Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 20:32   #241
clancy
Senior Member
 
clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Just an observation.


Good luck.
I would hope your powers of observation were better than that. A simple check of previous posts would show you are wrong. In your line of work though I can see where paranoia is healthy.
clancy is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 21:37   #242
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
I would hope your powers of observation were better than that. A simple check of previous posts would show you are wrong. In your line of work though I can see where paranoia is healthy.
Thinly veiled but present nonetheless.


We are defined by the life choices that we make, a simple check of previous posts would show that.
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56   #243
clancy
Senior Member
 
clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Thinly veiled but present nonetheless.


We are defined by the life choices that we make, a simple check of previous posts would show that.
We can exchange subtle insults forever. I still feel that getting a ticket for having snow on my license plate, when it is snowing, is BS. But then again, I don't have to worry about meeting a quota or justify a fishing expedition by writing a ticket. I also think that pulling someone over with the hopes of getting another DWI arrest, and then using as lame as an excuse as "your license plate lights appear dim" is also BS. Your point of view is different, because it has to be to justify your employment.
clancy is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 08:59   #244
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,426
Blog Entries: 1


Who has a quota?
They took that away by law decades ago.
Now I can write as many as I like!
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 09:46   #245
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
We can exchange subtle insults forever. I still feel that getting a ticket for having snow on my license plate, when it is snowing, is BS. But then again, I don't have to worry about meeting a quota or justify a fishing expedition by writing a ticket. I also think that pulling someone over with the hopes of getting another DWI arrest, and then using as lame as an excuse as "your license plate lights appear dim" is also BS. Your point of view is different, because it has to be to justify your employment.
No quota here. Hell, I really don't have to do anything at work but answer radio calls.

Anybody who actually knows LE work knows you don't really have to work hard for an OVI arrest, they're always there.

Again, you don't know what you don't know and it's proven over and over and over again.
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 08-22-2014, 18:07   #246
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,426
Blog Entries: 1


Pulled over for expired tabs:

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...ideo/14413615/
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 08-23-2014, 11:48   #247
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,650


TBO and the concept of "anti-authority."

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
We can exchange subtle insults forever. I still feel that getting a ticket for having snow on my license plate, when it is snowing, is BS. But then again, I don't have to worry about meeting a quota or justify a fishing expedition by writing a ticket. I also think that pulling someone over with the hopes of getting another DWI arrest, and then using as lame as an excuse as "your license plate lights appear dim" is also BS. Your point of view is different, because it has to be to justify your employment.

Clancy - the tax paying public understands your position and sympathizes with you. It's harassment. They may justify it because they make some arrests on those stops but that doesn't justify fabricating reasons to stop citizens. There are more important things than arresting "criminals", like the freedom to move about without being harassed.

The dim plate lights was a fabricated reason to stop you. Without making that excuse up the trooper was breaking the law and violating your civil rights. By fabricating it everything is nice and legal but fundamentally no different.

If you were able to sue him personally things like this would stop.


Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now  
Old 08-23-2014, 12:56   #248
clancy
Senior Member
 
clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Clancy - the tax paying public understands your position and sympathizes with you. It's harassment. They may justify it because they make some arrests on those stops but that doesn't justify fabricating reasons to stop citizens. There are more important things than arresting "criminals", like the freedom to move about without being harassed.

The dim plate lights was a fabricated reason to stop you. Without making that excuse up the trooper was breaking the law and violating your civil rights. By fabricating it everything is nice and legal but fundamentally no different.

If you were able to sue him personally things like this would stop.


Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
I am glad I am not the only one who gets this. And yet some cops act surprised when people look at them as adversaries instead of allies.

Last edited by clancy; 08-23-2014 at 13:02..
clancy is offline  
Old 08-24-2014, 19:47   #249
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,650


Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
I am glad I am not the only one who gets this. And yet some cops act surprised when people look at them as adversaries instead of allies.

You're not alone. You're out there hustling to make an honest living and pay taxes. You don't deserve to be hassled unnecessarily like that, while your tax dollars pay for it.


Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now  
Old 08-27-2014, 09:54   #250
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,426
Blog Entries: 1


Often comments are a reflection of the poster.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 08-27-2014, 15:15   #251
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra1 View Post


Hey man...policing is ULTRA hard work (and not even in the top 10 most dangerous occupations).
So what was your username the first time around?
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 08-27-2014, 16:15   #252
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,426
Blog Entries: 1


You seem to know your way around already. 😎
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 08-27-2014, 16:23   #253
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,606
I, as well as TBO are municipal police officers.

What is it that you do for a living?
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 08-27-2014, 16:34   #254
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,650


Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra1 View Post
Ah, well all this makes sense now. And why does it matter what I do for a living? I didn't ask you what you did, it's kind of obvious by your username.

They have their own echo chamber called CopTalk under Serving America.


Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now  
Old 08-27-2014, 16:45   #255
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,426
Blog Entries: 1


Definitely a retread. Definitely.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:46.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 680
174 Members
506 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31