GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:12   #21
ca survivor

MY Ruger LCP went back 2 times, one on my dime, still will not fire a full magazine with out two or three jams, no Rugers for me, glad it worked for you
Old 11-04-2013, 16:04   #22
vettes

I have a good friend that was, (now retired) a cop in SO CAL. His first service gun was a Ruger Security Six .357. He kept that gun for twenty years. He shot it weekly with full house rounds until lead and powder started blowing out the sides of the cylinder. The forcing cone was shot out along with the timing. He sent it back to ruger to see if they could fix it with the expectation he would pay for the repairs. He got it back 3 months later looking like it was brand new out of the box but had the same serial number. Ruger did not charge him a dime. He paid shipping to them and they paid the return shipping. That is good CS.
vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:40   #23
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
MY Ruger LCP went back 2 times, one on my dime, still will not fire a full magazine with out two or three jams, no Rugers for me, glad it worked for you
Tell them you want a refund.

I replaced my LCP with a Colt Pocketlite .380, a MUCH better gun.

Last edited by Paul7; 11-06-2013 at 12:41..
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:47   #24
Thomasc18
NRA Life Member

They do have great service. My 870 was having a hard time extracting low brass. So I called them up and they sent me a new barrel and told me to do what I wanted with the old. Another time they sent me new mag extensions for my SR 22. Great service. Which is why I'll continue to buy from them.
Thomasc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:16   #25
HKUSP9SD

Ruger has become one of my favorite companies. I had an sr22 pistol that came with a bad magazine. It wouldn't engage the magazine disconnect so even fully inserted it wouldnt fire. One phone call and the next day they sent a new mag and an envelope to send the bad one back.
Old 11-07-2013, 21:29   #26
257 roberts

the only gun I ever sent back to any company was my LCP during the first recall ( gun worked fine but sent it back anyway)I got it back along with a hat and spare magazine!!...good fast service
257 roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39   #27
NMG26

Good thread. I bought a SR1911 over the weekend and am glad to hear they back their product so well. I have not shot it yet...................crazy goings on and all are not letting be get to the range like I need to. I have 3 other Rugers and have never had an issue with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 21:12   #28
GWG19

I sent a LCP back that was one the first ones, don't remember the recall. They did send me and extra mag with the pinky grip on it.
Sent two different Blackhawks back that had timing issues after 8 years of shooting them two times a month in a matches. Fixed them at no cost to me.

Recently sent a New Vaquero back that has been shot hard a bunch. Was not locking up. Again repaired at no cost.

Don't guess I can complain about their warrenty or CS.
- If you’re not moving, you’re dead.

Last edited by GWG19; 11-11-2013 at 21:13..
GWG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:31   #29
seamaster

They have my rifle for over three weeks and still haven't touched it. I'm not impressed.

My last CS experience was with S&W and they had my gun repaired and back to me within a week. They are tops in my book.
seamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:14   #30
tnhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1967 View Post
Ruger service has always been great for me,that's why I keep buying their products.
Ruger quality has always been good enough I haven't needed their service.
tnhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:05   #31
ashecht

Anything mechanical, is prone to break, not function properly, or be defective somehow upon receipt. Customer service is the reaction to those enevitable breakdowns in the process.
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 17:07   #32
ashecht

I hear plenty of Kimber and Para owner *****ing about Thierry guns which cost remix what an SR costs
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 22:41   #33
quantico
1911 lover

I have only had three gun issues in the last 30 plus years of owning guns.

marlin model 60 that had springs wear out.

colt trooper 357 mag that was so out of spec that it could not fire double action. also cut the top strap 3/4 thru firing it a ton of rounds.

my sig 238 needed the new stronger recoil spring that sig figured out the gun needed.

should have sent the colt back a second time. It came back junk and got sold fast.

sig sent me a spring after a polite call to them.

marlin was always junk..and I just sold it cheap to unload it.

So after more than 60 guns that I have owned ( more or less guess ) That is my complete history of gun issues. So hearing the vast number of gun problems people seem to have.... I guess I either have crazy luck or just buy high end machines that work. I do like oil and cleaning guns and do like to build my own from parts at times.

Maybe by polishing feed ramps and chamber edges and cleaning up any rough edges I am doing what the factory does to fix stuff. More likely is that guns like to wear in and many problems sort themselves out if you shoot guns enough, I like to shoot a lot and some of my round counts are pretty high.

I would not be happy with a gun that does not run. I don't hunt with guns much. I use them for potential serious reasons. Middle of the night I don't want a factory return shipping label and a cheery girl on the phone telling me repairs are done and my gun should be back soon. I want a man like les baer or bill Wilson or one of my many 1911 gunsmith friends telling me that the gun in my hand will work when needed.

I run colt, ed brown, HK , SIG , a few glocks , Springfield Armory , bushmaster , and a norinco that I built piece by piece... they all run.

I understand people have budgets, so do I. But maybe instead of ten guns that might work you just might want two that work every time.