Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:29   #1
hammerkill

need advice for old cats

We have two old cats, Missy and Petey who are around 15. Missy's hips are wearing out and Petey has arthritis real bad. We have them on buprenorphine. It is expensive but gives relief. They get it 3 times a day. The vet wants to wean them off of it but the cat's are hurting. I think the vet is giving up. We also give them laser treatments. I realize that the time is near to send them across the "rainbow bridge" but other than the aforementioned problems they are OK. Is there anything else not as expensive? Is there a cheaper source for the buprenorphine? Any ideas to make their remaining days comfortable? Thanks.
hammerkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:24   #2
ARP

My vet does

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerkill View Post
We have two old cats, Missy and Petey who are around 15. Missy's hips are wearing out and Petey has arthritis real bad. We have them on buprenorphine. It is expensive but gives relief. They get it 3 times a day. The vet wants to wean them off of it but the cat's are hurting. I think the vet is giving up. We also give them laser treatments. I realize that the time is near to send them across the "rainbow bridge" but other than the aforementioned problems they are OK. Is there anything else not as expensive? Is there a cheaper source for the buprenorphine? Any ideas to make their remaining days comfortable? Thanks.
chiro adjustments and acupuncture. She has folk who travel from MD to WPA for treatment.
ARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 21:55   #3
rugercat78

Is there another vet you can see? I don't know how expensive it is, but you could try meloxicam (metacam) or a steroid like prednisolone. Both have long-term use side effects, but it's worth a try. Good luck

Last edited by rugercat78; 09-04-2014 at 21:55..
rugercat78 is offline   Reply With Quote