SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-19-2014, 18:27   #1321
BlueEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Your either trying to be a troll or you just weird. Either way enough of you for me.
When you accept love into your life, it might help you in other areas of your life.
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 00:10   #1322
sns3guppy

Quote:
Your either trying to be a troll or you just weird. Either way enough of you for me.
Blue Eyes speaks English and talks in complete sentences. You may have to work on that.

You're apparently not familiar with the Serenity Prayer, or its source.

It might be something to think about, rather than turning to a confessed murderer as your idol.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 14:16   #1323
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I also respect their opinion on this. As I posted earlier I would imagine the military opinion is mixed, just as the non military opinion is. I would bet a majority would favor Chris in the lawsuit matter but no way to know or prove that.

No way to verify those fund raiser numbers as that company (Forged) is a privately owned one. I would think they are legit, no reason to lie. In fact I would think if they lied about the amount of money they raised it would only serve to slow down orders (thus donations) as some people would be less likely to feel the need to donate since they had already raised so much.

I have two emails from them already apologizing for the delay in shipping my shirt, they seem to be back ordered for a few weeks.

(edit)

Just got this email from Forged:

"This shipment includes the following items:

Item # Description Qty
M-00-01-99-3 THE LEGEND -CHARCOAL - L / CHARCOAL / MEN 1"

So it shipped.
The military people I'm around aren't favoring Kyle at all. Especially now that it's been shown that Kyle lied about that and other things. Much like you see here, where you're pretty much on your own in here anymore.

As for that company having a reason to lie, they sure do. As I mentioned before, I have some background in advertising. They're using the 'Bandwagon Effect' there. Making something seem more desirable because so many others want it, therefore you should too. It's a very common advertising ploy. They're also using adding in the urgency that if you don't jump on the bandwagon now (order a shirt), your chance will be lost forever. That email you got a while back telling of order overload was using the same ploy. Telling you that so many people ordered that they couldn't keep up with the demand would only make a person feel better about having gotten an order in. I've seen it many, many times.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 19:59   #1324
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
The military people I'm around aren't favoring Kyle at all. Especially now that it's been shown that Kyle lied about that and other things. Much like you see here, where you're pretty much on your own in here anymore.

As for that company having a reason to lie, they sure do. As I mentioned before, I have some background in advertising. They're using the 'Bandwagon Effect' there. Making something seem more desirable because so many others want it, therefore you should too. It's a very common advertising ploy. They're also using adding in the urgency that if you don't jump on the bandwagon now (order a shirt), your chance will be lost forever. That email you got a while back telling of order overload was using the same ploy. Telling you that so many people ordered that they couldn't keep up with the demand would only make a person feel better about having gotten an order in. I've seen it many, many times.
I "am on my own is here" now with what 5-6 people who disagree with me. I can live with that. It's not like I am 1 against 100 or anything. I think most people on both sides of this have moved on from this thread. I think it will get stirred up again some when the movie comes out.

No way to know what the sales of the shirt are. The book was a NYT best seller, a major movie is coming online quickly. The popularity of Chris is established so I don't find it unbelievable at all that they have sold 35,000 shirts. Why do think they might be lying? Is there something to indicate that?

Last edited by Ruggles; 08-20-2014 at 20:00..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 20:30   #1325
BlueEyes

Quote:
I "am on my own is here" now with what 5-6 people who disagree with me. I can live with that. It's not like I am 1 against 100 or anything. I think most people on both sides of this have moved on from this thread. I think it will get stirred up again some when the movie comes out.

No way to know what the sales of the shirt are. The book was a NYT best seller, a major movie is coming online quickly. The popularity of Chris is established so I don't find it unbelievable at all that they have sold 35,000 shirts. Why do think they might be lying? Is there something to indicate that?
Ruggles,
You might want to consider that it isn't the number of people that disagree with you or agree with you. It has to do with what is right and good.

Then again I understand that there are people who follow their crowd and give into peer pressure because they need to feel loved and accepted.
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 22:09   #1326
sns3guppy

Quote:
Why do think they might be lying? Is there something to indicate that?
It would be honoring the Kyle legacy, wouldn't it?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:49   #1327
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

Quote:

The number of folks who have been elected more than once should have cooled you off on the whole idea of established popularity.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:44   #1328
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
The number of folks who have been elected more than once should have cooled you off on the whole idea of established popularity.
When I am taking about this case being in the court of public opinion where it is now then it is a factor. No way around the fact that the public perception of these two men before the case effects the public perception of these two men after the case.

As far as established popularity my point was having a NYT bestseller (#1 even I believe) and Clint Eastwood and a major studio making a movie about a subject is a fairly good measure to estimate that selling 35,000 shirts is reasonable.

Last edited by Ruggles; 08-21-2014 at 10:00..
Old 08-21-2014, 09:54   #1329
PaulMason

Quote:
When I am taking about this case being in the court of public opinion where it is now then it is a factor. No way around the fact that the public perception of these two men before the case effects the public perception of these two men after the case.
Yea, JV cleared his name CK dirtied his name. Sad and true.
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:12   #1330
sns3guppy

Quote:

As far as established popularity my point was having a NYT bestseller (#1 even I believe) and Clint Eastwood and a major studio making a movie about a subject is a fairly good measure to estimate that selling 35,000 shirts is reasonable.
First it was facebook. Being popular on the kiddie channel, because as mature adultes we all know how important it is to have hoards of pimple faced teenie-boppers "like" you on the kiddie show.

Then it's tee shirts. Never mind the matter having been proven by preponderance of evidence in court. Never mind it having been firmly established by witnesses. Never mind the fact that Kyle himself lied openly on national television as he bragged about enough murders to make him a serial killer, and earn him the death penalty as a felon. Never mind the truth. Someone sold tee shirts, and enough mindless lemmings bought them that the truth doesn't really matter. It's all about "likes" on facebook, and uninformed people who buy a tee shirt. There you go.

It gets better. A movie changes everything. Why settle for uninformed posters who try to make their point with patriotic pictures of Kyle next to a flag (as if that changes anything). He must be right because (que the choir of angels) Clint Eastwood himself is directing a movie about Kyle's life. Wow. That clears it up. Thanks. "Likes," tee shirts, and now Clint. You should have been an attorney. You've uncovered a valuable truth. Kyle may have been a confessed murderer, slanderer, libelist, and liar, but damn if he doesn't have ignorant kids that like him, an antique movie star that's directing a movie about him, and a bunch of tee shirts with his picture. You sure know how to get to the truth, don't you?

Let's not disregard the fact that the "NYT Best Seller" contains lies, and by that fact alone, has no credibility. Sold as the truth, nothing in the book need be believed, and it carries no more weight than Lance Armstrong's book(s). We may assume the same for the movie, given Kyle's lack of veracity and his wild need to tell lies to bolster his image. We will save the discussion for the mentality of those who hold him up as some shining beacon for later. Not really a stellar crowd themselves, lacking the basic reasoning to see the truth. Ironically, the same folks that buy the tee shirts. Nothing like a fanbase of ignorant fools to make a statement, is there?
Old 08-22-2014, 20:12   #1331
PaulMason

Ruggles where are you?????????????
Old 08-22-2014, 20:45   #1332
Ruggles

Shirt arrived today.

The Furball Forum

Good stuff.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:41   #1333
sns3guppy

Quote:
Shirt arrived today.

Good stuff.
"The Legend."

Too bad "the legend" is a lie.

Why not substitute "The Legend" with "Serial Killer," instead.

He did confess on national television, if you'll recall.

Of course, that was a lie, too...
Old 08-23-2014, 08:58   #1334
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
"The Legend."

Too bad "the legend" is a lie.

Why not substitute "The Legend" with "Serial Killer," instead.

He did confess on national television, if you'll recall.

Of course, that was a lie, too...
It should read:

'The Cover-up Campaign'

or

'Money For Millionaires Campaign'

or

'Chris Lied and Honor Died Campaign'
Old 09-02-2014, 17:24   #1335
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Because they were hired to sell shirts, and they'd be negligent in doing their job if they didn't use tried and true methods of increasing sales. And what I described is a very tried and very true method.

And 5 or 6 against just you is as fair of a popularity assessment as a bunch of face book likes, especially since there's no opposing number being tracked.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote