Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2013, 17:46   #1
phalanxr

FWB/Crestview Gun Trust Lawyer

Hello all im sorry if this isnt the correct area to post this. I ordered a Krinkov and want to get the ball rolling on the paperwork and need to know if anyone knows of a good local lawyer who's experienced in NFA Trusts. Thanks in advance!

V/R

PhalanxR
phalanxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:54   #2
WoodenPlank
Who?

Any particular reason you're going with a trust? Last I heard, Okaloosa county sheriff will sign off NFA stuff no problem. Do you have the Krink at a dealer already, or are you still trying to sort out that part?

I'm guessing you're going through Jay's (my condolences), but you might want to call them and ask who they suggest. You can also call Shelton at Advanced Tactical Solutions in Santa Rosa Beach. He probably knows of a good lawyer to set up a trust for you. He has two of my cans in his shop right now pending Form 4's, and Shelton's a good guy to deal with.

Also, is this your first NFA item?
Old 11-03-2013, 19:32   #3
phalanxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Any particular reason you're going with a trust? Last I heard, Okaloosa county sheriff will sign off NFA stuff no problem. Do you have the Krink at a dealer already, or are you still trying to sort out that part?

I'm guessing you're going through Jay's (my condolences), but you might want to call them and ask who they suggest. You can also call Shelton at Advanced Tactical Solutions in Santa Rosa Beach. He probably knows of a good lawyer to set up a trust for you. He has two of my cans in his shop right now pending Form 4's, and Shelton's a good guy to deal with.

Also, is this your first NFA item?
First NFA. Its a Rifle Dynamics Krink. They recommended a trust so was going to do that.

They are going to do it on a Form 1 if that matters.
Old 11-03-2013, 19:39   #4
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalanxr View Post
First NFA. Its a Rifle Dynamics Krink. They recommended a trust so was going to do that.

They are going to do it on a Form 1 if that matters.
Wait...wha?

How are you going to do an RD Krink on a Form 1? Are you going to have them build/help you build the gun with a 16" barrel and cut it down, or are you doing a Form 1 on a receiver flat then getting them to help you build it?

Remember, you can't build the gun with an under 16" barrel until the Form 1 is approved, but once it is sending the gun off for gunsmithing work is a bit more of a headache.

Trusts have some benefits (letting other people on the trust be able to possess the gun being a big one), but they're mostly used by people that can't get their CLEO to sign off. Like I said, last I heard Okaloosa county sheriff will sign off on pretty much anything put in front of him. The fingerprints and photos are not hard at all (I've done it three times now) when you're doing it as an individual.

Since this is your first time through the NFA process, are you aware of the current wait times? The ATF is currently quoting 15 months from date of receipt to being approved, and it's steadily getting worse. Doing an SBR is VERY much worth it, IMO (I love mine, and I'd love to have a good Krink), but it's not a short process.
Old 11-03-2013, 19:45   #5
phalanxr

Quote:
Wait...wha?

How are you going to do an RD Krink on a Form 1? Are you going to have them build/help you build the gun with a 16" barrel and cut it down, or are you doing a Form 1 on a receiver flat then getting them to help you build it?

Remember, you can't build the gun with an under 16" barrel until the Form 1 is approved, but once it is sending the gun off for gunsmithing work is a bit more of a headache.

Trusts have some benefits (letting other people on the trust be able to possess the gun being a big one), but they're mostly used by people that can't get their CLEO to sign off. Like I said, last I heard Okaloosa county sheriff will sign off on pretty much anything put in front of him. The fingerprints and photos are not hard at all (I've done it three times now) when you're doing it as an individual.

Since this is your first time through the NFA process, are you aware of the current wait times? The ATF is currently quoting 15 months from date of receipt to being approved, and it's steadily getting worse. Doing an SBR is VERY much worth it, IMO (I love mine, and I'd love to have a good Krink), but it's not a short process.
They are sending me the receiver and once the form 1 gets approved they are building it up. Jays said right now Form 1's are coming back in 4 months. IDk if thats true or not. Thanks for the info, ill just go through the sherrifs process.
Old 11-03-2013, 19:47   #6
GlockPride
Glock 23

We did a trust. You don't need an attorney. I would print one of the few examples off the net, fill it out and have it notarized. You don't even have to file anything at the courthouse.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 19:55   #7
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
They are sending me the receiver and once the form 1 gets approved they are building it up. Jays said right now Form 1's are coming back in 4 months. IDk if thats true or not. Thanks for the info, ill just go through the sherrifs process.
They are full of ****. Form 1's don't come back any faster than Form 4's, and the average right now is 12-15 months. Form 3's are around 90-120 days, but Form 3s are only for transfers between SOT licensees (NFA dealers and manufacturers).

Call the sheriff's department tomorrow morning, and ask to speak with the sheriff's secretary. They should be able to tell you what you need to do. I lived in Santa Rosa County when I did my SBR (Form 1), and I just dropped off the forms at the Navarre substation. The cops drove it up to the sheriff, he signed it, and another deputy dropped them back off at the substation. My two Form 4s were done in Walton county, and went through the exact same process as by Form 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
We did a trust. You don't need an attorney. I would print one of the few examples off the net, fill it out and have it notarized. You don't even have to file anything at the courthouse.
There are a lot of poorly written trusts out there that have gotten people in hot water with the ATF until they were straightened out. if you're going to use a trust, plunk down the $200-500 bucks and get a competent lawyer familiar with NFA law to draw it up for you. By having an actual lawyer do it specifically for you, you have someone to fall back on if something is screwy down the road.
Old 11-03-2013, 20:10   #8
phalanxr

Quote:
They are full of ****. Form 1's don't come back any faster than Form 4's, and the average right now is 12-15 months. Form 3's are around 90-120 days, but Form 3s are only for transfers between SOT licensees (NFA dealers and manufacturers).

Call the sheriff's department tomorrow morning, and ask to speak with the sheriff's secretary. They should be able to tell you what you need to do. I lived in Santa Rosa County when I did my SBR (Form 1), and I just dropped off the forms at the Navarre substation. The cops drove it up to the sheriff, he signed it, and another deputy dropped them back off at the substation. My two Form 4s were done in Walton county, and went through the exact same process as by Form 1.

There are a lot of poorly written trusts out there that have gotten people in hot water with the ATF until they were straightened out. if you're going to use a trust, plunk down the $200-500 bucks and get a competent lawyer familiar with NFA law to draw it up for you. By having an actual lawyer do it specifically for you, you have someone to fall back on if something is screwy down the road.
Thanks again for the info. The guy on the phone was very helpful at the RD crew but I had trouble visualizing the process he was recommending.

RD Krink in 7.62 has been on my holy grail list for a few years now so its worth the wait. I'll contact the secretary tommorow and try to get the ball rolling. Ill PM you if you don't mind in the future if I have any other questions?

-Phal
Old 11-03-2013, 20:21   #9
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Thanks again for the info. The guy on the phone was very helpful at the RD crew but I had trouble visualizing the process he was recommending.

RD Krink in 7.62 has been on my holy grail list for a few years now so its worth the wait. I'll contact the secretary tommorow and try to get the ball rolling. Ill PM you if you don't mind in the future if I have any other questions?

-Phal
No problem at all, feel free to shoot me a PM.