Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2013, 20:33   #1
longtimelurker

Anybody carry the XDm 3.8 compact 9mm?

If you do own the gun what are your thoughts on it and how does it stack up against a similar sized glock? I have been debating between the glock 19 and the XDm 3.8 and would like to get some other peoples opinions.
longtimelurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 21:07   #2
s&wfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimelurker View Post
If you do own the gun what are your thoughts on it and how does it stack up against a similar sized glock? I have been debating between the glock 19 and the XDm 3.8 and would like to get some other peoples opinions.
I haven't had a lot of hands on with XDm pistols at all.

But, for what it is worth, I don't really like GLOCK pistols that much, but I think the G19 is a great pistol.

I like the 21 also, but I am very fond of the 19.
s&wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 22:22   #3
Stvan1

My SA xdm 3.8 compact 9mm is my bedside gun with a laser/light on it (also own a XDs 45). It shoots great, but I haven't carried it since I put the light on it. I have a Glock 22 and a 26, I carry either one but the 26 gen 3 is my usual carry gun. I do like the trigger and grip angle on the SA XDm and XDs better but for some reason just carry the Glocks more often. Go figure.
Lately and now with winter coming I am carrying my 1911s in OWB holsters more often, it is more comfortable.
Stvan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 15:39   #4
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

I have an xdm 3.8 .40 as one of my EDC. When I carry it, it is OWB between 3:30 and 5:00.

Personally I am not the biggest fan of the grip angle of Glocks. So my personal preference is the XDm. However, I would trust my life with both brands and wouldn't hesitate to carry a G19 if I shot it well enough.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
Gun Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 15:44   #5
Beretta92guy

no but i carry the XD-40 service model....EXCELLENT gun, totally reliable and easy to shoot
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 18:18   #6
DoubleWide

My friend has the 3.8 and it was a lot snappier than my Glock 19. If I remember right, the recoil pulled to the left for me and it was harder to get back on target. I did not notice this with the larger XDs. The Glock is also lighter. Glock does have better parts availability.

Honestly, I'd base my decision alone on how it shot and go with the Glock. Of course, don't be afraid to try them out for yourself. You should be able to find a friendly owner or rent them.
DoubleWide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 19:07   #7
CDR_Glock

Anybody carry the XDm 3.8 compact 9mm?

It's a versatile pistol. It has a 13 round and 19 round magazine. Biggest negative is the weight of a 19+1 IWB. I carried it when there was a citywide power outage for almost a week.

I prefer the trigger of the XDM. My recovery is faster with follow up shots. I'm more accurate and consistent at 25 yards. I haven't tried it at 50 yards.

My YouTube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by CDR_Glock; 10-11-2013 at 19:08..
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 19:13   #8
azdave

I recently picked up an XDm Compact in 9mm.
I have a 3rd and a 4th gen 19........my wife grabbed up my 4th gen a few years back declaring it hers, and I let her keep it as her carry/Jeep gun because she shot it so well.

Last weekend we were in the hills shooting, and had the 4th gen and XDm C. out at the same time, both of us shooting them side by side.

Well, she now has the XDm C. as her carry/Jeep gun and the 4th gen. is back in my safe.
We both observed recoil to be about identical, but she shot much tighter groups with the XDm...the trigger difference was a non-issue for her.
Anything that sparks or creates an interest in shooting I let her have. I can always get another one.
I like the Glock trigger better......but like the natural pointability of the XDm C. better.
Can't lose with either, imo.
azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 15:51   #9
longtimelurker

Oh wow thank you for the replies everybody! I know that this is an old thread but I had only been able to sign into my profile from a buddies computer that my password was saved on. Anyways thank you for taking the time to respond I appreciate it and the next time I start a thread I will be more actively involved since I remembered my password and now have it saved in my phone!
longtimelurker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glock 19, springfield, xdm 3.8