Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:39   #1
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Weak hand draw

Hello Mas,

I don't know if this has been covered before but my search didn't turn anything up. If if has, please direct me to the thread if you would be so kind.

In all the classes I've taken no instructor has ever addressed the proper technique of weak hand draw from the strong side. We did weak hand shooting and gun manipulation but no draw.

I'm assuming that may be due to liability and safety reasons. If one were to want to learn a good technique, do you have any advise or know of any good reference material? (Assuming right hand shooter.)

I have my own way that I do it now but I'd like to know if there is a better (and safer) way to do it.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:54   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Lots of classes teach it. I've always taught it at the second level. I'm not home today and don't have a copy with me, but I believe it's illustrated in Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry. You can usually find it at Barnes & Noble or the WalMart gun counter. Take a look at your convenience, and if it's not there, please get back to me.

Be sure to do plenty of initial practice with dummy gun or triple-checked-unloaded firearm before working with it loaded.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 00:28   #3
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas Ayoob View Post
Lots of classes teach it. I've always taught it at the second level. I'm not home today and don't have a copy with me, but I believe it's illustrated in Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry. You can usually find it at Barnes & Noble or the WalMart gun counter. Take a look at your convenience, and if it's not there, please get back to me.

Be sure to do plenty of initial practice with dummy gun or triple-checked-unloaded firearm before working with it loaded.

best,
Mas
Thanks Mas. I'll give that a look.