Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:24   #1241
RMolina628
got a job!

Mid to upper 90s today and tomorrow here and a high of 56 on Friday. Only in Michigan can you get frostbite and heat stroke in the same week!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:13   #1242
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMolina628 View Post
Mid to upper 90s today and tomorrow here and a high of 56 on Friday. Only in Michigan can you get frostbite and heat stroke in the same week!
It's the same here in Texas. One day i was mowing the yard in a pair of shorts and the next we had four inches of snow.

Sent by psychic paper from the TARDIS.
Old 09-10-2013, 15:41   #1243
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
It's the same here in Texas. One day i was mowing the yard in a pair of shorts and the next we had four inches of snow.

Sent by psychic paper from the TARDIS.
Kentucky has been the same; snow and heat exhaustion weather in the same week. We have a saying here; "if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes; it'll change!"

As to the lack of posts, I've been spending time with my parents and grandparents on my off days.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 20:40   #1244
Gombey

I love kids!

My daughter found one of my cheap cable gun locks and said "This is a police officey thing!"

She then commanded me to place my hands behind my back she wasn't quite sure how to phrase it, but I knew what she wanted me to do.

I feigned ignorance and put my hand at my side. The way she grabbed my hand would have made even the saltiest DT instructor proud, then she put it behind my back and said "come on we're going to jail!"

I've been slacking on my PT...going for a run tomorrow at 0400. I have to be around to see her grow up!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by Gombey; 09-10-2013 at 21:00..
Gombey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 21:09   #1245
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Question - how the hell do you do affix the black band on your badge in memorial of the fallen when your badge is actually a patch

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:12   #1246
merlynusn

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Question - how the hell do you do affix the black band on your badge in memorial of the fallen when your badge is actually a patch

I've seen people use electrical tape. Without actually sewing it on, that's the only thing I can think of.

On a different note: I was on vacation last week and missed the murder mayhem. Back to it this week though. I'm on pins and needles.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:29   #1247
RMolina628
got a job!

speaking of kids, I was receiving pointers this morning from my younger daughter on what to look for in the places I have been having interviews, like: "they need to have lots of playgrounds"
Old 09-11-2013, 06:03   #1248
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
I've seen people use electrical tape. Without actually sewing it on, that's the only thing I can think of.

On a different note: I was on vacation last week and missed the murder mayhem. Back to it this week though. I'm on pins and needles.
That's what I was thinking too. Not even sure if departments are doing it today

S&W Club - 22227
Old 09-11-2013, 14:19   #1249
CJStudent
Fenced In

And like I figured, I got screwed out of my vacation. Great. I had taken a day of leave in conjunction with my days off, and they went and changed my light-duty assignment and changed my days off with it, oh joy.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 09-11-2013, 15:12   #1250
RMolina628
got a job!

some days it feels like the brass has nothing better to do.
Old 09-11-2013, 15:22   #1251
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Amen!

Quote:
Old 09-11-2013, 16:52   #1252
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
The brasses can be asses.

S&W Club - 22227
Old 09-12-2013, 21:05   #1253
Agent6-3/8

Got a call today of a deer that had been shot in the eye with an arrow. Sure enough another unit and I get on scene and find a 4 point buck with an arrow in its head. The arrow penetrated both eyes but ran out of steam before it could completely exit.

I put it down with a dose of 12ga 00 buck. From a range of about 7 yards the Federal low recoil Flitecontrol load left a 1.5" entrance wound from my 16" barreled 870. No over penetration. The buck took two hops and went limp in the air on the second hop. For curiosity's sake I wish I'd had the time to perform an autopsy.

I'd sure like to catch the poacher that shot this poor deer. Dang thing was roaming around a neighborhood completely blind...
Old 09-13-2013, 01:42   #1254
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Thats really cruel. I have the strong feeling that the US lacks strict hunting laws (from what I know).

Hunting laws here are very very very strict. No bow hunting, no semi auto rifles, certification necessary (hundreds of euros and takes months), lots of tradition,....
Imho its too strict here, but still the laws are trying to keep the possible cruelty to a minimum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:51   #1255
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
So I might get a little reprimand on Monday.

For a case I tried to get in contact with an unkown but to a specific case assigned agent of another agency (non police, financial stuff). After a month without an answer I was pissed and another month later I found out that my state attorney got in contact with that agency. There the unknown agents boss wrote my name wrong and didnt even mention why he never contacted me.

I got pissed because I phoned them, sent an email, a fax - nothing. Then these amateurs cant even write my name correct? Wouldnt have minded that usually, but I am not going to take a blame for not having been contactable or prolonging the whole case.

Thats what I told my seargent too - we will see, from what I heared the brass is already involved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:42   #1256
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Got a call today of a deer that had been shot in the eye with an arrow. Sure enough another unit and I get on scene and find a 4 point buck with an arrow in its head. The arrow penetrated both eyes but ran out of steam before it could completely exit.

I put it down with a dose of 12ga 00 buck. From a range of about 7 yards the Federal low recoil Flitecontrol load left a 1.5" entrance wound from my 16" barreled 870. No over penetration. The buck took two hops and went limp in the air on the second hop. For curiosity's sake I wish I'd had the time to perform an autopsy.

I'd sure like to catch the poacher that shot this poor deer. Dang thing was roaming around a neighborhood completely blind...
Yet another reason I hate poachers, and I don't even hunt, myself. Nothing against hunting, but the unethical ones like that piss me off.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2013, 05:43   #1257
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
Thats really cruel. I have the strong feeling that the US lacks strict hunting laws (from what I know).

Hunting laws here are very very very strict. No bow hunting, no semi auto rifles, certification necessary (hundreds of euros and takes months), lots of tradition,....
Imho its too strict here, but still the laws are trying to keep the possible cruelty to a minimum.
Same with gun laws, man; it's not going to stop the ones that are really determined. And some areas of my state and Agent's state are so rural and remote it's almost unenforceable there.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2013, 05:44   #1258
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerChris View Post
So I might get a little reprimand on Monday.

For a case I tried to get in contact with an unkown but to a specific case assigned agent of another agency (non police, financial stuff). After a month without an answer I was pissed and another month later I found out that my state attorney got in contact with that agency. There the unknown agents boss wrote my name wrong and didnt even mention why he never contacted me.

I got pissed because I phoned them, sent an email, a fax - nothing. Then these amateurs cant even write my name correct? Wouldnt have minded that usually, but I am not going to take a blame for not having been contactable or prolonging the whole case.

Thats what I told my seargent too - we will see, from what I heared the brass is already involved.
Gotta love how that happens. Some people just don't understand the concept of "communication".

Quote:
Old 09-13-2013, 08:00   #1259
Agent6-3/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Same with gun laws, man; it's not going to stop the ones that are really determined. And some areas of my state and Agent's state are so rural and remote it's almost unenforceable there.
Yep, that's the issue.

OC, hunting laws are actually pretty strict. If the poacher that wounded this deer were caught they'd be in some pretty deep trouble. Game laws are hard to enforce though and the rural nature of many places makes it even more difficult.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:05   #1260
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Yep, that's the issue.

OC, hunting laws are actually pretty strict. If the poacher that wounded this deer were caught they'd be in some pretty deep trouble. Game laws are hard to enforce though and the rural nature of many places makes it even more difficult.
Good luck, man. Anything in season at all up there right now? Also, do you have much in the way of fish and game cops up there?

Quote:

Last edited by CJStudent; 09-13-2013 at 08:06..