Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2014, 19:50   #21
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

I dislike Hank, too. But he's infinitely more interesting than Walt and Jessie F'ing everything up every episode. Is it 7 years of them ALMOST getting caught every episode?
Old 02-16-2014, 19:57   #22
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
I dislike Hank, too. But he's infinitely more interesting than Walt and Jessie F'ing everything up every episode. Is it 7 years of them ALMOST getting caught every episode?
No.

There are only 5 seasons. 6 if you count the last being split in two.

It covers a period of exactly 2 years.

TRust me dennis…keep watching. You WILL thank me later.

It snowballs like you wont believe. 5A is really powerful.
5B is a rollercoaster and the last 4 episodes require a change of underwear.

Just wait till 5A. Epic Episode: Dead Freight. Tension masterpiece.

You will be a junkie by the time its over. 2 finishes strong. 3 is intense. 4 is winner.

It is the only show in the history of the medium that gets better every season.

HAve you hit One Minute yet? That was a sea change intensity. The parking lot scene…just wait.

Hank is not nearly as interesting as Walt, because Hank is mostly the same. Walt is the transformative figure. He evolves over the course of the series. What it was all about and how Vince sold it to the network: Mr Chips becomes Scarface.

My faves:
Season one: Crazy handful of nothin…
Season Two: Grilled, ABQ (season openers and closers are always strong)
Season Three: One Minute, Half Measures, Full Measure
Season Four: Box Cutter, Faceoff
Season 5A: Dead Freight, Say My Name
5B: ALL of em, especially To'hajillee, Ozymandias and Felina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by G29Reload; 02-16-2014 at 20:08..
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 20:03   #23
Scott3670

OK, I don't watch a lot of TV, so can you all tell me what show this is? Thanks.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Scott3670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 20:05   #24
r3dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Hank is more interesting than Walt? What?

Hank is a boring ahole that most people grew to hate.
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 20:26   #25
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3670 View Post
OK, I don't watch a lot of TV, so can you all tell me what show this is? Thanks.

Breaking Bad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-16-2014, 20:42   #26
costanza187
I like Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3670 View Post
Stop what you are doing immediately! Go directly to the Netflix website and subscribe. Watch at least one season of Breaking Bad then report back.
Old 02-16-2014, 21:38   #27
Scott3670

My wife has a Netflix account already. But I work about 60 hours a week (on a short week) so any TV time is a pure luxury. Anyway, I've wanted to watch Breaking Bad as I've heard that it was one of the very best shows on TV.

Old 02-16-2014, 21:54   #28
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

It is a serialized drama so you should watch it in order, from the beginning. The pilot was great and hooked me, by the second episode and the bottom of the bathtub falling out, i was a junkie.

Old 02-16-2014, 21:59   #29
Scott3670

Well, had I known this about six weeks ago I would have knocked out a few seasons. I just finished six weeks of medical leave for shoulder surgery, and since I was medically forbidden to shoot any guns I could have spent my time watching this show.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:08   #30
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Saw tuco on my name is earl and he wasn't so tough

Okie is one KooL Cat
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:47   #31
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Who is Tuco?
Take your pick..............

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

Last edited by snerd; 02-17-2014 at 19:21..
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:35   #32
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Saw tuco on my name is earl and he wasn't so tough

Um…whut? The character Tuco on Breaking Bad is unique and not featured in any other series or movie. He was created and ended on Br Bad and is seen no where else. If the same actor, Ray Cruz played different roles elsewhere, that would not be relevant to the discussion.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:33   #33
Haldor
Retired EE

I never thought I would find a TV show that I liked better than Firefly. Breaking Bad is better in every measurable way possible.

It is hard to overstate how good BB is.

Only thing is I really wish they had filmed an alternate ending where Walt wakes up, he is in the Witness Protection program and it is the beginning of Malcolm in the Middle. That would have been truly hilarious.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:37   #34
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza187 View Post
Stop what you are doing immediately! Go directly to the Netflix website and subscribe. Watch at least one season of Breaking Bad then report back.
Just watch Season 1, Episode 1. If that doesn't hook you then I don't think I want to know you.

One of the amazing things about BB is how they will often show you the ending scene of the episode at the very beginning of the episode and you still don't see it coming.

The plot twists continue to catch you by surprise while never feeling contrived. Absolutely top quality writing.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 18:55   #35
SevenSixtyTwo

Breaking Bad was the best series I've ever watched. I thought it would be boring. Once you get into the mood of the series, you'll be hooked. Unless you're shallow and empty.

Yeah I thought Lydia was hot too. Nice legs!
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 19:29   #36
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
I never thought I would find a TV show that I liked better than Firefly. Breaking Bad is better in every measurable way possible.

It is hard to overstate how good BB is.

Only thing is I really wish they had filmed an alternate ending where Walt wakes up, he is in the Witness Protection program and it is the beginning of Malcolm in the Middle. That would have been truly hilarious.
Your dream was answered. Jane Karmazek stopped by the set and they filmed him waking up and telling her what an awful dream he just had. It's been done. Included in the collectors barrel set and may still be online.

Old 02-17-2014, 19:45   #37
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post

One of the amazing things about BB is how they will often show you the ending scene of the episode at the very beginning of the episode and you still don't see it coming.
The cold opens are legendary.

Some are heartbreakers, like in Dead Freight. Finally, last 30 seconds. Devastating. By the time you're 15 mins into the episode you've forgotten all about the open. Then the end comes and holy @#%! No…hes not gonna…No…OMG!

And that 30 seconds changes the whole direction and mood of the series.

Some are shown at one point and you don't see what it is till the end of the season, or series, like 501's open, 509's open are only a scene apart from each other, and the puzzle isn't fully assembled till 516, half way thru the series finale….and you're like…ah…now it all makes sense.

The To'hajillee /Ozymandias cliffhanger / re-open/cold open flashback is beyond genius…I screamed when that one scene ended in the middle and had to wait a week to see where it picked up…and it didn't…not without a little delay…that made you want to cry…then shoved you right back in the deep end. People I know screamed Vince ought to be sued for mental anguish..

I have never. Ever. In the history of television…been so enthralled by such a great show. Vince's imagination, his trip thru NYU film school, the friends he made and what led up to this team effort is an alignment of the stars that might only happen once in a lifetime.

If that weren't maddening enough….Vince Gilligan only knew the basic arc of the seasons and series, some writing conventions and ideas along with persistent themes.

He did NOT know exactly how it was going to end.

When that trunk opened at the beginning of 501's open and he looked down at it…(redacted for spoiler)….he had NO IDEA how he was going to pay it off. How it would be used.

The team deliberately wrote themselves into a corner and was not until the final season that they knew how it had to end…and it took the entire year to write it. They flew by the seat of their pants and made it up as they went.

Because the show's termination was not always known, and threatened at various points, like at the end of season 4 (3 million to make an episode will do that)

…"I won". Could have been the series swan song. Seasons 5 A and 5B were not a certainty and the series conclusion was almost shopped to another network.

Old 02-17-2014, 20:49   #38
SevenSixtyTwo

Some of the suspense, heartache and shock were so intense I sometimes found myself wishing for the end of the series just so I could draw closure and relax. Yeah I know it was fiction but just the same, it drew me in like I became part of it. Good writing, directing and acting.
Old 02-21-2014, 20:48   #39
Kevinr20

I just finished the last of the series. Started it about a week and a half ago. It's a great show but I still felt it couldn't top my favorite show in Dexter.

But then again, when you watch the show once a week, you feel an emotional development with the characters over the years as opposed to watching it from beginning to end in a couple weeks.

I watched Dexter almost the full 7 years it was on. That's a lot of time invested into the show and characters that make you enjoy it more.

Last edited by Kevinr20; 02-21-2014 at 20:51..
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 21:18   #40
SevenSixtyTwo

Crap! Now I'm going to have to check out Dexter...