that by not pulling the trigger often. This goes for Leo or ccw types. Practice like you expect a fight, then if it happens, your chance of survival will only get better.

Last edited by fredj338; 08-21-2014 at 19:46..
Old 08-21-2014, 22:17   #72
Ohio Copper

Just remember, shooting paper is one thing, shooting someone attacking you is definitely another...

I invite anybody here to shoot my agencies qualification. If you can make it through the first phase, I'd be surprised. Make sure you're in well enough physical condition to pop out the first twenty five push-ups.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 08-21-2014, 23:02   #73
mj9mm

six rounds on a big target, getting bigger fast, with a busted up orbital socket! ( smashed face)

sounds like good defensive shooting to me
Old 08-22-2014, 03:02   #74
Blackhawk556

I haven't looked into this story much but, if the chip has a broken eye socket, I really don't see how he did wrong.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:55   #75
panzer1
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbones View Post
Do you think the LEO should walk for shooting an unarmed man.
Well do YOU think a "unarmed man" should walk for robbing a store & then trying to attack & disarm and take a LEO firearm?? (He most likely would have killed the LEO) If he got his gun. When the truth comes out I am willing to bet that this guy is nothing but a thug.

Last edited by panzer1; 08-22-2014 at 03:57..
Old 08-22-2014, 06:24   #76
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj9mm View Post
six rounds on a big target, getting bigger fast, with a busted up orbital socket! ( smashed face)

sounds like good defensive shooting to me
Yes. You have to look at the event in whole, not in part. Under ordinary circumstances, was the officer particularly proficient in shooting Brown? Maybe not. In THESE circumstances where the officer has just sustained a blow to the head significant enough to break bones? Yeah.... I'd say he did fine.
Quote:
Of course not. He should definitely NOT walk for shooting an unarmed man.

I think he should dance a friggin' jig.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227

Last edited by volsbear; 08-22-2014 at 06:24..
Old 08-22-2014, 06:28   #77
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
When the investigation is complete if it shows the officer story is true yes indeed.

Anyone including George Zimmerman should walk in a similar case. However in this case I think you're going to see more substantial injuries and better physical evidence to back up the officers claims.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 08-22-2014, 07:16   #78
steveksux
Massive Member

Haven't read the whole thread, maybe this has been posted already.

What was the total number of rounds fired?

If people are grousing because he got 6 hits and only two good ones, they are misinformed. I believed it was common knowledge that generally it is not uncommon to have more misses than hits.

If he got 6 hits out of 6 shots, even if only 2 were good hits, he's at the head of the class even with a busted up eye socket.

I believe it was NYC that published their stats, and the hit rate was well below 50%.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 08-22-2014 at 07:18..
Old 08-22-2014, 07:29   #79
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Why not? What does being unarmed have to do with it?

Should the LEO have offered him a weapon to make it a fair fight?

Seeing as he had tried to arm himself with the officers weapon once already, and was approaching at a high rate of speed while at gunpoint, the obvious implication was he planned to take the officer's gun this time also. Plus the guy was huge and had beat him up pretty good moments ago in the car.

If those assumptions turn out to be true, he should get a commendation for shooting an unarmed man.

People focusing on just the fact he was unarmed have blinders on. The question is whether he is posing an imminent threat of great bodily harm or death. Having a weapon is only one of various ways to do that.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 08-22-2014 at 07:31..
Old 08-22-2014, 08:47   #80
James Dean

The head shot could also prove that Brown was charging towards the officer. From what I've heard he fell face first a few feet away from Wilson. Put yourself in the officers place. Your alone, You get into a serious confrontation with two guys, assaulted by a guy as big as Brown forced to shoot and this guy keeps coming. Its like something out of a made for TV movie, or a bad dream. Either way you have to live with it for the rest of your life. I'm glad I own a Dairy Queen.

Closed Thread