Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-28-2014, 16:20   #1
Bren
NRA Life Member

Anybody going to the gun show this weekend in Louisville?

I'm probably going to go down there and see if I can trade or sell my M&P .45 so I can get a Ruger Vaquero or 2.
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 00:04   #2
rolltide_pisco
NRA Life Member

I live 4 hours from L-ville but I'm hoping to make Knob Creek in April and the NRA meetings in Indy.

Edit: We have a gun show in Paducah every other month. Next one is March 15-16

Last edited by rolltide_pisco; 03-01-2014 at 00:07..
rolltide_pisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:53   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

It looks like the price of going in makes every gun deal a loser, but I'm going anyhow - still trying to find a .44 Ruger Vaquero to trade my S&W M&P .45 for. Anybody that has a trade like that, feel free to send me a PM - I'll be in Louisville shortly.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:37   #4
BrentC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
It looks like the price of going in makes every gun deal a loser.
What is the price of going in?
BrentC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:46   #5
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentC View Post
What is the price of going in?
I think $12 + $8 to park

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-01-2014, 17:16   #6
Bren
NRA Life Member

If you were tempted to go to the National Gun day Show at the Fair and Expo Center

DON'T

I can't overemphasize that. $32 for me and my wife to park and get in the show...unless you are looking for antiques, you will be sadly disappointed. My wife said it was "like a 3-table gun show in the middle of an antique show." I think there were more cowboy hats than modern firearms. I was even looking for guns for cowboy action shooting and I was disappointed - all they had were real antique Colts. The only guy with Vaqueros was the same nut job I saw at the last show, in Lexington, trying to sell used Vaqueros for $200-300 more than Bud's charges for new ones.

The only up side is, there were so few modern guns available that as soon as I walked in with my M&P .45 and Kel Tec P3AT people were trying to buy them and I sold both within minutes, at my asking price.
Old 03-01-2014, 20:04   #7
matt_lowry123

Quote:
If you were tempted to go to the National Gun day Show at the Fair and Expo Center

DON'T

I can't overemphasize that. $32 for me and my wife to park and get in the show...unless you are looking for antiques, you will be sadly disappointed. My wife said it was "like a 3-table gun show in the middle of an antique show." I think there were more cowboy hats than modern firearms. I was even looking for guns for cowboy action shooting and I was disappointed - all they had were real antique Colts. The only guy with Vaqueros was the same nut job I saw at the last show, in Lexington, trying to sell used Vaqueros for $200-300 more than Bud's charges for new ones.

The only up side is, there were so few modern guns available that as soon as I walked in with my M&P .45 and Kel Tec P3AT people were trying to buy them and I sold both within minutes, at my asking price.

That's cool that you got the asking price. I would have figured Louisville would have been a good place for a gun show. They're crap at best in Owensboro. People will go to it and then go to whittakers to buy what they really want.
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 23:36   #8
BKMeyers

cost

Quote:
I think $12 + $8 to park

Thanks for the heads up on the disappointing show. I've told my wife that I'd like to go sometime but at $20 to park and enter, $10+ for fuel and another $10 or so to eat something I would have to find a really smokin' deal to make it worthwhile.

BK
BKMeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:46   #9
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_lowry123 View Post
That's cool that you got the asking price. I would have figured Louisville would have been a good place for a gun show. They're crap at best in Owensboro. People will go to it and then go to whittakers to buy what they really want.
Louisville used to be good. This one had less people and a LOT less gun dealers. Sherwood's was the only big gun shop I recall seeing there. Most of it was western/civil war/WW II antiques. I have never seen a Louisville show that bad before.