SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-01-2013, 18:12   #1
AngelDeville
NoHablaMexican

M12 holster and full size Glocks

How does a full size Glock fit in the M12 holster? (For the M9 Beretta)

I'll be taking my Gen 2 G17 home soon, and I'd like to get a military flap holster for hiking. I imagine it would work well, and I'll probably get one on the cheap off fleabay.

Thanks!
AngelDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 21:01   #2
DJ Niner

If you put downward & backward pressure on the grip, it will work its way out eventually. Glocks with longer slides such as the G34/G35 will stay put, but the G17's slide is a bit too short, and that lets it move around.

I have a M12 with the thumb-break strap option installed on it, and it holds a G17-sized Glock in place very securely. The thumb-break option can be used under the flap or standalone, your choice.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:51   #3
AngelDeville
NoHablaMexican

Thanks for the info, I'm sure a piece of high density foam shoved in the holster will cure that problem. I'm off to eBay!
AngelDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 23:02   #4
DJ Niner

Hmmm. Maybe I didn't describe the problem well enough.

The gun won't go any deeper into the holster due to the grommet/rivet in front of the trigger guard, so it's not really a problem with up-and-down movement of the pistol. The problem is that the slide is so short, the pistol can pivot around the front of the trigger guard. The longer slide of the G34/G35 extends deeper into the holster, preventing any rotational movement to the rear, as the front-sight area of the slide hits the front of the holster and acts as a brake.

If you stick a block of hard foam in the bottom of the holster, it will make the pistol sit higher, but by lifting the trigger guard farther off the grommet/rivet, it will make it easier to rotate to the rear, not more difficult. Unless you lift the pistol so far the the flap absolutely jams all rearward movement of the slide cover-plate area (difficult, if not impossible, due to the springiness of the flap latching mechanism; the flap will move up with the pistol), the higher the pistol rides in the holster body, the easier it will fall out the rear of the holster. The thumb-break does immobilize the cover-plate area of the slide, but I don't think the flap will, all by itself.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote