SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:00   #1
GPutt33
Love My Glocks

GLock 30S and TruGlo TFO sights

Just thought I'd pass this along so someone doesn't have a problem with their G30S by miss information from a well intentioned seller.

I'll just post my original e-mail to TruGlo and then their response below it:

Hi - I have your TFO grn/grn sights on all of my Glocks. I recently purchased the Glock 30S and would like to standardize my sights on it with the rest of them. I was in a gun shop recently and looking at what they had on the shelves and thought according to the package they had one that would fit. Before they removed the sights to try it they called you guys and were told that on the front sight the connecting bolt and nut may be just a little to long and may scratch the top of the barrel when the slide blows back. Due to this I decided to wait on the purchase. Have you developed a set of the TFO sights for this specific pistol yet? If so, do you have a model number I can give to the guys to order for me?

Thanks, and I really like your sights

TruGlo's Response:

Dear Mr. P*****,

Thank you for this e-mail.

The Glock 30S is one of the few Glock pistols not compatible with our sights, including TFO sights.

There is a contact point between the front sight hex nut and the barrel and this contact point cannot be removed or remedied in any way.

This will lead to a degradation of one or more of these parts and for this reason, we do not recommend their installation or warranty their installation on the Model 30S Glock pistol.

We appreciate your interest in TRUGLO products.

Shoot safely,

Customer Service

Last edited by GPutt33; 10-22-2013 at 15:36..
GPutt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10   #2
dakrat

great info! thanks for your effort
Old 10-21-2013, 19:22   #3
entrov

I'm glad I saw this thread tonight. I've got the trijicon HD sights on my 30S right now, but was really debating ordering a pair of TFO sights to try them out. I really wanted something a bit brighter in the daytime.
entrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 20:32   #4
GPutt33
Love My Glocks

I've gone with the TG TFO's mainly because they are brighter in almost all light conditions. I guess I'll start doing some research and hands on when and where I can find different sites. It may be time to just like it the way it came
Old 10-21-2013, 21:47   #5
bac1023

Thanks for the info. I plan on getting a G30S at some point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 21:57   #6
30S13

I have 650 through mine since the sight install and no issues as of yet.
Sights, Optics and Lasers
30S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 22:02   #7
robertwhite

Why can't you just use the ones made for the G36?
robertwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 22:39   #8
GPutt33
Love My Glocks

That looks pretty bright and scar free to me. I'm really just going off of what the gun shop said TruGlo told them over the phone the day I was going to have them put on and then due to the e-mail returned fromTruGlo I posted above. The 36 front sight looks pretty flush to me from what I see on yours. Might have to just go ahead and try it. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:13   #9
Fan45acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPutt33 View Post
That looks pretty bright and scar free to me. I'm really just going off of what the gun shop said TruGlo told them over the phone the day I was going to have them put on and then due to the e-mail returned fromTruGlo I posted above. The 36 front sight looks pretty flush to me from what I see on yours. Might have to just go ahead and try it. Thanks for the input.
GPutt33, The TFO TruGlo TG H3 are the same sights I've had on my G36 for years. When I installed the front sight, I filed the front attachment bolt down a .001" or so for clearance from the barrel dragging on it. I just ordered a set for my new G30S. You can install without filing the bolt down and check for fit. If you need, just file the front attachment bolt down, check again if good one drop of lock-tight and your good to go. Here are a few pictures of the bolt in question.
Fan45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:28   #10
Pecos2014

Thats wierd. I have TruGlo TFO (Green)sites on all 3 of my Glock gen 4's.
Mayby some one on the forum has a solution???

G19 Gen4 - G17 Gen4 - G22 Gen4 - G23 Gen4
Pecos2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:54   #11
PBRLite

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwhite View Post
Why can't you just use the ones made for the G36?
Exactly. And like Fan45acp said, you might have to file the front attachment bolt down a hair for clearance.
PBRLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:06   #12
30S13

I'm using the TG131GT2. I read about this problem with barrel scrape when I was searching for which ones I needed for the 30S. I also read that you can dremel the bolt if neccessary, as mentioned above. I told my Armorer to put them in and dremel the bolt, but he didn't need to. I figured if they started to show barrel wear or scraping, I would dremel it down later. So far, so good with just a straight install.
30S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:20   #13
glock2740
Gun lover.

I have Tru-Glo night sights(not TFO's) on my G30S with no issues.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:04   #14
Fan45acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30S13 View Post
I'm using the TG131GT2. I read about this problem with barrel scrape when I was searching for which ones I needed for the 30S. I also read that you can dremel the bolt if neccessary, as mentioned above. I told my Armorer to put them in and dremel the bolt, but he didn't need to. I figured if they started to show barrel wear or scraping, I would dremel it down later. So far, so good with just a straight install.
30S13, That's good to know because that is the same sight I ordered from Midway USA.
Fan45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 14:51   #15
eggie

400 rds with tfo installed on my 30s no problems.
eggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 17:27   #16
RayB
Retired Member

Yes, I recall when the G36 came out there were issues with several sight brands, and grinding down a bit of the attaching screw was the fix.

That some guns of the same model don't require this "fix" reminds us that these guns are close copies of each other, and not exact clones. There's a range of acceptability that the OEM deems is "within specs"...

Anyway, for something like this, a "teenth" is as good as a yard, so long as it doesn't rub. You don't want to remove any more than you have to. This adjustment is almost "surgical".

This reminds me of my dental crown (my first in 56-years) that twice had to be ground-down the tiniest smidge, before I became unconscious of its presence in my mouth--it was driving me buggy! Amazing what a "smidge" can do!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 17:46   #17
robertwhite

Does the TFO come only in Green front?

I really would prefer an Orange front sight. (and yes, I realize the tritium comes green, but with todays technology, who knows)
robertwhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g30s, truglo