Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2014, 23:11   #1
RollingThunder0

G30SF Grip Plug?

I am looking for a grip plug for my Gen 3 Glock 30sf.

I purchased one and later found out it is for a Gen 3 Glock 21SF (and still have it, will sell for $10).

In the past, Pearce made a G30SF grip plug that fits G30SF's that were made before either 2006 or 2012, and it will not fit any G30SF that was made after that year. My G30SF is used, so I'm not sure if I can use this or not, regardless, I really want one that extends to be flush with the bottom of the magazine base plate. I can't believe it's this difficult to just have a COMPLETE GRIP. What the hell was Glock thinking?

I'm sure there have been, and are, many people out there who have wanted a grip plug for their somewhat newer G30 or G30SF and I'm curious if any of these people have had any luck.

Different G30(SF) question - I've heard the 9 round .45acp mag for the G30/G30SF will fit the G29 pearce pinky extension. I'm would really like to have someone confirm or deny this before I go buy a 9 rounder and the G29 pearce extension - if anyone knows the answer to this Glock mystery , please fill me in.

Thank you all for your time

Last edited by RollingThunder0; 02-12-2014 at 23:19..
RollingThunder0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 00:47   #2
March817

The G29 Pearce extension will fit a G30 9rd mag. You will need to find out when your G30SF was made in order to know if the old Pearce plug will fit.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:16   #3
tager

Morning RollingThunder0;

I made one for my 30-S from a Pearce PG-F129 as a starting point. (the 30-S is about the same frame as you 30SF

It took a fair amount of sanding & filing with frequent trial fits but with about 25 minutes of sanding & precision filing it fits pretty darn good & looks great.

I had to lengthen the slot in the grip plug slightly to allow the barrel part to pinch in to more of a taper, then sand it to a further taper, but with a lot of persistence it slid right in with a fairly tight friction fit.

To positively retain the grip plug in the grip of my 30-S I drilled a small hole .081" in the back of the grip plug "in the very center of the factory lanyard hole of the gun grip" then used a small #2/56 stainless steel screw that it's head was just slightly smaller than the factory hole. First I blued/blacked the stainless screw using SS-370.

Plug looks just as good as the Pearce plugs in my other Glocks (just involves more work to get one to fit the 30-S/30SF
tager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g30sf, gen 3 glock 30, gen 3 glock 30sf, glock 30, glock 30sf