Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 20:32   #241
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Just an observation.

Good luck.
I would hope your powers of observation were better than that. A simple check of previous posts would show you are wrong. In your line of work though I can see where paranoia is healthy.
Old 08-21-2014, 21:37   #242
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
I would hope your powers of observation were better than that. A simple check of previous posts would show you are wrong. In your line of work though I can see where paranoia is healthy.
Thinly veiled but present nonetheless.

We are defined by the life choices that we make, a simple check of previous posts would show that.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56   #243
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Thinly veiled but present nonetheless.

We are defined by the life choices that we make, a simple check of previous posts would show that.
We can exchange subtle insults forever. I still feel that getting a ticket for having snow on my license plate, when it is snowing, is BS. But then again, I don't have to worry about meeting a quota or justify a fishing expedition by writing a ticket. I also think that pulling someone over with the hopes of getting another DWI arrest, and then using as lame as an excuse as "your license plate lights appear dim" is also BS. Your point of view is different, because it has to be to justify your employment.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:59   #244
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Who has a quota?
They took that away by law decades ago.
Now I can write as many as I like!

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:46   #245
Ohio Copper

Quote:
We can exchange subtle insults forever. I still feel that getting a ticket for having snow on my license plate, when it is snowing, is BS. But then again, I don't have to worry about meeting a quota or justify a fishing expedition by writing a ticket. I also think that pulling someone over with the hopes of getting another DWI arrest, and then using as lame as an excuse as "your license plate lights appear dim" is also BS. Your point of view is different, because it has to be to justify your employment.
No quota here. Hell, I really don't have to do anything at work but answer radio calls.

Anybody who actually knows LE work knows you don't really have to work hard for an OVI arrest, they're always there.

Again, you don't know what you don't know and it's proven over and over and over again.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 08-22-2014, 18:07   #246
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Pulled over for expired tabs:

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...ideo/14413615/

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:48   #247
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

TBO and the concept of "anti-authority."

Quote:

Clancy - the tax paying public understands your position and sympathizes with you. It's harassment. They may justify it because they make some arrests on those stops but that doesn't justify fabricating reasons to stop citizens. There are more important things than arresting "criminals", like the freedom to move about without being harassed.

The dim plate lights was a fabricated reason to stop you. Without making that excuse up the trooper was breaking the law and violating your civil rights. By fabricating it everything is nice and legal but fundamentally no different.

If you were able to sue him personally things like this would stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-23-2014, 12:56   #248
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Clancy - the tax paying public understands your position and sympathizes with you. It's harassment. They may justify it because they make some arrests on those stops but that doesn't justify fabricating reasons to stop citizens. There are more important things than arresting "criminals", like the freedom to move about without being harassed.

The dim plate lights was a fabricated reason to stop you. Without making that excuse up the trooper was breaking the law and violating your civil rights. By fabricating it everything is nice and legal but fundamentally no different.

If you were able to sue him personally things like this would stop.

I am glad I am not the only one who gets this. And yet some cops act surprised when people look at them as adversaries instead of allies.

Last edited by clancy; 08-23-2014 at 13:02..
Old 08-24-2014, 19:47   #249
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
I am glad I am not the only one who gets this. And yet some cops act surprised when people look at them as adversaries instead of allies.

You're not alone. You're out there hustling to make an honest living and pay taxes. You don't deserve to be hassled unnecessarily like that, while your tax dollars pay for it.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-27-2014, 09:54   #250
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Often comments are a reflection of the poster.

Old 08-27-2014, 15:15   #251
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra1 View Post

Hey man...policing is ULTRA hard work (and not even in the top 10 most dangerous occupations).
So what was your username the first time around?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 08-27-2014, 16:15   #252
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

You seem to know your way around already. 😎

Old 08-27-2014, 16:23   #253
Ohio Copper

I, as well as TBO are municipal police officers.

What is it that you do for a living?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 08-27-2014, 16:34   #254
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra1 View Post
Ah, well all this makes sense now. And why does it matter what I do for a living? I didn't ask you what you did, it's kind of obvious by your username.

They have their own echo chamber called CopTalk under Serving America.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-27-2014, 16:45   #255
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Definitely a retread. Definitely.

Closed Thread