SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-28-2013, 18:23   #21
97harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill46 View Post
i wouldn't as above. i am a pretty deep sleeper anymore..thanx VA for the meds...unfortunately. i switched from a G19 with TLRS-1 and CT's for my FN FNP USG 9mm with a Taclite, condition one, decocked. Great DA and SA on this gun, i have 2. The dogs would wake me up no doubt, but we have a Ranch/SW AZ type house w/o upstairs, only 2 doors, front and patio so i think gun selection 'could' be house dependant.

if you have a downstairs and wake up, you could shake off the cobwebs enough to either just p/u the Glock or thumb off the 1911 safety, or rack a slide on a condition 2 gun on the nightstand.

dogs and a good alarm system give you time to get your critical thinking involved. my granddaughter sleeps in the back room on the other side of the house so def gotta be careful and ID target before engaging. i would like to be fully awake for that!

go with the one with the manual safety in your case for sure. just my .03
BTW, I do have a dog who keeps us aware of anyone within 100 feet of the house, I was thinking more of trying to turn off the alarm clock or something like that and the gun on the nightsand, thinking about it I've just decided to keep it on the far end of the nightsand where I can't reach it unless I sit up and reach for it so a mod can just lock this thread and throw away the key
97harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 18:26   #22
SJ 40

I guess I'd better run out and get a safety installed on my S&W model 19,it's so much like my G 22's. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:22   #23
roadkill46

just relocate the alarm clock! we use the old waterbed type frame with the mirror and shelves. gun is on the very bottom, clock is on the very top!!
roadkill46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:37   #24
ronin.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
What is with these crazy threads lately?

I think some of you are are flat out nuts to consider cutting the frame to add an aftermarket safety. Buy the gun you need in the first place, don't ruin your Glock.
Agreed 100%!

One of the best features of a Glock is not having a silly thumb safety. Put it in a holster or drawer if you feel the need for an intermediate step between waking up and shooting.
Old 10-29-2013, 18:39   #25
97harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill46 View Post
just relocate the alarm clock! we use the old waterbed type frame with the mirror and shelves. gun is on the very bottom, clock is on the very top!!
LOL, I just keep the gun on the far end of the nightstand, I hate to have opened up a can of worms. I don't take things personally but WOW, some people here take a simple thread and turn it into a "pile on top" I"d love to meet some of the keyboard tough guys I"ve run across in forums,,,,shaking head.

Last edited by 97harley; 10-29-2013 at 18:47..
97harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 19:34   #26
#5xbr

gentlemen/ladies. We have been there and done that!lets all be grownups and stop posting now,and let it die.
#5xbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 19:37   #27
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by #5xbr View Post
gentlemen/ladies. We have been there and done that!lets all be grownups and stop posting now,and let it die.
This thread will die, but I guarantee there be another thread like is posted in a couple days.
Old 10-29-2013, 20:02   #28
#5xbr

i agree tony-but as senior members we should not rise to the bait. advise the op and move on.yes?
#5xbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 21:04   #29
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
What is with these crazy threads lately?
Don't know, but have ya seen Eric's new avatar?

No pun implied, just seems kinda fitting to me.
OldSchool64 is online now   Reply With Quote