GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:14   #1
Defiant1

Boy did I screw up with Viridian laser!!

Bought a Viridian C5 green laser the other day for the 30SF and plan to use it on the G21 also. LUV the thing. It is a boon for my aging eyesight. Can see in daytime and at night, WOW! I should have really done some homework on holsters though!! The TacLoc that Viridian sells does not fit either the 21 or the 30. The other thing is , I'm left handed!! They have a left hand model for but they do not fit either weapon. Have spent half the weekend Googling and going to almost every holster mfg. with no luck. Anyone know of some maker who has a holster for a glock 30SF with a Viridian Attached? It is my EDC in the warmer months and the 21 I use in the colder weather. I realize I could probably get someone to make a custom holster but I'm on S.S. pension and cannot afford that type of luxury. Really sucks having a weapon that is now ideal for me, but can't find anything to carry it in. I know all the naysayers about lasers etc., but this is a great tool for me and my situation, and if that works, then it only makes me more proficient and confident. That's a good thing.
Defiant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:47   #2
The Gemini

I am also left handed, and also a fan of Viridian. You are going to have a very difficult time finding what you're looking for.

Your best option is to search for someone local who works with Kydex and have them make you a holster. Typically, that should cost you approx $50 or so. I know you said you are on Social Security, but if you just drop a good amount of coin on the laser, $50 shouldn't be too hateful.

Next best option is to look at the more well known Kydex holster makers. NTAC is a good one for example, as are many others. Kydex is relatively inexpensive, and much easier to create custom combos with than leather.

II

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Top Guns .357 Sig Club member #1971

It's definitely not "definately", and it definitely isn't "definitaly".
The Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:24   #3
roger123

Give Werkz holsters a call, they may be able to make one for you. I have no affiliation nor do I have one of their holsters, I just heard about them the other day on one of the gun podcasts I listen too. Guy seemed like a straight up dude.

I was just looking around on the Viridian site (nice lasers), give them a call, you never know they may be able to make you one as well.

Werkz.com

Last edited by roger123; 11-03-2013 at 05:40..
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:21   #4
GlockDetroit

Raven concealment systems make great kydex LC holsters, try checking them out as well
Old 11-03-2013, 07:35   #5
colts1287

I'm not trying to be a dick but you have at least 2 $500+ guns a $350 laser. But you cant spend $70 on a good holster? Take the laser off until you can save up for the holster.
colts1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:52   #6
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Look at the Raven Phantom holster for your gun with Surefire light combo. It will fit the X5L. Get 3/4 L x 1/8-1/4" thickx1/2"w magnet. Glue in holster fold with superglue at middle of area where laser flat bottom part contacts the holster. (check with magnet on laser first before gluing). Not only will the gun and laser fit, BUT it will turn the light on when you present the weapon and turn it off when you re-holster!!! Lust like the crappy Viridian OWB holster!!!!

I will be looking at making these in the near future. I will be set up and ready to start remaking holsters again in the next 30-45days, maybe sooner. Shop is almost finished.

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:03   #7
roadkill46

try TommieTheis of Theis holsters. or PS Security. they have both mad holsters for my G19 and G17 equipped with the TLRS-1 light and they fit like a glove, not bad price's also. that is why i went with Crimson Trace on the 2 guns that wear them....holster availability. but any of the Kydex guys should be able to whip one up, i'ts not that hard.
roadkill46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 13:44   #8
tenforme

OP I put a Viridian X5L on my G20 for the same reasons and after some mods (see below) absolutely love it.

I had a Kydex holster made for it and am very pleased with the results.

On a side note, I found that the polymer rail on my G20 was nowhere near stiff enough to hold the laser's POI. It gets a bit droopy in hot weather and/or if you shoot a 100 rounds or more.

I fixed the problem by drilling 2 small holes through the rear flange of the X5L and into the front of the trigger guard - where they overlap. I tapped the holes in the trigger guard and added 2 small hex screws. Then I filled the gaps between the rear of the X5L and the front of the trigger guard with epoxy putty.

Now, with the laser and rail triangulated to the trigger it is rock solid. POI has remained constant after 3 trips to the range and 900 rounds.
Attached Thumbnails
Sights, Optics and Lasers - Click for larger version  

Last edited by tenforme; 11-03-2013 at 13:46..
tenforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 19:10   #9
icelandicstud

have to agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by colts1287 View Post
I'm not trying to be a dick but you have at least 2 $500+ guns a $350 laser. But you cant spend $70 on a good holster? Take the laser off until you can save up for the holster.
icelandicstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 22:45   #10
hunter 111

Concealment solutions will make you one and are very reasonable , very reasonable , plus I can vouch for his work.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:12   #11
Defiant1

Thanx for all the replies and info. Will be checking with the several makers mentioned.
First let me say that I have NEVER had a custom made holster and thought they would be way out of line with what little bit I have left in my budget at the end of the month. Apparently that's not so, even though I'll still have to tighten up for a month or two.
Second, the reason I have x amount of money tied up in my guns is that my Homeowners insurance paid for them when some piece of crap kicked in our basement window last year and robbed us, taking the only two handguns I had then, and had for many years. Yeah, I know all about locking them up and all the other Pooh-pooh that goes with that but guess what? they were hidden and locked up, and they still found and took them. Unfortunately my wife and I were somewhere that I could not carry or I would still have at least 1 gun. So much for a perfect world!!
Thirdly, I am not so dumb or senile (yet) that I can't figure out to take the laser off till I find a solution to this MINOR problem. That's why I came here for Advice from what I consider helpful and knowledgeable people (the absolute majority of which everyone here is). I live in one part of the country with certain amount of resources and this site has people from all over the rest of this land who may have resources other than mine. That's why I asked for help. Didn't expect to be berated for having a minor problem I needed advice for. Sheeesh!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:58   #12
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
Bought a Viridian C5 green laser the other day for the 30SF and plan to use it on the G21 also. LUV the thing. It is a boon for my aging eyesight. Can see in daytime and at night, WOW! I should have really done some homework on holsters though!! The TacLoc that Viridian sells does not fit either the 21 or the 30. The other thing is , I'm left handed!! They have a left hand model for but they do not fit either weapon. Have spent half the weekend Googling and going to almost every holster mfg. with no luck. Anyone know of some maker who has a holster for a glock 30SF with a Viridian Attached? It is my EDC in the warmer months and the 21 I use in the colder weather. I realize I could probably get someone to make a custom holster but I'm on S.S. pension and cannot afford that type of luxury. Really sucks having a weapon that is now ideal for me, but can't find anything to carry it in. I know all the naysayers about lasers etc., but this is a great tool for me and my situation, and if that works, then it only makes me more proficient and confident. That's a good thing.

I'm also a fan of lasers!

These guys might fit you:

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/hols...-holster-glock

According to Optics Planet, the C5 and C5L share the same outside dimensions...

Let us know!

--Ray

Last edited by RayB; 11-04-2013 at 07:03.. Reason: Add Link
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:10   #13
gooffeyguy

Lasermax guide rod laser

no need for new special holsters

I've owned one since '95 with no problems and just picked up a green one last week
gooffeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 14:29   #14
colts1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
Thanx for all the replies and info. Will be checking with the several makers mentioned.
First let me say that I have NEVER had a custom made holster and thought they would be way out of line with what little bit I have left in my budget at the end of the month. Apparently that's not so, even though I'll still have to tighten up for a month or two.
Second, the reason I have x amount of money tied up in my guns is that my Homeowners insurance paid for them when some piece of crap kicked in our basement window last year and robbed us, taking the only two handguns I had then, and had for many years. Yeah, I know all about locking them up and all the other Pooh-pooh that goes with that but guess what? they were hidden and locked up, and they still found and took them. Unfortunately my wife and I were somewhere that I could not carry or I would still have at least 1 gun. So much for a perfect world!!
Thirdly, I am not so dumb or senile (yet) that I can't figure out to take the laser off till I find a solution to this MINOR problem. That's why I came here for Advice from what I consider helpful and knowledgeable people (the absolute majority of which everyone here is). I live in one part of the country with certain amount of resources and this site has people from all over the rest of this land who may have resources other than mine. That's why I asked for help. Didn't expect to be berated for having a minor problem I needed advice for. Sheeesh!

Easy buddy I wasn't attacking you or questioning your intelligence, I was just trying to say that the holster is not going to cost you much. If I was you I would just pretend like I didn't even have the laser until i came up with the 70-100 for a nice well made holster.
colts1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12   #15
Defiant1

O. K. guys. checked with all the suggested makers and got a "no go" from most all except Concealment Solutions. Jason informed me they are currently about to come out with a new Sidewinder holster and feels they can custom make one for my needs. Will be a few weeks before it comes to fruition, but it will be coming.
What really got me in all my searches though is how few holsters ARE available out there for the 30. As popular as it seems to be here, you would think the aftermarket would be bigger, but what really sucks is how us lefties seem to be held as 2nd class citizens. Tough to find anything in that format, very limited. Hey, we're people too!!
Can't close out this thread without saying "sorry" if I came across a little testy yeterday. Was having a bad day right from the get-go. So I apologize and want to thank all you folks for the info and help. It has helped me solve the problem, so THANKS!
Old 11-05-2013, 13:50   #16
hunter 111

http://www.concealmentsolutions.com/blmacewtl.html

Yes Concealment Soultions makes some fine holsters, I have two IWB Mambas and forget I'm wearing one. Plus Jason is a true craftsman and does fine work not to mention just a good guy

Last edited by hunter 111; 11-05-2013 at 13:59..
hunter 111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:52   #17
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Damn, $350 for a laser pointer? At that price, I would have added a few bucks and get me a Docter Optik III red dot sight. No special holster needs and a lot easier to shoot than trying to find the laser dot. I know a thing or two about aging/bad eyesights.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:48   #18
Defiant1

fnfalman, somebody else said the laser was $350. I actually paid more than a hundred less and the Viridian was my choice because it works the best for ME. I looked at all the other red and green lasers and picked the Veiridian 'cause I could barely see the reds in the daylight and it is THE brightest of the greens in the daylight even in full sunshine. This decision to put it on my EDC was a long time coming. It makes me more proficient and a better shot. After training with it, I find it a helluva lot quicker to pick up than trying to line up my front and rear sights which are just plain blurry to me even with my Rx glasses which I only need for reading and intermediate focal lenghts. Hey, FOR ME it works and I don't see that as a bad thing!! As soon as Glock and some glass manufacturer come out with a pair of glasses that put my bullets exactly where I'm looking, like in a fighter jet, I'll be the first in line even if I have to mortgage the house!! (Just don't tell "she who must be obeyed.") Like they say my freind, "to each his own."