Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:07   #1
ashecht

Ruger Customer Service-WOW!

called Ruger on 10/24 inquiring what could be done about a scratch on the slide of my SR1911 Commander as well as some erratic ejections. Had a return overnight label in my email within 10 min. Gun got to Ruger on 10/25. Called today, slide has already been re-bead blasted and waiting on test fire today. Should ship back to me tomorrow. They couldn't be any quicker! Just outstanding customer service!
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:44   #2
itstime

Can't beat that at all. Testimony's like this make me look harder at company's mentioned. Nothing is worse than spending hard earned money only to find down the road it may not end well.

Just curious, what caused the scratch? New out of the box or something else?
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:21   #3
Paul7
New Guy

Let me just say your experience was better than mine.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:13   #4
ashecht

Not sure what caused scratch. Wasn't mis handling on my part since I am anally careful with my guns. Not to mention it was on the top of the slide. Could have been an erratic ejection, not sure.
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
Old 10-29-2013, 12:13   #5
ashecht

Paul, what was your experience?
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
Old 10-29-2013, 14:42   #6
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

I dealt with them on a gun a few years back. Best customer service I ever got from a gun company
Old 10-29-2013, 15:10   #7
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
called Ruger on 10/24 inquiring what could be done about a scratch on the slide of my SR1911 Commander as well as some erratic ejections. Had a return overnight label in my email within 10 min. Gun got to Ruger on 10/25. Called today, slide has already been re-bead blasted and waiting on test fire today. Should ship back to me tomorrow. They couldn't be any quicker! Just outstanding customer service!
That's great service indeed.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 15:42   #8
glock2740
Gun lover.

Kudos to Ruger.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 15:44   #9
rednoved
NRA Member

Nice!
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 15:46   #10
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Let me just say your experience was better than mine.
I've heard mostly good about Ruger, but a bad experience pops up here and there, I guess.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 18:12   #11
brownsbacker

Real nice time, I haven't been so lucky with a new toy I bought. TNW ASR(aero assault rifle) got it in 9mm and it takes Glock mags, it is set up on a ar-15 platform, the charging handle was real hard to pull back. Sent it out and they received it 10-4, I called early last week and was told they just started working on it, nothing yet . I know I am a martyr for buying something unproven-But dang it somebody has to work the kinks out of these new things.
brownsbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 18:15   #12
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

A while ago I had a very good experience with Ruger CS. I was also very impressed with their solution to my problem.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 19:32   #13
Raven1967

Ruger service has always been great for me,that's why I keep buying their products.
Old 10-29-2013, 19:44   #14
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Guess they don't like people named Paul!
Ruger P95 bought NIB. Wouldn't fire more than 2 or 3 rounds before jamming or stove piping, tried several different brands of ammo with same result.

Called Ruger, gruff service rep said send it back (I didn't know to ask for a shipping label). They replaced some parts, sent it back with the same problem.

So back it goes, back it comes with a note "within specs."

Still untrustworthy, I sold it for a song to a gunsmith.

Left a bad taste in my mouth about Ruger. It was the first gun I owned, but I learned to shoot courtesy of the NM Corrections Dept, so it wasn't limp wristing.

Last edited by Paul53; 10-29-2013 at 19:45..
Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 20:57   #15
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul53 View Post
Guess they don't like people named Paul!
Ruger P95 bought NIB. Wouldn't fire more than 2 or 3 rounds before jamming or stove piping, tried several different brands of ammo with same result.

Called Ruger, gruff service rep said send it back (I didn't know to ask for a shipping label). They replaced some parts, sent it back with the same problem.

So back it goes, back it comes with a note "within specs."

Still untrustworthy, I sold it for a song to a gunsmith.

Left a bad taste in my mouth about Ruger. It was the first gun I owned, but I learned to shoot courtesy of the NM Corrections Dept, so it wasn't limp wristing.
I have had to send five of my revolvers back for various issues. Ruger took care of everything. I just wish that I didn't have to send any brand new gun back for QAQC issues. Even my Tauruses have not had gotten sent back.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 10-30-2013, 20:54   #16
rockymtnhorror

I have an LCP that didn't like to feed the first round of hollowpoint. I emailed them last Wednesday, and got a response within about 20 minutes instructing me to call and the would issue an RMA. I called the next morning and got a perfectly charming rep on the phone within about 30 seconds. She issued the RMA and sent me a prepaid overnight UPS airbill. I sent it on Friday, it was delivered Monday. Tuesday afternoon I got notice that it had been shipped back to me via 2 day, and I should have it tomorrow.

Great service-now to see if it works.

Glock made me pay my own freight out to them, but at least they paid for the return.

Got it back, and the problem was that the recoil spring was on the guide rod improperly. I'd normally take the blame, but I hadn't removed the spring when I field stripped it. I did buy it used, so I guess the previous owner had done it. It works fine now.

Last edited by rockymtnhorror; 10-31-2013 at 16:27.. Reason: Update
rockymtnhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:56   #17
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
Paul, what was your experience?
I had a complete POS LCP that went back to the factory three times before they gave up on in and sent me a refund. They argued with me about it, said I should buy a bunch of different types of .380 ammo to see which one worked (this was during the severe ammo shortage). I'm sorry, but a new gun should work with any factory ammo.

If I can say something positive about Ruger, I do have an LCR for carry that I really like.

Last edited by Paul7; 10-31-2013 at 10:56..
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:02   #18
Jim Watson

"Good Customer Service" seems to be defined on the internet as a willingness to sell a defective product followed by the ability to convince you they are doing you a favor by fixing it.
I like to hear about the sort of service described as "I took it out of the box and it looks good and shoots great."
Old 10-31-2013, 13:59   #19
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
"Good Customer Service" seems to be defined on the internet as a willingness to sell a defective product followed by the ability to convince you they are doing you a favor by fixing it.
I like to hear about the sort of service described as "I took it out of the box and it looks good and shoots great."
Exactly, sending a defective gun back to the customer numerous times is terrible customer service.
Old 10-31-2013, 15:37   #20
Two Guns
VIP MEMBER

I am an other who has had great CS from Ruger.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:12   #21
ca survivor

MY Ruger LCP went back 2 times, one on my dime, still will not fire a full magazine with out two or three jams, no Rugers for me, glad it worked for you
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 15:04   #22
vettes

I have a good friend that was, (now retired) a cop in SO CAL. His first service gun was a Ruger Security Six .357. He kept that gun for twenty years. He shot it weekly with full house rounds until lead and powder started blowing out the sides of the cylinder. The forcing cone was shot out along with the timing. He sent it back to ruger to see if they could fix it with the expectation he would pay for the repairs. He got it back 3 months later looking like it was brand new out of the box but had the same serial number. Ruger did not charge him a dime. He paid shipping to them and they paid the return shipping. That is good CS.
vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:40   #23
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
MY Ruger LCP went back 2 times, one on my dime, still will not fire a full magazine with out two or three jams, no Rugers for me, glad it worked for you
Tell them you want a refund.

I replaced my LCP with a Colt Pocketlite .380, a MUCH better gun.

Last edited by Paul7; 11-06-2013 at 11:41..
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:47   #24
Thomasc18
NRA Life Member

They do have great service. My 870 was having a hard time extracting low brass. So I called them up and they sent me a new barrel and told me to do what I wanted with the old. Another time they sent me new mag extensions for my SR 22. Great service. Which is why I'll continue to buy from them.
Thomasc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:16   #25
HKUSP9SD

Ruger has become one of my favorite companies. I had an sr22 pistol that came with a bad magazine. It wouldn't engage the magazine disconnect so even fully inserted it wouldnt fire. One phone call and the next day they sent a new mag and an envelope to send the bad one back.